The NEW WL FAQ (Part 5) Simbas and Tiggers and Humphreys OH MY!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't recall any cedar but I can't be sure. Sorry couldn't help more.

Originally posted by Cleokitty
Does anyone know if the rooms at WL have cedar in them? Cedar is one of my daughter's asthma triggers. I've called Guest Services at WL a few times but can't seem to get anyone who knows.

Thanks for any info.

I'm just not sure about the cedar either, can't remember...I know some resorts have Cedar strips added to the closets and dresser drawers to protect cloths but I don't remember smelling the distinctive cedar smell while staying at the Lodge. This would be way to important to just say there isn't any...Maybe special needs could help you with the correct answer.

Hope your trip is :wizard: MAGICAL :wizard:

Fred- We are jumping over to WL for the 11th, 12th, and 13th of November. AKL from the 6th thru 10th. I'm hoping the move goes smoothly since I'll be elsewhere that day! But I figured I'd call that morning before leaving AKL and just ask to see what the cost would be. I've read so much about your concierge stays, and it just sounds so nice.............

Cedar? I don't recall any cedar smell in the rooms. My DS and I both have asthma, and didn't have any trouble, but then I don't know if cedar is a trigger for either of us. Sorry I can't be more help!:confused:

Don't worry about the move. Guest services will take good care of you!! We've done it before and had no troubles at all.

Originally posted by Tig-girl
I'm hoping the move goes smoothly since I'll be elsewhere that day! But I figured I'd call that morning before leaving AKL and just ask to see what the cost would be. I've read so much about your concierge stays, and it just sounds so nice.............

Mary Ann :wave:

Last month when we stayed at the Lodge I asked about the upgrade to concierge and was told $60.00 +tax a night..this was on a woods view. But I had booked two rooms with five children so I passed.

Opps: Let me add that the CM that was checking me in was in training and had his trainer watching every move so he might have been limited to his responce.

:wave2: I am new to the boards and am planning a trip to WL last week of Jan/ first week of Feb and am looking forward to it. I am glad for a new thread because now I can start at the beginning!! I was trying to get through the last one but there were too many pages. Now I can subscribe to the new one. Thanks so much!

Hi all

We are staying at WL in December, it will be out 2nd stay there. DH loves this resort.

I had the email for the IPO, but lost it. Can someone post it for me? I need to email them about some arrangements. I usually don't do too many PS's, but I saw the hours and figured I need to at least do some.

Thanks

Valerie

Originally posted by Lindsyb
I am new to the boards and am planning a trip to WL last week of Jan/ first week of Feb and am looking forward to it. I am glad for a new thread because now I can start at the beginning!! I was trying to get through the last one but there were too many pages. Now I can subscribe to the new one. Thanks so much!

Lindsyb
:wave:
First WELCOME to the DIS and WELCOME to the WL FAQ Thread Just jump in and post any questions you may have.

ValerieK :wave:
I don't have the information you requested but I think Majestic does. (he should be around later)

PS: Just found this information from the other Thread Majestic posted this respnoce to a simular question Hope it helps...

Originally posted by Majestic
We typically communicate via email when planning as it is much more convenient than doing things over the phone.
You can email WDW.WLodge.Itinerary.Planning@disney.com for Wilderness Lodge Itinerary Planning. Take note that the people that do the planning in advance do not actually work on the concierge floor at WL. They also plan for guests staying at the Polynesian in concierge.
Fred

We just returned last night from 4 glorious nights at the WL on the Concierge level. I must say that the staff was great, they assisted in any way possible and the food on the Concierge level was great!!

The e-mail is wdw.wlodge.itinerary.planning@disney.com

Hope this helps!!!

Could I get some help with a transportation question. This is our first WL stay so I have no idea how this is going to work. I have a CRT at 08:15 am. I personally like to get to mk by 745. When does the "big" boat start going to MK.. Is there bus service to MK? Does the little boat start earlier? What are the order of stops?? Finally could I just hop a cab from the WL to MK,in other words, are there cabs waitong outside at that time of day?

TIA, Sue

Originally posted by DisOrBust
Could I get some help with a transportation question. This is our first WL stay so I have no idea how this is going to work. I have a CRT at 08:15 am. I personally like to get to mk by 745. When does the "big" boat start going to MK.. Is there bus service to MK? Does the little boat start earlier? What are the order of stops?? Finally could I just hop a cab from the WL to MK,in other words, are there cabs waitong outside at that time of day?

TIA, Sue

Oh that's very easy!

Take the small boat over to the CR (runs 7am - 10pm), then either walk or monorail to MK. Will take abt 30-40 minutes that time of the day.

:wave:

Originally posted by Tig-girl
You know, first time I stayed at the lodge, I asked about upgrading to concierge at check in, and was not very savvy about what it really meant, and I passed up a fabulous deal. ARE YOU READY FOR THIS ONE??????? I could have had it for $30 a night extra!:eek: COLOR]

You know what - call me crazy, but I'm not sure I would upgrade for free to concierge!! Only because I'm not sure I would like the rooms. I've never been to WL yet, but it sounds like the rooms are interior and overlook the lobby, and that just sounds too busy for me. I want to overlook the otter pond, and look at trees when I wake up in the morning. I can't imagine I would be around the hotel that much for the free food anyway?

Am I wrong??

Sorcha

:Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:
VERY WONDERFUL JOB !!!!!

It's like "entering" that beautiful huge lobby of WL !!!!!
I am sure dear Roy is very happy with this new installement !!!

To everyone going to WL soon :

Pat Humphrey's nose !!!!!! and you'll be into the MAGIC !!!!!!

LAURA :wave: :wave: :wave:

p.s. DH has something to add ...
-----
DH HERE ... well ... the installement is nice ... but ...

grumpy.gif

I have problem viewing it ...
IT'S TOO LARGE !
Seriously ... it goes well over the right side of the screen and to read the post I have to continue to move the bar left / right.
Any way to fix it?
Thanks
GRUMP
Marco

Great job Fred and Beckie!!

We are staying in the 'Woods view' for our trip, and have requested non-smoking and bunkbeds if possible. I don't want to be a pain to the wonderful people at WL, but is there any thing else I should request as our day gets closer? A room or view? It is DH, dd(8yo) and myself- and we have never been to WDW!

Or should we just leave well enough alone? Thanks for any help

Congrats on the new thread!...What a great thread name too!
Hopefully, this will provide as much info as we have in the past!

GOOD LUCK...and LONG LIVE WL!!!!

Sorcha----well, I've never stayed concierge as I said, but I dont think the rooms are any different than the ones on the other floors, (Majestic?) . In fact, I request a lobby view, because it's so wonderful to come out of your door and see that stunning lobby, it just makes you feel good! I stayed lobby view, (and hopefully will again this time), and had a wonderful courtyard view also. I think it was a bear face room now that I know what they are. Not that any room at the WL could be bad I guess! As for the free food, this trip I plan to spend a lot more time at the Lodge and less time at the parks. I guess I'm getting old!!! It's good to get everyones views and ideas though, thanks!

Fred & Beckie

Thanks for starting the new thread. It really looks terrific.

Fred,
I did a survey for our stay at the Lodge in September. I will get it over to you soon. We stayed in Room 4081 (one night) and 5026. I have balcony views for 5026.

On a side note. DH loved our WL stay so much he is already looking into another trip for November 2005! This is a man who until this trip would only agree to travelling to Disney every 5 years.
:eek:

Seana :sunny:

I have a question for all you WL vets. We are staying at the WL concierge the end of Nov and beginning of December. When I've stayed at other WDW resort concierge rooms I've been contacted after booking, and have sent us stuff to fill out, our elevator keys etc ... We are about 50 days out from WL concierge and I haven't heard a word from them yet. So a few days ago I e-mailed them myself and intoduced our family. I explained how even after so many trips we were still so excited to be spending the holidays at WL, and to be celebrating my 40th birthday (the trip is my gift). I have still not received any reply. Am I expecting too much?? Funny thing is our concierge planner from last year e-mail me to welcome me back and wish me a happy 40th. Any suggestions?? I'm getting a little concerned at this point that they never offered to do PS's or anything. Thanks for any help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter