The NEW WL FAQ (Part 5) Simbas and Tiggers and Humphreys OH MY! Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are booking a Woods View room with Bunk Beds, are there any of those that are Lobby rooms? I would love one of those.

We are booking a Woods View room with Bunk Beds, are there any of those that are Lobby rooms? I would love one of those.

According the page 1 of this thread:

"WOODS VIEW: These rooms are located above the front desk on floors 5 & 6. North side woods view rooms are on floors 1-6 and face the "otter pond"(a handful face MK). Floors 4,5 & 6 above Whispering Canyon are Woods View Lobby rooms."

So, above WCC and the Desk would be lobby rooms. As for the bunkbeds, I'm not sure. Ours on the 4th floor with courtyard/lobby views did not have a bunkbed.

Regardless, I could sleep in a broom closet and be happy at WL!!

Hi all,
I've just returned from my second stay at the WL, and I believe I can now say that so far, it is my favorite resort! I've stayed at all the deluxes except CR, Yacht Club and Boardwalk. Our room was a woods view on the fourth floor, and we enjoyed the quiet...looking out at the villas and their pool and spa. The only downer (and it didn't bother me) was the long walk to the lobby.
I met Ranger Stan by the way, and he is a dear!
And I'm already planning another trip soon! And I do mean SOON!!!

Hi all. I'm sure the answer to this question is contained in the many pages of this great thread, but I was hoping someone could save me the time and give me some info. I just booked a concierge room at the Lodge. Although we've stayed there before, this will be our first concierge stay. It's my understanding that the view will be either woods or courtyard. However, the CM told me that I would have to pay extra for a courtyard view??? Also, has anyone stayed concierge before? Any feedback on your concierge experience would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much.

Hi all. I'm sure the answer to this question is contained in the many pages of this great thread, but I was hoping someone could save me the time and give me some info. I just booked a concierge room at the Lodge. Although we've stayed there before, this will be our first concierge stay. It's my understanding that the view will be either woods or courtyard. However, the CM told me that I would have to pay extra for a courtyard view??? Also, has anyone stayed concierge before? Any feedback on your concierge experience would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much.

The CM was mistaken. There is only one price for the club level standard rooms.

I would make your request for your courtyard view when you are contacted by the IPO office.

P.S. Just to make sure, you might want to double check your reservation to make sure they gave you club level (concierge). :thumbsup2

Have a great day!!

Good day - will be at WL on Thursday for a 10 day stay :cool1:

I've been looking for schedules or more information re: Chip'n Dale's Campfire Sing-a-long and Movie. The only thing I've found is that it starts at 7 during winter / fall months.

Is there a schedule of movies playing? Is this something that isn't availbale online?

Do they post this daily at WL - or is it only posted at FW?

I've been looking for schedules or more information re: Chip'n Dale's Campfire Sing-a-long and Movie. The only thing I've found is that it starts at 7 during winter / fall months.

Is there a schedule of movies playing? Is this something that isn't availbale online?

When you get to the Lodge, make sure you ask for a Recreation Activities Sheet at the Front Desk. Although it does not list the movies playing it does have all the activities for the Lodge and it gives information about the movies at Fort Wilderness. It says at the bottom of the one I have (from February 2007): "Disney Movie andCampfire Sing-A-Long with Chip 'n Dale. Campfire lighting at 6:30pm; Sing-A-Long with Chip 'n Dale at 7pm; Disney movie starts at 7:40pm. Call 407-824-2727 for the day's movie showing."

You might want to call the number and see if they have a list of what is playing.

Check out the camping section of the disboards, the January list of movies is on a sticky at the top.

I am having a difficult time searching this thread, but I was wondering if anyone has taken an airbed and used it in the standard two queens room. It seems like it would fit, but don't want to bring one along if I won't be able to use it.

We have a standard room booked, we are staying 10 nights and I am having a hard time justifying an extra $500.00 for bunk beds. Maybe a couple hundred........

It's taken me a good amount of time to read and glean much from this wonderful thread, and it's just made me even MORE excited for our first stay at the WL for our HoneyAnniversaryMoon!

We are going on the Premium Plan for 10 days, just hubby and I, and I was wondering if picking up "to go" from Artist Point would be an option. I read earlier on this post that someone had done it, but wasn't sure if we would be able to take advantage of the fantastic food in the privacy of our room.... can anyone help me with this???:confused3

I'm sure this has been asked a zillion times.

I have a 4 y/o & 2 y/o. DH & I haven't been to Disney since the late 1970's & 1980's respectively. :eek:

How long is the boat ride to the MK?
How long is the bus ride?

If you had a cranky, whining 2 y/o, which one would you choose to get to the MK the fastest? or back to the hotel the fastest?

And how do the dining cards work? Do you just pick a place to eat and show them your card??

thanks!

I am having a difficult time searching this thread, but I was wondering if anyone has taken an airbed and used it in the standard two queens room. It seems like it would fit, but don't want to bring one along if I won't be able to use it.

We have a standard room booked, we are staying 10 nights and I am having a hard time justifying an extra $500.00 for bunk beds. Maybe a couple hundred........

Is it a single air bed? I think it would fit to the right of the tv cabinet. We had a pack n play there last visit and still had room to walk between that and the bed. Hope this helps!

It's taken me a good amount of time to read and glean much from this wonderful thread, and it's just made me even MORE excited for our first stay at the WL for our HoneyAnniversaryMoon!

We are going on the Premium Plan for 10 days, just hubby and I, and I was wondering if picking up "to go" from Artist Point would be an option. I read earlier on this post that someone had done it, but wasn't sure if we would be able to take advantage of the fantastic food in the privacy of our room.... can anyone help me with this???:confused3

When we were there this past May we had cranky 2 year old who didn't want to eat in the resort places. So we got room service twice. Wonderful food and very large portions. The menu is a combination of what WC and AP serve I think. We had left overs we put in our fridge and were able to go down and warm them up in the microwave at RF the next afternoon.

So, I haven't read through the 500+ pages of this thread, but I was wondering if someone could answer my question. What should I ask for in my request for a quiet area of the hotel? I know a lot of the past few pages talked about how beautiful the lobby views are, but that they are loud because of WCC. I'll be in a standard room.

I'm sure this has been asked a zillion times.

I have a 4 y/o & 2 y/o. DH & I haven't been to Disney since the late 1970's & 1980's respectively. :eek:

How long is the boat ride to the MK?
How long is the bus ride?

If you had a cranky, whining 2 y/o, which one would you choose to get to the MK the fastest? or back to the hotel the fastest?

And how do the dining cards work? Do you just pick a place to eat and show them your card??

thanks!

I can't give you exact times for the rides, but we were there last week, and found that the bus was actually faster and emptier than the boats. Going home at night, there was a huge line waiting for the boat, and the bus was a very short line, and the bus came very quickly.

The dining plan is put onto all of your room key cards. All credits are on all cards, so it doesn't matter which card you show to eat. Before you order, you tell your server (or the cashier for quick service meals) that you are on the dining plan, and they will credit you appropriately.

I second that on the buses! They are very quick. What type of dining card do you have - the Disney Dining Experience or the Disney Dining Plan? In either case, you will want to make ADRs for any table service restaurants you want to go to.

We stayed standard view in September. There was a CY bunkbed room directly across the hall from us. This was on the 4th floor.

Thanks! Do you remember what your room number was? I have a map of the Lodge and I'm marking them as folks reply, lol.

I'm sure this has been answered before but are there DVD players in the rooms at WL? Thanks.

Sorry, the rooms at WL do not have DVD players. I believe that the VWL have them, but the WL itself does not.

Enjoy the Magic anyway!

Thanks! Do you remember what your room number was? I have a map of the Lodge and I'm marking them as folks reply, lol.

Hey would you mind sharing? I'd like to do it too for myself, but if you'd just let me know what you have marked off already that would help. I'll start my own layout as well. We stayed in 1153 CY view with Bunk Beds in Dec. 2006. I also know that the room next door had them as well, because the CM checking us in, said we could have the one we got or the room next door, but I don't know if she meant 1151 or 1155; sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter