The NEW Boo to you! MNSSHP official thread 2013

I kinda wish they'd kept it that way instead of changing it. When we went it was talking Mickey and Minnie was separate and in Fantasyland- we got her in her Halloween costume but I'd have loved both

We were at the parties on the 20th and the 25th. On the 20th, she was with Mickey in Town Square Theatre. On the 25th, she as out in FL and I assume Mickey was still in TST talking up a storm.

I am seriously icked out!

When we went to the Sept party. We received laffy taffy marked with hearts and to: from: spots. Aka Vday candy. So I sent an email to Disney asking WTH is the expiration dates on all this candy and is it old candy.

Well I got my answer today......the earliest the candy starts expiring is November 2013 and the latest is March 2014. YUCK! It is all old candy. Candy has long expiration dates and those nearing their end dates have been hanging around for at least a year. Add in all those hot sticky parties and melted crushed candy......well that explains why the M&Ms and Reese's are all weird tasting.

And the girl said the only candy that could resemble vday candy is the lollipops but I clearly described the laffy taffy we received along with the date codes on it.

We did not receive that type of laffy taffy at the Oct party we went to though. (Yes I checked!)

So keep in mind you need to eat up the candy you get from the parties or toss it relatively quickly.

Sugar doesn't really spoil, though taffy type stuff can get hard & brittle. PB can go rancid so Reese's tasting off doesn't surprise me. I've had candy kept for years @ home taste fine so I guess YMMV. Our local food bank at home will take food up to 3 yrs past its marked expiration/sell by date (non perishable that is). Given all the preservatives in food these days, they won't spoil real fast but I do wonder about the safety of all the chemicals added to preserve it...

Sugar doesn't really spoil, though taffy type stuff can get hard & brittle. PB can go rancid so Reese's tasting off doesn't surprise me. I've had candy kept for years @ home taste fine so I guess YMMV. Our local food bank at home will take food up to 3 yrs past its marked expiration/sell by date (non perishable that is). Given all the preservatives in food these days, they won't spoil real fast but I do wonder about the safety of all the chemicals added to preserve it...

For $60/ ticket, Disney can buy new candy to hand out or just hand out their own goofy's candy company candy. They certainly don't need to be taking other companies candy leftovers. Obviously they figured no one would even notice. And I wouldn't have...except for the Vday candy standing out like that! I rather they admit to it than talk around the issue and say it starts to expire in Nov, like that is all good and normal!

And candy kept at home doesn't normally spend hours being exposed to really high temps before being brought back in normal conditions.

Still is very yuck to me. My DH said he'll eat all the candy no problem, he doesn't care as long as it doesn't taste nasty! LOL

For $60/ ticket, Disney can buy new candy to hand out or just hand out their own goofy's candy company candy...

Your money is turning around to pay for all the additional entertainment from the specialty parade, stage show, fireworks, and characters. My understanding is that the candy is provided by sponsors.

Heading to the party tonight, we are so excited! Knowing it's Halloween and sold out- I'm worried about missing good spots for the 2nd parade and the villains show. Meet & greets aren't that important but I have a fp to meet Mickey in town square before the party hoping he'll be in costume since it's actually Halloween! Any tips on crowds and good parade spots- what time should we plan on getting a good spot for the villains show? TIA!!!

Heading to the party tonight, we are so excited! Knowing it's Halloween and sold out- I'm worried about missing good spots for the 2nd parade and the villains show. Meet & greets aren't that important but I have a fp to meet Mickey in town square before the party hoping he'll be in costume since it's actually Halloween! Any tips on crowds and good parade spots- what time should we plan on getting a good spot for the villains show? TIA!!!

Stay away from the hub and close to the castle was gridlock Tuesday. Doubt talking Mickey will be anything but his standard costume with a cape. Go to the latest villains show you can to avoid as much of the crowd.

We went to the party at Disneyland on 10/25 and the one at the Magic Kingdom tonight. The MK one was WAY better and WAY less crowded. Despite a slow meal ending at 7:35, we got more done at MK. The ONLY thing I liked better about Disneyland is the trick or treating. At each party, we made it to two trails. At MK, one had two treat stops and the other had one. We left with virtually no candy. At Disneyland, there were so many locations in Toontown we left with enough candy to last a month.

My DH makes us leave right after fireworks, so we never get much done. At Disneyland, we did get a picture with Mickey and Minnie, watched the cavalcade, watched the fireworks and visited two candy trails. At MK, we did the two magic shots by HM, the PP in front of PotC, rode PotC, visited two candy trails, watched the fireworks and watched the parade. I also spent over 15 minutes for my SotMK card before the party started. The CM gave me a card for 2012 and 2013, so I felt special (until I read that others got the same perk).

All four trails had long lines, but only the one through Mickey's House in Toontown moved slowly. It was worth it too, since it had more than double the candy stops as other locations. My son could not get over Trick or treating through Mickey's House either.

Until my husband is willing to stay a little later (hopefully when our boys are older- they're 2 and 6), I would not likely return to either party. We had a fantastic time, but it is a large investment for 2.75 hours (technically 3 at Disneyland, since we made 15 minutes of the Toontown pre-party. We were walking out the gates of both parties by 9:45pm. Thanks to a quick boat at MK and staying on property at Disneyland, we were back to our hotels by 10pm each night too. That was nice.

Everyone should experience the party once if they can. I heard a lady on the bus to the MK inform another lady that she should not have bought a ticket to the party. She was having a late dinner and getting out in time to watch the parade and fireworks. She proceeded to tell her they only check wristbands for rides bad trick or treating. No wonder the parades are so crowded!

The ride lines at the Disneyland party were insane all night on 10/25. I never saw the HM or PotC posted at less than 30 minutes. We did however get a decent spot (second row) in the hub to the 8:30 cavalcade around 8:15.

The ride lines at the MK party were much better. We basically walked onto PotC (less than a two minute wait). Haunted Mansion was posted as 25 minutes, which would have been possible had we not left dinner 35 minutes into the party. Our parade spot was not as great. Despite the much longer route, we were toward the beginning in a second row spot. We arrived at 7:50 for the 8:15. I wonder if arriving at 7:45 would have gotten us a better location or at least the front row.

Lesson. Do not eat dinner after 5pm for an MK party or 4:15pm for a Disneyland party. The Toontown pre party starts at 6pm, so it would have been nice to catch more of that.

Had an absolutely amazing night at the party. We focussed just on characters tonight and ended up meeting 45 over the course of the day, 33 at the party.*

At AK, we met Goofy and Pluto in Halloween outfits. Chip and Dale and Donald in their regular outfits. Then we went to Coronado Springs and met The Three Caballeros, then Port Orleans - Riverside and met Tiana and Louis, then caught the boat to French Quarter and met Mickey and Goofy in their jester outfits. After this, we headed to the party.*

We grabbed dinner from Casey's and then headed down Main Street. Lotso came out at 7:35pm and we were the first in line. Then we headed back down Main Street and saw the Villains Mix and Mingle. We were first in line for Dr Facillier and we caught Frollo walking around.*

We headed into Storybook Circus and met Donald and Daisy and then Goofy. Then we jumped in line for Ariel and then jumped in line for Gaston just before he arrived so we were 4th in line.*

Then we stopped by the Princesses. Cinderella and Aurora was a walk in so we went straight inside. We met both Princesses with their Princes before coming out *and getting in line for The Hundred Acre Wood Gang for their 9:30pm set. Waited about 20 minutes for them to come out but we were third in line. We watched some of HalloWishes before we met The Mad Hatter. While we were taking photos, Alice came running up so we met them both.*

We stopped by the Monsters Dance Party and had photos with Mike, Sulley, Boo, Needleman and Sanderson.*

Afterwards we headed to the Dance Party in Frontierland and danced with Woody, Jessie and Bullseye.*

We went into Adventureland and saw Genie and Jasmine but their line was cut for the night so we kept going and jumped in line for Tarzan, Jane and Terk. On we were done the Faeries line was still open so we met Tink and Rosetta.*

We headed down Main Street and took some more photos. On the way out, Sally and Jack had finished meeting but the stood on the balcony for some photo ops ( no meet and greets) and we got quick photos standing in front of them.*

It was an amazing character filled evening.*

We were thereafter night! Crowds were crazy but lines were fine! We didn't get as much candy or think the candy was very good. Went through five stations a maybe 1/4 of kids' bag were filled. Very little chocolate.

Boo parade was great! We got a spot on Main Street for second parade 30 minutes prior. Easy!

Weather was horrific. Hot and humid with little to no breeze. I felt horrid for most in costs! My clone trooper stripped his off by 8pm and my yoda was done with hers by 7:05pm. Ha! My DH was obi won kanobi and I was leia! Some of the costumes people wore were awesome!

Glad we went but between the crowds and heat it was t our thing.

Don't know if this happened at every party but when we went to pick up our halloween SOTMK cards last night they gave us last year's card as well as this year's. Total score! And yes party was crowded, we waited close to an hour for Jack & Sally. But the worst wait was getting to BW at the end of the night! 45 min! Unacceptable! You'd think they'd schedule more than 1 bus to serve three resorts! The line was the longest I've ever seen for a bus.

Dikran said:
Don't know if this happened at every party but when we went to pick up our halloween SOTMK cards last night they gave us last year's card as well as this year's. Total score! And yes party was crowded, we waited close to an hour for Jack & Sally. But the worst wait was getting to BW at the end of the night! 45 min! Unacceptable! You'd think they'd schedule more than 1 bus to serve three resorts! The line was the longest I've ever seen for a bus.

Was there on the 27th and got both cards too

I was there on the 31st and got both cards too. I didn't think it was that bad crowd wise. The party was more different than the DL one than I expected. Better in some ways but not others.

Doea anyone else find the projection of the crumbling castle a little disturbing?

We were at the party on Thursday Oct 24 and only got this year's card. We picked up our party card early (about 4pm) when we picked up our regular card pack for the day so maybe that's why we didn't get the pixie dust and last year's card :mad:

We were at the party on Thursday Oct 24 and only got this year's card. We picked up our party card early (about 4pm) when we picked up our regular card pack for the day so maybe that's why we didn't get the pixie dust and last year's card :mad:

I am going to a MVMCP this year and wanted to know if we could pick up our party card at 4pm....since you were able to for MNSSHP this year I am assuming this would hold true for MVMCP too, fingers crossed. Your post just gave me some hope.

They have been giving them away in the park (not during a party) for a few days now. We got them yesterday afternoon and evening. (Both 2012&2013 cards)

Anyone have any information on the 2014 dates, ticket information, etc?

Nothing yet. The Sept. Calendar will be out in mid-late Feb, and Oct. Will be out mid-late March. We should be able to get the dates then. Do you have a certain timeframe you are looking for?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter