The NEW WL FAQ (Part 5) Simbas and Tiggers and Humphreys OH MY! Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am having a difficult time searching this thread, but I was wondering if anyone has taken an airbed and used it in the standard two queens room. It seems like it would fit, but don't want to bring one along if I won't be able to use it.

We have a standard room booked, we are staying 10 nights and I am having a hard time justifying an extra $500.00 for bunk beds. Maybe a couple hundred........
Honestly, I don't think an airbed would fit. Is it twin size? It might fit in the hallway going into the room, but it's going to be tight! There isn't much space in the rooms...the beds take up most of it.

So, I haven't read through the 500+ pages of this thread, but I was wondering if someone could answer my question. What should I ask for in my request for a quiet area of the hotel? I know a lot of the past few pages talked about how beautiful the lobby views are, but that they are loud because of WCC. I'll be in a standard room.

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure no standard rooms are overlooking the lobby. I am pretty sure all of these are are courtyard or woods view. I would as for a room on the 5th or 6th floor in one of the "wings" if you want something quiet. :) Enjoy!

To the poster who asked...I believe we had a DVD played in our club level room this past April. Reason I'm not positive: we never needed to use one.
As to the quiet side, I've been on both sides and had quiet rooms. Last week, we were not on the MK side, but had a beautiful (and quiet) fourth floor view of the villas pool. I really enjoyed that room!

Hi guys! I'm a frequent WL guest, and I'm heading back in May of this year. I just booked a CY bunkbed room, can anyone tell me what room numbers have the bunks or where to find the info? We're traveling with another family that has a std. view booked and I'm wondering if we can still be close together.
Thanks!

In December our party had 2 Courtyard view rooms with bunks. They were 4019 and 4025.

Hi guys! I'm a frequent WL guest, and I'm heading back in May of this year. I just booked a CY bunkbed room, can anyone tell me what room numbers have the bunks or where to find the info? We're traveling with another family that has a std. view booked and I'm wondering if we can still be close together.
Thanks!
We had 2 Cy rooms in early Dec. 2157 had bunks and 2159 had 2 queens. Those are connecting rooms in the South wing.

I'm sure this has been answered before but are there DVD players in the rooms at WL? Thanks.

We didn't have a DVD player in the room, but it was so easy to hook up our portable one to the tv.

We were in a Jr. Suite (deluxe room) last June and there WAS a dvd player in our room. I asked before we left and was told no, so I didn't bring any dvd's, but then saw that there was one in our room (under the tv in the main living area). It wasn't that big of deal as the kids would have never had time to watch a movie anyway!

I know this is moot because you just never know, but my boyfriend and I are staying in a woodsview room at WL for the first time at the end of Aug/beginning of Sept. and I was wondering what the chances of us getting bumped up to Concierge Level?
:goodvibes never hurts to ask right?!:goodvibes

:thumbsup2 I'm starting to make my way through this thread and it is great! We will staying at WL for the first time Sept 13-20 2008. I am looking forward to it and to reading all the great info on here. With everything on here I don't even know if I'll have any questions but I'm sure I'll come up with some anyway.:wave2: Mark

Hello everyone! I just mananged to book a studio villa for Dec. 6 - 14, 2008 using a 40% off code I got through email. They didn't have any WL rooms available at all, but I checked today and they had a studio villa available! :yay: I'm so excited! I hope that we'll love them too.

Could you all recommend a good location to request? I'm not familiar with the villa set up at all. I'd like to be as close to the main lobby and bus as I can. Thanks so much! :goodvibes

Could you all recommend a good location to request? I'm not familiar with the villa set up at all. I'd like to be as close to the main lobby and bus as I can. Thanks so much!

I would request near elevators, over looking the Hidden Springs Pool. Click on the link below it will show you the locations of all the studios at the Villas.

Villas @ Wilderness Lodge

I would request near elevators, over looking the Hidden Springs Pool. Click on the link below it will show you the locations of all the studios at the Villas.

Villas @ Wilderness Lodge

Thank you so much! :flower3:

A couple more questions if you don't mind. I'm not familiar with these accommodations at all. Do the villas have mousekeeping too? I was also wondering about the pull out couch. Is it very easy to pull out? Do we have separate sheets and blankets for it? After a long day at the parks I want to make sure I can get the bed ready quickly. ;)

Hello everyone! I just mananged to book a studio villa for Dec. 6 - 14, 2008 using a 40% off code I got through email. They didn't have any WL rooms available at all, but I checked today and they had a studio villa available! :yay: I'm so excited! I hope that we'll love them too.

Could you all recommend a good location to request? I'm not familiar with the villa set up at all. I'd like to be as close to the main lobby and bus as I can. Thanks so much! :goodvibes

Nothing much to add..just wanted to say WOO HOO for you ! :banana: You're going to love it! Our room in September (in the Lodge, not the villas) overlooked the pool at the villas and it was very tranquil!

Nothing much to add..just wanted to say WOO HOO for you ! :banana: You're going to love it! Our room in September (in the Lodge, not the villas) overlooked the pool at the villas and it was very tranquil!

Thanks! We can't wait to see the Lodge with all the beautiful Christmas decorations. I'm just so glad we were able to get in with the discount. :goodvibes

burberryplaid, we had a room like that last week, and loved ours too!! I thought they had upgraded us when I saw the view!

Thanks! Do you remember what your room number was? I have a map of the Lodge and I'm marking them as folks reply, lol.

I don't. I know that we were on the 4th floor and halfway between two sets of elevators. The door to the room across the hall was open one day and we saw that it was courtyard view with bunk beds. We had an enclosed balconey. The view if you looked down was the smokehouse. If you just looked straight ahead it was woods and you could see the monorail passing by.

It was beautiful and quiet and I was glad that we didn't pay extra for a view.

Do the villas have mousekeeping too? I was also wondering about the pull out couch. Is it very easy to pull out? Do we have separate sheets and blankets for it? After a long day at the parks I want to make sure I can get the bed ready quickly.

Yes, you will have daily Mousekeeping if you booked thru Disney. (i.e. not renting points from a DVC Member)

The sofa will already be made up with sheets, the pillows and blanket will be located in the closet.

I have never had a problem opening the sofa so I would say they are easy to pull out.

Enjoy your trip.
Beckie

What should I ask for in my request for a quiet area of the hotel? I know a lot of the past few pages talked about how beautiful the lobby views are, but that they are loud because of WCC. I'll be in a standard room.

There are Standard View rooms located off the Lobby on the 4th floor over check-in, the views from the balconies are of roof-tops.

Some guest have said that they have been bothered by the noise of the shenanigan's that goes on from WCC. I have stayed on the 4th floor many times and once the room door was closed I never heard any noise from the Lobby. :confused3

Yes, you will have daily Mousekeeping if you booked thru Disney. (i.e. not renting points from a DVC Member)

The sofa will already be made up with sheets, the pillows and blanket will be located in the closet.

I have never had a problem opening the sofa so I would say they are easy to pull out.

Enjoy your trip.
Beckie

Thanks for your help Beckie. :goodvibes I'm sure we'll be very happy here too. The pictures I've seen of the rooms look very pretty. I just can't wait to get back to the Lodge! :yay:

Kristin

Has anyone used In-Room dining before? We're going for our anniversary and I saw something really cute that I would like to surprise DH with. (This)

Do you think they could do something like this for us if I call them?

I'm sure this has been asked and answered before but does WL have high speed internet? Do they have Wi-Fi? Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter