The non-PTR, Pre Trip Report - How many trips can I get out of this AP looks like 1 more! - Updated 5/9

Right as they are not doing them anymore hah!

I’m a bit worried it is the last day of the trip and it may be hard to get everyone up and out, but I figure you can sleep when your dead.

That’s how i justify everything in Disney lolol! I’m like you can sleep when you’re home and there’s no castle to see !

EMM is a good plan, specially since TSL lacks shade you’ll want to be done with the land before it gets too hot.

Count down! 53 Days!

Going to lay out some loose plans, and i say loose because i can guarantee this will not be how my plans actually turn out!

Day 1 - Arrival day!

We have a 2pm flight the morning will be last minute stuff such as Dillon's Dentist appointment, i am sure she is going to be THRILLED with how this day is going to start out! Originally we were flying in the following day early so anything we do this day is sorta a bonus, but maybe not since i had to cut a day on the end of the trip...

We should land around 5, DH is not a fan of the Magical Express so we will pick up our bags and get in our car service (i need to book this!).

We will be heading to the Yacht club, I am still hoping to be able to get a stand room for this night in hopes that we can stay in the same room for the whole trip.

I have two FP for the morning, that are throw away, i hate how you need to do this, because what if someone really wanted the Pixar films FP?

Any way, the goal is to make it to Epcot to activate our AP's and get a TiW card, grab some thing that resembles food and use our FP for:

This FP is from 7:45-8:45 so as long as we aren't delayed we should be able to make it, if not no big deal.

Ideally we would also get a meet in with this ladies. If we catch illuminations fabulous if not its on the plan tomorrow night!

Back to the Yacht Club, bath and bed, if we have to move rooms we wont be unpacking we will have one small back with items for the one night!

Ill post day 2 shortly... But Day 2 i am REALLY hoping for a SW preview... so if i don't post its because i am holding out hope!

I have two FP for the morning, that are throw away, i hate how you need to do this, because what if someone really wanted the Pixar films FP?

I had to do this on one of my Epcot days. It's a silly rule on Disney's part, but I can't imagine anyone had a longer standby wait for short films than if they had the FP I was holding. 😀

have two FP for the morning, that are throw away, i hate how you need to do this, because what if someone really wanted the Pixar films FP?

:rotfl::rotfl:

Your plans sound great for day 1! Especially since you’re so close to Epcot and can just walk there and back- makes for a low stress first day.

Ugh i hope we all find out about SWGE previews soon!!

I had to do this on one of my Epcot days. It's a silly rule on Disney's part, but I can't imagine anyone had a longer standby wait for short films than if they had the FP I was holding. 😀

Right? So annoying... i realized i didn't do this for one of our days, i have 1 FP booked for FoP and nothing else... i may just leave it i don't wan tot risk messing up my FoP!

:rotfl::rotfl:

Your plans sound great for day 1! Especially since you’re so close to Epcot and can just walk there and back- makes for a low stress first day.

Ugh i hope we all find out about SWGE previews soon!!

Thank you! Being so close was way i really wanted to add this day at YC, i knew if we were at a value our chance of going to park were slim, this makes it very possible!

UGH I KNOW JUST GIVE ME INFO!

Day 1 plans sound good!!

Thanks! YAHOO!

Day 1 sounds good! its always fun when you can add a bonus day on to the beginning of the trip!

Here's hoping they announce the previews soon! lol

So I'm still sitting over here waiting on preview news!

At this point i think i have a good chance of the day working, but not a great chance of me getting one. Work has gotten CRAZY busy (so sorry if i am behind on your report, i try to read on my commute if i can, but lately Stranger Things was the priority!!) Anyway with work being so busy i keep missing announcements, and alerts, so hopefully i get lucky and get a preview.. If not well no big deal!

So day 2 and day 3 plans!

Day 2 is a Hollywood Studios day if we get a preview or not. This is the tentative plan if we do not get a preview.

Get up and bring our luggage down to bell services if we need to change rooms, really hoping we don't need to!

We have an 8:35 breakfast at Hollywood and Vine
We have FP for:
Disney Junior Dance Party 10:30 show
Toy Story Mania 11:40-12:40
Beauty and the Beast Show 2pm show.

We would like to do the following in addition to our FP:
Meet Fancy Nancy, in a perfect world they would add her to breakfast before we go, a girl can dream!
Muppet Vision 3D
Meet Mike and Sully
Voyage of the Little Mermaid
Lighting McQueens Racing Academy
Pixar place, Meet Edna Mode (for me!), maybe the dance party
meet BB-8

This is in priority order i think, we will probably need to grab lunch a snack at some point. Depending on weather and everyone's mood we may head back to the hotel after the Beauty and the Beast show. If its nice we will go to the pool/relax in our room if it isn't nice. If its not great weather we may stay in the park.

Tentatively i have the Frozen ever After Desert party booked, we may keep this we may cancel it..... Will depend on the preview and in general how i am feeling about it the week before the trip.

Day 3 Is Animal Kingdom
We have FP for:
Animation experience the 10am class (Dillon LOVES to Draw, and i asked around on the DIS and people said 5 is the youngest but with help could be good)
Festival of the Lion King the 12pm show
Na'vi River Journey 1:55-:255

We have a 12:55 Tusker house, my plan is Lion King 12-12:30 quick bathroom break then lunch. I wanted an 10:50ish time so we could have breakfast and lunch food as everyone raves about doing this, but i couldn't seem to get it to work in our plans.

We will head to AK as soon as we wake up as the have EMH but we wont be rope doping FOP so i am not in a rush, out goals for the day in addition to FP are:
Safari
Affection Section (we have to go here for the animation class anyway)
Nemo Musical we love this last time
Some Wilderness Explorers Badges (can Dillon use the same book as last time??)
Walk some trails (Any Favorites)
Boneyard maybe, Dillon love it last time

If we are still in the park at 4 we will go to the Dino-Riffic Dance Party

Depending on everyone's mood, we may hit up the pool, there are games form 3-5 and then a camp fire at 7:30 and a movie at 9 (assuming the activity calendar doesn't change).

As you can see i am leaving most afternoons open due to the heat, i figure i can always grab more FP, get an ADR etc etc.

Depending on the day may grab an ADR some place for dinner. May head to the hotel for Pool time, maybe do laundry to avoid my family you know all normal vacation options.

Last edited:
Your plans sound great!

The preview watch is getting so intense lol. I honestly feel like registration won’t open until after the CM registration on 7/22 but who knows.

We like the gorilla falls trail next to the safari best plus the baby gorilla Grace is adorable. You can definitely reuse the WE book!

At this point i think i have a good chance of the day working, but not a great chance of me getting one. Work has gotten CRAZY busy (so sorry if i am behind on your report, i try to read on my commute if i can, but lately Stranger Things was the priority!!) Anyway with work being so busy i keep missing announcements, and alerts, so hopefully i get lucky and get a preview.. If not well no big deal!
Good luck! With the cast member previews announced our timeframe to get in is dramatically reduced so not getting our hopes up. Plus like you I am insanely busy at work and I have little faith in my ability to even know about it before its sold out

Animation experience the 10am class (Dillon LOVES to Draw, and i asked around on the DIS and people said 5 is the youngest but with help could be good)
Casey is going to love this too. Though I cannot draw to save my life so it should be amusing to see what I come up with.

If we are still in the park at 4 we will go to the Dino-Riffic Dance Party
Oh this is so much fun. They used to do this a few years ago and it was one of Casey's favorite things. Dillon should love it

Your plans sound great!

The preview watch is getting so intense lol. I honestly feel like registration won’t open until after the CM registration on 7/22 but who knows.

We like the gorilla falls trail next to the safari best plus the baby gorilla Grace is adorable. You can definitely reuse the WE book!

Thank you! Did you get a preview? I was rather surprised they end before we arrive, but whatever!

Ok Gorilla Falls is on the list!

Good luck! With the cast member previews announced our timeframe to get in is dramatically reduced so not getting our hopes up. Plus like you I am insanely busy at work and I have little faith in my ability to even know about it before its sold out

Did you end up getting a preview? I think it falls during your trip? It doesn’t fall during ours, oh well, I did debate moving up my trip and did all my Disney math, but decided to pass. So adult of me!!

Casey is going to love this too. Though I cannot draw to save my life so it should be amusing to see what I come up with.

I am really excited to check it out! Hope it’s good!!

Oh this is so much fun. They used to do this a few years ago and it was one of Casey's favorite things. Dillon should love it

I am excited about it, if we end up being there that late....

Great plans!!
Thank you!

Did you end up getting a preview? I think it falls during your trip? It doesn’t fall during ours, oh well, I did debate moving up my trip and did all my Disney math, but decided to pass. So adult of me!!
We did. I was oblivious to all of the insanity going on because I was stuck in meetings all day, but when I emerged Jason was on the ball and had gotten us in. We're going on the first day.

We did. I was oblivious to all of the insanity going on because I was stuck in meetings all day, but when I emerged Jason was on the ball and had gotten us in. We're going on the first day.
Go Jason!!! Can’t wait to hear about it!

Thank you! Did you get a preview? I was rather surprised they end before we arrive, but whatever!

I got in but the coworker I was supposed to go with and who is linked to my account, wouldn't show up as an option for me to add as a guest and then by the time she got in, we couldn't get the same day. So the August trip is abandoned lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter