• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The *NEW* Grand Floridian Resort and Spa Frequently Asked Questions -Updated 08/12/02

Status
Not open for further replies.
We also go running/walking and did such at GF in July. We started at Sugar Loaf, headed towards the new pool, past the Spa and Wedding Chapel. Then on towards the Polynesian, past the Luau area, around the various buildings, over to the TTC, around the ticket area and back. That was about a 5K (maybe a bit less). My husband took off from the TTC through the TTC parking lots and got more miles in. We usually did this early in the AM, like 6AM or earlier. It's a little dark around the buildings that are being renovated at the Polynesian, but not too bad.

OK now we have changed our minds again and want to stay at GF again (next October). So just wanted to bump the thread so I get my GF fix.

All you GF lovers, I need your advice...
We are returning in Dec to GF - it will be our 7th GF trip - but we have only stayed in Sugar Loaf, Conch Key or Sago Cay. Once we were put in Big Pine Key - in a room that overlooked the back of the courtyard pools restrooms and where the housekeeping carts are kept - luckily they moved us (but over to Sago Cay).

We are booked for a Garden view room this time. Can anyone tell me which rooms or parts of Boca Chica or Big Pine Key are good? I wouldn't mind trying out another building this time!

Thanks

Cali-

Are there any posts or websites with building layouts of the GF? Just trying to get an idea of the views.

Thanks!

Originally posted by disneydill
All you GF lovers, I need your advice...
We are returning in Dec to GF - it will be our 7th GF trip - but we have only stayed in Sugar Loaf, Conch Key or Sago Cay. Once we were put in Big Pine Key - in a room that overlooked the back of the courtyard pools restrooms and where the housekeeping carts are kept - luckily they moved us (but over to Sago Cay).

We are booked for a Garden view room this time. Can anyone tell me which rooms or parts of Boca Chica or Big Pine Key are good? I wouldn't mind trying out another building this time!

Thanks

I would say any of the rooms would be good in either of those two buildings because they both face inward towards the quiet pool & main building. The only thing I would consider requesting would be a higher floor to help avoid some "quiet" pool noise.

Thanks for the thoughts, BrianD.

We are so ready for this vacation - I almost don't care where the room is anymore!

:yo-yo:

We absolutely loved Conch Key! :D It was so fantastic... just the perfect location!!! :earsgirl:

Thanks for the bump, SMSCSJ!

And tigrlvspooh - you are right about Conch Key!

We are less than 30 days out and I can hardly wait.
Now I'm wishing we would have planned a longer trip!

::yes:: ::yes::

Ohhh Conch Key is the building my husband said he would love to stay in. Any details I can share with him?

Originally posted by minster22
For any of you Grand veterans out there....... My best friend and I are having a fabulous ladies only stay next spring. For our first day there my plan is to basically just unwind and explore the resort on our first day. We would like to schedule spa treatments in the early evening and have room service dinner that evening. Can we arrange it so that we have our room service all set up when we arrive back at the room or do we have to be there to open the door etc? Also do they really set up the table with linens as they show in all the photos? Anyone with experience with this I will appreciate your advice!!! Thanks!!

we have done that same exact thing...did the spa treatment and had the food awaiting us in the room...conc took care of it all,they obviously had an incentive though

Hi :wave:

Where are the best views from Standard Garden View Rooms? (buildings/room numbers)

We don't mind about location or distance from anywhere, just a nicely furnished room (with a daybed to sleep 5) with a nice view is all we need!

Thanks!

Richard.

Originally posted by richard3330
Hi :wave:

Where are the best views from Standard Garden View Rooms? (buildings/room numbers)

We don't mind about location or distance from anywhere, just a nicely furnished room (with a daybed to sleep 5) with a nice view is all we need!

Thanks!

Richard.

The nice thing about the Standard Views at the GF is that they are all pretty good--usually garden or quiet pool views. I like Big Pine Key-- it is close to the main beach area/ main pool. If you get a room in BPK that is on a higher floor and closest to the beach side of the building, you even have a little peek of the fireworks from across the quiet pool and above the other lodge buildings.

Really any building will be a nice though. The GF is beautiful! Have fun! :)

We are hoping to stay at the GF soon using our DVC points. I have read that we can only get Sugar Loaf and not RPC? Does any one know about this?

Also, the links for room layouts on pg 1 do not seem to be working. Does anyone know of a link to these?

Thanks!:)

Hey everybody,

We are staying in the Royal Palm Club in May. I know I have read that some of these rooms have a view of the castle. I would like to request one of them. The lady in CRO told me that was not an option. Does anyone know which view to request in order to see the castle. She said that Royal Palm Rooms face the marina, lagoon, or something else that I can not remember. I am guessing it was the gardens.

Can anyone help me with this please?

Thank you,
Myra

Myra, we just returned from the Royal Palm a few hours ago. It was a wonderful trip. You want to request room #'s 1-8 either on the 3rd or 4th floor. That will get you a beautiful view of the castle. It also does overlook the marina area which is why the CRO agent probably described that as the view.

Tammi

I recently stayed in a handicap-accessible room in the main building of the Grand Floridian Resort. If you want to read about my stay and see photos of my deluxe room, please click here to view my trip report. My family had a ~magical~ stay at the Grand Floridian Resort.

Tammi,
Glad to hear that you are back and it seems like you had a nice time. Any chance of an upcoming trip report once you get settled in at home? I would love to hear the details!

I'll hopefully start posting my trip report by this weekend. We had an incredible time and also a few surprises.

Tammi

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter