The *NEW* Grand Floridian Resort and Spa FAQ thread (MAY 2008)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any problems with the gingerbread house on the plane? I'm now tempted to get one. I know DS4 would LOVE it. It's looking like he's going for a gingerbread collection this year! :rotfl: We already have one Costco house and now he wants the gingerbread train. I know he's going to want the GF house when he sees it. Does it fit in the overhead compartment?? Do they package it well? I will be very upset if it broke on it's way home at $65!!!

We had a white chocolate wedding cake top that we shipped instead of carrying home. We packed it so well and I stupidly thought it would be ok but one of the towers broke off. :mad:

I wish i had carried it.

Don't all the buildings that surround the main pool have an elevator that leads to the ground floor where you can walk right to the pool?

Whats going on here? Im getting confused :confused3

I very confused by thev "pool elevator". Hopefully BCV23 will let us know what that is.

We had a white chocolate wedding cake top that we shipped instead of carrying home. We packed it so well and I stupidly thought it would be ok but one of the towers broke off. :mad:

I wish i had carried it.

Oh, that's even more special than a gingerbread house. Sorry to hear that :(

I'm just wondering how large is the packaging in order to carry it on the plane. Jetblue is really picky about putting all packages in the overhead. They do let me keep the boys small soft cooler on the floor under the seat in front of me, but I don't want to "smush" the gingerbread house anywhere.

I'll ask the flight attendant Monday what their policy is with "delicate" packages ;)

Didn't someone say they found gingerbread houses at the BC for half the price - $35?? I know I read that somewhere. I'm guessing there has to be a difference. Maybe those are not lined with chocolate??

Are you referring to the door/elevator between GF Cafe and Gaspies? That looks convenient if your staying RPC and heading to the main pool. You avoid the main lobby.

You're exactly right. It is very convenient to the original pool and I imagine it was placed where it is for that reason. No need to traipse through the lobby in swimwear. Even to go to the new pool, it's the elevator we used for that reason.

It's also convenient to the dock, marina, Narcoossee's and is just steps away from Gasparilla's along the covered walk.

Triplefigs, your trip is so close now. Have fun!

Just a reminder that everyone needs to be respectful in their posts. If you disagree with a poster or their thoughts you can post a response or step away from the keyboard.

This thread is to help people plan their GF vacation not to attack others.

Thank you.

We've usually referred to the back elevator near Gasparilla's as the pool elevator, too - because we always use it to get to the pools, rather than go tramping through the lobby in swim gear! ;)

I think everyone is saying basically the same thing, just in different ways: Gasparilla's is housed in the main building, but there is no entrance to it within the building, you have to go outside and around to the marina, to enter the restaurant.

The RPC CM's always refer to the elevator next to Gasparillas as the service elevator since it is used by CM's as well. I had no idea what a pool elevator was?! Thank goodness you have to have a RPC key to use it.

Service elevator seems a bit of a misnomer to me as it's the only public elevator that goes to the second floor and the honeymoon rooms there.

But who cares what we call it as long as we all understand to which elevator we're referring.:goodvibes

I don't mind walking thru the GF lobby in my swim stuff. I have a cute cover up.:goodvibes It's a shorter route & air conditioned.;)And it's DISNEY.

I read a lot of posts from people that think the GF is "Stuffy" "Uppity" etc...and they actually even mention they wouldn't feel comfortable walking thru the lobby in a swimsuit. :confused: Never bothered me. :confused3 To each their own. When you're in a suite overlooking the Beach Pool it's much more convenient to go thru the lobby. :) We use that service elevator when it's convenient, too....

:goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes

My daughter has enjoyed facials and massages there very much. The only thing I've had is the Tired Feet (or something like that). I don't recommend that one unless it has really changed. If you book it, determine how much time will be spent on massage versus just soaking your feet in water!!!

Thanks...I am deciding if I want to add to this to our December vacation?

Service elevator seems a bit of a misnomer to me as it's the only public elevator that goes to the second floor and the honeymoon rooms there.

But who cares what we call it as long as we all understand to which elevator we're referring.:goodvibes

I wouldn't call it public, i wouldnt want people thinking they can use it to get into the main building. You do need a key.
I would call the elevator that opens to the RPC desks more of a public elevator since the public can get on at the first 2 floors and possibly ride up with a RPC guest.

Actually I was talking to the wife about those second floor rooms last time we were there. I was wondering if i was staying in those honeymoon rooms would we walk around to the back elevator or just use the lobby elevator and then take the back elevator down a floor hmmmmmmmm

That back elevator is used a lot by private dining though. I rode with them a bunch of times.

But you are right at least we all know what are talking about now.

I wouldn't call it public, i wouldnt want people thinking they can use it to get into the main building. You do need a key.
I would call the elevator that opens to the RPC desks more of a public elevator since the public can get on at the first 2 floors and possibly ride up with a RPC guest.

Actually I was talking to the wife about those second floor rooms last time we were there. I was wondering if i was staying in those honeymoon rooms would we walk around to the back elevator or just use the lobby elevator and then take the back elevator down a floor hmmmmmmmm

That back elevator is used a lot by private dining though. I rode with them a bunch of times.

But you are right at least we all know what are talking about now.

You know, M&P...you have a good point there about the gold lobby elevators & public..:rolleyes1

Yeah...those 2nd floor rooms seem like a bit of a hassle IMO. Nice castle view though..and if you were into climbing balconies for the shortest route possible...you COULD conceivably do that off the 2nd floor.:rotfl: So...maybe just bring a rope if you want a 2nd floor honeymoon room for you and the wife.;)

The CMs call it a service elevator. Most public don't even know it exists.

Lives4Disney :)

Does anyone know the names of the companies/people that make the gift bags that include the ears, autograph books, etc? I'm want to have them in the room when we arrive. We are staying on the concierge level - would they do the shopping for me before we arrive and it already?

www.disneyflorist.com

That is the onsite location for the goodies... You may get some more advice from others who have ordered at the GF... I've gotten things when I was at the Poly...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter