The NEW WL FAQ (Part 5) Simbas and Tiggers and Humphreys OH MY!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by sorchamac
You know what - call me crazy, but I'm not sure I would upgrade for free to concierge!! Only because I'm not sure I would like the rooms. I've never been to WL yet, but it sounds like the rooms are interior and overlook the lobby, and that just sounds too busy for me. I want to overlook the otter pond, and look at trees when I wake up in the morning. I can't imagine I would be around the hotel that much for the free food anyway?
Am I wrong??

Sorcha
:wave: :crazy:
Yep, your wrong...The rooms on the 7th Floor aren't interior and only four rooms overlook the Lobby (the honeymoon suites) the feeling while your at the Concierge Area is very informal, with the view of the Lobby and the music it is very relaxing. The remaining rooms are either Woods View or Courtyard View a few rooms over on the North Wing overlook a paved drive and the smoke house but to see the pavement you have to stand at the balcony and look over straight down. If your setting on your balcony the view is of the CR thru the tree tops, with the Monorail coming and going. Also the Castle (which changes color all thru the night) in the distance...on nights during WISHES you have your own private firework show.

AND

Yep, your right...the woods view overlooking the otter pond if on a higher floor has the same view toward the CR so they are wonderful very quite and peaceful...still great if located on a lower floor but the trees block the view more, this room has another great feature it's much more affordable which to me means I can visit more often or stay longer.

So yes concierge is great ::yes:: but if you are not in your room much, the food offerings wouldn't be much of a value to you, and you could buy a nice meal or two with the same amount of money each day.

The one thing I know for sure is your going to love the Lodge..
:wizard: Have a MAGICAL TRIP :wizard:

Seana/Julybride :wave:
Thanks, I am so happy your DH has finally seen the MAGIC. Just needed to find the right scenery for him.
More trips already planed...you go girl.
Beckie

* bump until Trekker can add us to the WDW Resort FAQ and Information Threads.

For everyone that saw my post on the first day I have added a few new things at the end of the post...funny. Page 1, 2nd post.

...yo, Adrian (I mean Fred!) ya done good!

Now, all I have to do is wait for a good code to come out so we can 'go home' in Feb!!!

Originally posted by Lambert808
Great job Fred and Beckie!!

We are staying in the 'Woods view' for our trip, and have requested non-smoking and bunkbeds if possible. I don't want to be a pain to the wonderful people at WL, but is there any thing else I should request as our day gets closer? A room or view? It is DH, dd(8yo) and myself- and we have never been to WDW!

Or should we just leave well enough alone? Thanks for any help

....Lambert808, ANY room you get will probably be lovely. The only thing I'd specify is, if you and your family are light sleepers, avoid lobby view/lower-floor rooms. Hope this helps....:sunny:

Originally posted by HughJackman'n'me
....Lambert808, ANY room you get will probably be lovely. The only thing I'd specify is, if you and your family are light sleepers, avoid lobby view/lower-floor rooms. Hope this helps....:sunny:

That does help -thank you! I think we also will be happy with any view. I feel like the less I request, the more everything will be a 'surprise' and I can enjoy whatever we get. And I won't be disappointed if we don't get something :p I am a light sleeper - so I will keep your tip in mind!

Did I mention I am sooooo excited!

Great new installment, Fred! Haven't been around the DIS in a while, and I'm so happy to see my fav thread thriving. Happy planning to all of you who are going to WDW and considering a stay at WL. . .You lucky dogs!

:wave2:

Hi! I'm new- never stayed or visited the WL- and have reservations at the VWL next July. I just wanted to know, can you see "Wishes" from the beach or any other public areas of the WL? I can't wait to get there!!!

Beach? Probably not but here is a tidbit from the first page that tells you where you "can" see wishes.

NORTH WING BUILDING B: Outside is Woodsview and is very quiet and private. We enjoyed it very much and would request it on future trips. We had a good view of Otter Pond, while we never saw any Otter’s there were plenty of Ducks swimming and Rabbits having dinner. The MK fireworks are very plain to see and my estimation is rooms 5012 to 5032 had the same opportunity as well as the same rooms on 4th and 6th floors. Rooms #008 to the end of the building are blocked by two large trees to view MK and to far from Otter Pond to see except a small end of it.

Courtyards views on the inside offer a fantastic view of the pool area and are somewhat noisy until the pool is closed for the day.

NOTE: If you are in the South wing,you canstill view the MK fireworks. Go to the 5th or 6th floor where the two wings meet. pull back the shutters on the big windows. Fastest way to get up it the elevater by RF.

Originally posted by Samsma
Hi! I'm new- never stayed or visited the WL- and have reservations at the VWL next July. I just wanted to know, can you see "Wishes" from the beach or any other public areas of the WL? I can't wait to get there!!!

OK, WL Vets should I request a room or just hope to be "sprinkled with pixie dust"?

I have a Woods view booked. With my original reservation I asked for bunk beds and a view of MK.

Should I just see what happens and if I am not happy ask to be moved or should I request a certain section before we arrive?

I would see what happens but there would be one request I "would" ask for.

For me, I would want to be up as high as possible. I know you requested a view of MK but just to be sure I would ask for a room on the 5th or 6th floor. Just remember that 6th floor is smoking though.

Getting close for you eh!!! You will have a great time. :)

Fred

Originally posted by Tinkerbelle739
OK, WL Vets should I request a room or just hope to be "sprinkled with pixie dust"?

I have a Woods view booked. With my original reservation I asked for bunk beds and a view of MK.

Should I just see what happens and if I am not happy ask to be moved or should I request a certain section before we arrive?

columbus.gif

DAY!

Put your seats and trays in their upright positions!...we are heading in for a BUMPy landing!:headache:

what have people paid in Aug for the diff view rooms?
what kind of discounts may there be? how long can i wait for availability?
what rooms should i try to avoid if i get only a standard room?
I know some rooms look right out directly at a roof! saw this from the front porch I believe on floor 4?

we're staying at VWL in a studio Aug 21-27 but Im thinking of adding on the wknd before at the WL

Congradulations on new thread! I am still new in WL site, but I enjoy it very much. You all WL Vets helped me so much before we took this trip. We just came back from WL last week. I wished I could say that WL experience was great, but we had a bit of not-so great experience there because of Magical Gathering.
Is it something I should share with you here?
Maybe, I did not do enough homework before I went, huh?

Coko - I'd like to know how your experience was - the good, the bad & the ugly - bring it on. :D

Well then! Able to spend the nights at WL was wonderful experience. I stayed at Polynesian before, but WL room was much better, but since we got there right after hurricane Jeane (=sp?) left, floor was a bit wet. Did not bother to let hotel know.

Our Not so great experience occured due to Magical Gathering.
We were party of 14 and booked 5 rooms (1 Jr.Suites +4 rooms).
My Father in-law's majore concern was that all of us being on the same floor and they promissed that there would not be any problem by going through Magical Gathering. Once we got WL, it took Front Desk for a while to locate all of our resarvations. According to Disney, we had to have 3 different resarvations under one Magical Gathering#, however, they still had a hard time locating it. Then, she told us that one room got upgraded somhow and all rooms were in differnt location. 2 were on same floor, but the rest were in totally different area/views. After two hours of figuring out and Front Desk person going into back room for several times, we were able to have 3 rooms on 4th floor facing lake and 2 rooms on 3rd floor facing parking lot. Then, she tells us about Priority Seating @ Chef Mickey to confirm about # of people and time. She said it was 8:30PM for 10 people. I just confirmed that morning that it was 7:30PM for 14 people.... We spent extra miniuets to figure out, but there was no luck.... She told us to go to the restaurant and tell them the situation. I have requested Coffee Maker at each room and a crib in one of rooms, but they never showed up so we had to re-request again. I have requested and re-confirm MK view but Front Desk lady said there is no such MK view because of woods! By the time we figured out the room location, we were very tired of arguing with them (despite of all of Vets beautiful pictures). I brought my rice-cooker. I am an Asian and love to eat rice, so I brought it with me. 3rd day of our stay, I decided to make some rice and it was broken. Bell boy must dropped before he/she brought laggage to the room. MGR of WL showed up our room for apology and everything went well. WL replaced me with brand new rice cooker. My huband and father in-law were able to vent a bit about our not-so greate experience. Next day, we received a fruites basket.... Despite of all experience at WL, realized it was not them at WL could not accommodate our majore needs. (except coffee maker and crib). What a Magical Gathering experience we had, but over all we enjoyed very much staying at WL. We had a great service at Canyon Cafe and kids loved them. We were able to see MK's fire works and Water Pagent every night! Boat ride to MK/Conteporary to Epcot was excellent. Bus ride to MGM was great. Bus driver (Adrian) was very funny. Because of his humor, we did not feel long ride to MGM. Everyone at WL said, "Welcome Home!", that made us feel so special! We had a few not-so great experience, but over all, trip went well and we had another great memory at Disney!
Thank you for letting me share this with you all! Hope I can learn more from you for next WL trip. //Coko

Thank you for sharing! I like to hear the good and not-so-good experiences so that I can be prepared for anything! I'm sorry everything didn't go smoothly for you, but am happy to hear that you had a good time anyway! :sunny:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter