The NEW Boo to you! MNSSHP official thread 2013

lovethattink said:
Any idea if tonight's party is sold out? My phone is taking too long to load Disney's website.

I bought us tickets for it yesterday, no problem buying them and the CM didn't mention it being near sold out.

Surprising my group peoples with tickets, because we went on the 22nd and I got really ill for some bizarre reason and I worry I brought their night down a little. So tonight everyones bemoaning how we have no plans except busy Illuminations... mwahaha I have tickets for us to go to MNSSNP yay!!

What a great surprise. Say hi if you see us. My soon will either be Boba Fett or a storm trooper once it cools down.

lovethattink said:
What a great surprise. Say hi if you see us. My soon will either be Boba Fett or a storm trooper once it cools down.

Nice!! I love Star Wars costumes!! I was going to dress up, then I didn't have time and rationalized it with "pssht, probably no adults will dress up anyway!" Mistake! Next year I'm bringing a costume for sure!

We went on the 24th... Our bands got us in fine. The party was great, the kids got a lot of candy for the long car ride home! We were waiting for the second parade on the benches near the bridge and were told those seats were reserved. Does anyone know why? I didn't thing FP plus was an option on party night. By the time we were told it was impossible to find a good view of the parade.

So. I'm in line for Jack now. Been here since 5. 5th in line. It's 6:30 and the line is shorter than I expected. I'm hoping this is a sign of a slow night!!

We went on the 24th... Our bands got us in fine. The party was great, the kids got a lot of candy for the long car ride home! We were waiting for the second parade on the benches near the bridge and were told those seats were reserved. Does anyone know why? I didn't thing FP plus was an option on party night. By the time we were told it was impossible to find a good view of the parade.

That's the parade VIP area... I'm fairly certain it's reserved for every parade at MK. That's where celebs and special Magical Moment Guests view the parades.

So. I'm in line for Jack now. Been here since 5. 5th in line. It's 6:30 and the line is shorter than I expected. I'm hoping this is a sign of a slow night!!

I'm wondering if Jack's popularity has decreased. We met him with a less than 5 minute wait during Friday's party.

I'm at the party now, the party I got tickets for just yesterday as I got ill at the party last Tuesday. And.... I'm feeling ill tonight too! The universe does not want me to have a good party experience, argh! Pressing on....

Also, everyone's costumes look amazing!! There's a Snow White and her Prince here that look so real, people keep stopping and pointing while they figure out if its a guest or not

Went last night 10/27.
Quick review.

I did have me and they scanned my mb and my ticket. We got in right at 4.
Had a fp+ to meet Mickey at town sq. went to that. Fp line was long. Waited 20 minutes and didn't move and looked like. At least 30 minutes so we bailed..oh well.
Took train to fantasyland and rode dumbo before 5 no wait. The uses little mermaid fp. Then ate pork shank and walked to Casey's for kids hot dogs. Came back for fp at 6 to enchanted tales with belle. Very fun and in right away.
Out and changed kids into costumes. Dd9 & ds5.
Watched mickeys philharmagic at 645 and at seven headed to tomorrow land. No wait for te Indy cars so we did that them started trick or treating. Then no line for buzz...did that. Kids danced a bit with mu dance party. Then did trail to fantasyland. Pretty bottlenecked but this was the only wait all night. Made it to fantasyland and lots of stations there. Rode Winnie the Pooh no wait. It was almost 8 and headed to Haines mansion.
Love the new path to hm from fantasy land. Amazing to just be there. Rode hm...no wait at all. Did the haunted carriage picture. Then we headed to thunder mountain so dd could ride. About 9 now and we hit a couple treat stations then make our way at 925 to watch fireworks. Great front spot in front of crystal palace.
Loves that... No crowd. Then to adventure land.
Rode pirates and then back to splash Mnt treat trail...no wait. Wanted to do jungle cruise but was closed. Then we went to frontier land to watch parade. Great front spot on a corner at 1020. Watched it all. Then headed to ride Allison carpets. Made our way out at 1130. Caught bus right away and bak to aofa in bed at 12:01.

Overall I felt it wasn't crazy crowded. Only seen dwarves had a long line. We walked by Minnie and only five people were in line...same for Aladdin and mice from Cinderella. Meeting characters wasn't our thing this year although we learned Pluto doesn't meet on Halloween and we would have done that.
We got about 11 lbs of candy...every station was handfuls.

Went last night ! Longest wait was 10 min and that was for the dwarves! So worth it! Lots of candy !

We went to the Sunday night party and had a great time. Arrived early and had dinner at Tony's. In line for Jack Sparrow at 6:20 and third in line. Line was long by seven. Caught the first Villians show and were four rows back from the stage, and got a picture with the Evil Queen. Lots of jostling in there, my 5 year old was bumped pretty hard so we only got that one picture. Worked some ToT in and arrived by the Dwarves as the parade was starting. Waited 15 minutes for a great picture of my girls with them. We worked our way into Frontierland, got a picture with Abu and Aladdin which was what we needed for our collection. Got front row for 2 nd parade. Rode BTM twice in the dark, and got Jafar on the way out at 11:30.
Overall, had a great time. Seemed busier than last year by a lot. I never saw so many stollers in my life, saw one double with what looked like a 10 and 8 year old in them. Have a plan and you will have a great time.

Ha, that was one of my takeaways from our trip to Disney. So. Many. Strollers.

I've seen here people talking about being able to switch out candy at Guest Relations for people allergic to nuts - could someone explain how it works? I asked one trick-or-treat CM at the party the other night and he said he wasn't sure but picked out nut-free candy for me from his stuff. I didn't want to ask for that at every station though because then I'd be "that person" that holds up the lines. At the end of the night we were tired and just went home, but we're going to the party again tomorrow and I'd love to know how it works.

I've seen here people talking about being able to switch out candy at Guest Relations for people allergic to nuts - could someone explain how it works? I asked one trick-or-treat CM at the party the other night and he said he wasn't sure but picked out nut-free candy for me from his stuff. I didn't want to ask for that at every station though because then I'd be "that person" that holds up the lines. At the end of the night we were tired and just went home, but we're going to the party again tomorrow and I'd love to know how it works.

You just collect Candy as you would normally throughout the park. Take the candy you don't want to Guest Relations at the end of the night and they'll "swap" it for safe candy for you :)

Disney_Princess83 said:
You just collect Candy as you would normally throughout the park. Take the candy you don't want to Guest Relations at the end of the night and they'll "swap" it for safe candy for you :)

Woot thanks! I'm so glad they have that option as we ended up with about 50/50 nuts and no-nuts candy

We went to City Hall about 30 minutes before the end of the party and asked if they had any treats for a peanut/tree nut allergy kid...we didn't have any candy to trade (we never "trick or treat" at the party) but they brought out one of the bags they give you at the start of the party. About 1/4 of it was filled with hard candies (sugar free) and then there were two little baggies with foil wrapped "pumpkin" chocolates and one really cute chocolate Bat sucker. Both said, "Vermont Nut Free Chocolates"....he was THRILLED because he NEVER gets to eat chocolate for fear of the cross-contamination. It was so nice and we left very happy!

We will be at the party tonight! Co,e up and set hello if you see us. I'll be Ariel in her town dress/Kiss the girl outfit. My sister will be Jasmine but as "street rat" :) Excitied for the party tonight!

Has anyone been to the party and met Mickey there? I could swear I read somewhere that it was Mickey in a Halloween outfit and it was on my to-do list, but I just asked a CM and she insisted it was just Mickey in his regular outfit? I met Minnie at our last party in her witchy outfit and I really thought Mickey had a party-only outfit too

patrickpiteo said:
Sold out tonight wall to wall people insane

I'm convinced "crowded" is all about perception and not actual facts and figures. One persons crowd is another persons reasonable. We're at the party tonight too - got here at 7:15pm (got distracted by those F&W booths, oops!), came in and got wristbands/bags, got our Sorcerers cards, waited for Mickey for a few mins, went and met Jack Sparrow, rode on PotC... and we've only been here 45mins!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter