The new POFQ dining area looks horrible

I read that there is more decoration to be added. There are lots of photos on The Port Orleans Facebook page.

The big heads are all gone. It's all plain with just a handful of small New Orleans-themed decorations in a small area. They totally lost the quaint, creative, colorful and fun theming they had before.:sad::sad2:

Funny it seems many people hated the big heads. I remember posters who refused to stay at POFQ because of them. You truly can't please everyone.

It does say they are going to add more decor so you really shouldn't judge yet. Unless you loved those giant heads....

Funny it seems many people hated the big heads. I remember posters who refused to stay at POFQ because of them. You truly can't please everyone.

It does say they are going to add more decor so you really shouldn't judge yet. Unless you loved those giant heads....

Yup, this was me - I always said I'd never stay at POFQ because the heads freaked me out. Well we wound up booking before this redesign - it was just the best choice for all of us, and I figured I'd just try not to look up - and voila! Kismet!

Glad they got rid of the giant heads... even though they didn't freak me out or anything, I thought they looked horrible. I love how bright and open it seems now! Much better in my opinion.

Also, who the heck cares about how it looks... as long as the food is decent (and the menu DOES look promising!).

I enjoyed the loud look that it used to have. Not that I thought it resembled Marco Gras down inNew Orleans ... except for maybe colors, happiness, and beads lol
It looks rather generic and bland... I for one hope this "themed" moderate resort steps it up a bit, as is allegedly the plan.
As far as food looks YUMMY to me!
Looking forward to my next visit.

Glad they got rid of the giant heads... even though they didn't freak me out or anything, I thought they looked horrible. I love how bright and open it seems now! Much better in my opinion.

Also, who the heck cares about how it looks... as long as the food is decent (and the menu DOES look promising!).
The heads didn't bother us but I like too how much more open and bright it looks. The new menu from what I read on www.portorleans.org has almost all our favorites for breakfast except for the create your own yogurt parfait & bounty platter. Hopefully at least the yogurt parfait will be available. It taste better fresh than one sitting in a fridge unit.

It's awful and I can strike that off my list. Brown, and more brown. ZERO decor, nada. It's the French Quarter. Nothing bland about that.

It was so fun to check them all out, and see ones I'd seen in NOLA. I can't imagine a more bland theme-less option than what they did. The resort is fine but not anywhere I'd return without a huge discount and now to lose some charm, no reason to go by. Nice new menu but nothing I'd travel for. The reason to stay on property is something different than every other chain hotel ...

I enjoyed the loud look that it used to have. Not that I thought it resembled Marco Gras down inNew Orleans ... except for maybe colors, happiness, and beads lol
It looks rather generic and bland... I for one hope this "themed" moderate resort steps it up a bit, as is allegedly the plan.
As far as food looks YUMMY to me!
Looking forward to my next visit.

All that decor was made by Mardi Gras World in NOLA and the same items are on real legit Mardi Gras floats. So not only resembled but was duplicates of actual ones. I even have photos of many of them on floats.

I guess my experience at Mardi Gras was just different. I was actually referring to the "feel" rather than a specific color/s of a specific decoration/s. Perhaps my experience was colored by the food/cocktails that trip, lol... Greatly enjoyed NOLA.
Regardless, I liked the original POFQ look better than the current bland appearance.
Thanks for sharing that tidbit of information Hopperfan, interesting!

The chairs dont look very comfy, I preferred the way it looked before but will keep open mind until the decoration has finished

DH and I are among those big head haters!!! We walked over to POFQ from POR on our last trip and I thought I'd grab a bite in the food court - those big heads were so creepy, we ended up just walking straight back to Riverside Mill to eat! Maybe next year we will try the food court if those creepy heads are finally gone :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter