The *NEW* Grand Floridian Resort and Spa FAQ thread (MAY 2008)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We got RPC for our last 3 nights, Dec 17-20, at the AP rate. I am so thrilled! We are at the Poly for the 1st 4 nights, Dec 13-17, in a MK View room. I can't wait to see the Castle lit up!

What is outside? Some tables are outside but they are also inside where the food is. :confused3

Unless you have that wonderful RPC MK view, right Chan?
I love that back elevator to get to Gaspies and the Marina quickly.

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

:thumbsup2 Yes..if you have that wonderful view, Gaspies can be VERY convenient with that back elevator. OR just climb down the balconies.:rotfl:

Channing :goodvibes

:thumbsup2 Yes..if you have that wonderful view, Gaspies can be VERY convenient with that back elevator. OR just climb down the balconies.:rotfl:

No joke...i was just coming back to edit my post to say the same thing.
Maybe they could install a dumbwaiter to send us up some food? :rotfl:

I certainly will! I am sitting in the airport now...Our flight is delayed an hour! :eek:

Sorry to hear of your delay. Hopefully your on your way now. Have fun!:wizard:

:thumbsup2

Yep....It's part of the main building & it's not too difficult to access. :) All you do it go out the back by the GF Cafe...turn left, walk along the building and you're there. :)

From where it's located it's more convenient to the outer lodge buildings then from the rooms in the main building.

Lives4Disney :)

Gasparilla's is convenient to all buildings IMO. But using the pool elevator, RPC rooms are the closest. The entrance is just feet away from the door to that elevator. In addition the walkway is covered in case of rain.

With 247 pages and having only read page 1 - I thought I was ask for help before you hit page 250...

Spa treatments - what is your favourite and why?

Thanks.

My daughter has enjoyed facials and massages there very much. The only thing I've had is the Tired Feet (or something like that). I don't recommend that one unless it has really changed. If you book it, determine how much time will be spent on massage versus just soaking your feet in water!!!

I see playground listed for the GF, but does it have one for the kids? I don't seem to be able to locate it on the map.

No playground. But when our children were little, the beach and pools were playground enough at the Polynesian. In those days, there was a playground at that resort and you would rarely see children there.

Didn't I just say that Gaspies is convenient using the back elevator?:confused3

I was TRYING to imply that the entrance to Gaspies being out back of the main building means it is VERY convenient to the outer lodges. :thumbsup2 It is not as convenient to main building rooms unless you use that back elevator - which is also not convenient unless you are in that wing of rooms.:sad2: Maybe I miss typed??? :confused3 :confused: Or people just like to dissect more likely.:confused3

Lives4Disney

It is not as convenient to main building rooms unless you use that back elevator - which is also not convenient unless you are in that wing of rooms.

Lives4Disney

The pool elevator is very convenient for rooms overlooking the courtyard as well as those with a marina view.

I just saw this on Allearsnet.com. It is the price list for the goodies at this year's gingerbread house:

Ginger Bread House Goodies for Sale:

Large Chocolate Chip Cookie (4 oz) $2.50
Gingerbread Cookie People (1.6 oz) $4.00

Lollipops
Oreo Cookie White Chocolate Pop (1.6 oz) $4.00 *new this year*
Mickey Face (3 oz) $5.75
Princess (1.6 oz) $5.75
Chocolate Mickey or Minnie Head (3.25 oz) $6.75
Gingerbread House Shingle (2.8 oz) $7.00
Chocolate Snowman with Chocolates (4.2 oz) $7.25
Chocolate Mickey in Gold Box (3.2 oz ) $7.50

Gingerbread Ornaments
Small (1 oz) $ 8.50
House (3.8 oz) $16.50
Butterfly (5.4 oz) $16.50
Tree (3oz) $16.50
Cup (4oz) $16.50

Chocolate Gingerbread House (5.6oz) $10.00 *new this year*
Chocolate Holiday Hexagon Box with Truffles (7 oz) $10.00 *new this year*

Peppermint Bark 1/2 lb bag $12.00
Chocolate Holiday Frame (5.8 oz) $12.00
Assorted Gingerbread Cookies 1/2 lb bag $15.75
Seasons Greetings Chocolate box with Truffles (14.6 oz) $16.50
Stollen Bread with Marzipan (2lb) $18.25

Chocolate Disney Characters
Belle (14.4 oz) $19.50
Donald (9.4 oz) $19.50
Goofy (10.4 oz) $19.50
Mickey (14.2 oz) $19.50
Minnie ( 12.5 oz) $19.50 *new this year*
Tinker Bell (9.4 oz) $19.50

Poinsettia Chocolate Box with Truffles (20 oz) $19.50

Chocolate Champagne Bottle with Chocolates (1lb 2.6 oz) $35.00 *new this year*

Signature Gingerbread House (3.5 lbs) $65.00

Signature Chocolate Box with Truffles (2lbs 5 oz) $75.00

Yum! Wish I were going to be there this Christmas to shop at the Gingerbread House. Who knows... maybe DH will surprise me again with a GF Xmas stay...

The white chocolate characters are always impressive and my parents cut cartwheels for that stollen ;)

I can't wait to be there in 3 weeks! I asked to have a Gingerbread House in our room from IPO. Will I be able to carry it home on the plane or can they ship it for me?

I can't wait to be there in 3 weeks! I asked to have a Gingerbread House in our room from IPO. Will I be able to carry it home on the plane or can they ship it for me?

Denise....you'll have to carry it. We had one in our room during our Xmas stay and then we did ship it home. LOL...we weren't expecting much and it was a mess when it got home. So...we ate it. :rotfl: :rotfl:

The houses are made of SOFT gingerbread cookies...the thing that makes the walls hard and supports the house is that the cookie walls/roof are lined on the inside with chocolate.:goodvibes

Have a MAGICAL trip!!:)

Channing

you'll have to carry it. The houses are made of SOFT gingerbread cookies...the thing that makes the walls hard and supports the house is that the cookie walls/roof are lined on the inside with chocolate.:goodvibes

Any problems with the gingerbread house on the plane? I'm now tempted to get one. I know DS4 would LOVE it. It's looking like he's going for a gingerbread collection this year! :rotfl: We already have one Costco house and now he wants the gingerbread train. I know he's going to want the GF house when he sees it. Does it fit in the overhead compartment?? Do they package it well? I will be very upset if it broke on it's way home at $65!!!

Don't all the buildings that surround the main pool have an elevator that leads to the ground floor where you can walk right to the pool?

Whats going on here? Im getting confused :confused3

You guys lost me with this "pool elevator". We were in Big Pine Key and had one main door going in and out of the building.

Are you referring to the door/elevator between GF Cafe and Gaspies? That looks convenient if your staying RPC and heading to the main pool. You avoid the main lobby.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter