The Official 2013 Wine and Dine Half Marathon Thread

Shirts are black, expo is BUSY but probably not as bad as Disneyland sounded, and u need either a credit card number or the party ticket to pick up someone's gift card.

Did I get all the questions?

Also- DH has spent nearly an hour waiting for his $10 gift card. If you aren't planning to come until Saturday, it was MUCH less busy last year on Saturday. Can't say that for certain this year but last year we walked right in to get his gift card.

Does anyone know if the after party tickets are a bracelet or ticket for runners? Also, if we do no run, can we still get in at 7 with the ticket?

Shirts are black, expo is BUSY but probably not as bad as Disneyland sounded, and u need either a credit card number or the party ticket to pick up someone's gift card. Did I get all the questions? Also- DH has spent nearly an hour waiting for his $10 gift card. If you aren't planning to come until Saturday, it was MUCH less busy last year on Saturday. Can't say that for certain this year but last year we walked right in to get his gift card.

Thanks figs!!

So just picked up my bib and am back at the hotel. There is no $10 GC in my bag! So everyone be sure to check your packets at pickup!

Quick question. DH has his party ticket already, apparently we just need to pick up his gift card. Do u need to pick up both the ticket and the gift card? Just so I know what to ask. Headed there now and will report on the crowds! Hopefully not too bad. I was spoiled by light crowds last year since we went late Saturday.

Mine gift card) was in the white envelope

Does anyone know if the after party tickets are a bracelet or ticket for runners? Also, if we do no run, can we still get in at 7 with the ticket?

Wrist bands.... but they require the bib as well - or that is is what I was told.

Hey everybody! Got to the expo as soon as it opened. Lots of bodies but did't feel TOO crowded. Was able to check in early and just relaxing before heading over to Epcot for the concert and meet up Rose&Mike! Anyone see a WISH jacket and bright orange Miami Hurricane shirt, please say hi! See everyone tomorrow night at the globe at 8. Just look for the WISH banner! About 31 hours to showtime!!

Oh and being a South FL girl, I'm wearing compression pants and a ls UA top under my race t. Hahaha! I'll be the one shivering since it won't be 80!

I will be wearing a neon yellow/green shirt with my black/neon yellow Capri pants. I also run with my LED hat (can't see anything in the dark!) and bright yellow socks.

I got moved from corral K to G with my 10K time. DH got moved all the way to D! I will be waaaaay ahead of those balloon ladies;)

We checked in to AKV and our value studio is both a dedicated AND a savanna view!! Woo hoo ! I just made up our pasta salad for tomorrow and we are heading out to the studios tonight for some RnRC, TSMM and Fantasmic. Then dinner at 50's Prime Time.

I'm getting excited...DH is getting nervous... His knee is really bothering him, he thought it was just from all the sitting yesterday, but he says that walking on it is really starting to hurt. He is like me...the knee pain eases up when we start running. He's hoping for the best tomorrow.

I am not sure how tomorrows weather will compare to tonight's but if its similar, it will be great! And I did get into the F corral with my proof of time, which basically means my 10k was not in vain. Which is ALL good bc I'm going to need any buffer I can get.

My inner ankle is bugging the crap out of me tonight, probably bc I stupidly wore my unsupportive sandals instead of my sneakers to Epcot lat night for the whole hour and a half I was there.... Grrrr. Then WAY more walking than I had planned w the expo and around DHS. The only smart thing I did thus far is talk to the chef at mama melrose today about my food allergy. I averted a major disaster that would definitely not have allowed me to race tomorrow. Instead, I had a really yummy bowl of pasta and grilled chicken!

Tomorrow I'm going to sit on my butt all day and say lots of prayers that this pain goes away. I'm already limping. No clue how ill do 13 miles running. What's the deal w taking Aleve? Is it too close to the race? Or is one tonight ok?

I'm going to go ice, massage, and put on my compression socks. Sigh....

The expo was hopping today! I totally forgot to change my corral!

But, we'll be back tomorrow for my daughter's kids race! She's racing in the 200 meter dash! I'm so excited for her!

All I 'bought' at the expo was a wine glass. Can I say that I just love the tech shirt! Squee!

I'm so stinkin' nervous. I don't know what to do with myself.

Just over 24 hours!

We arrived today and upon realizing I left my iPhone5 charger at home, I had some minor panic. Did you know there is nowhere on property that sells them? Grrrrr!

I calmed down once we got through pickup and Expo. I liked some of the merchandise but my cheapness set in and I came away with only 2 Bondi Bands and car magnets. LOVED how they handled the I Did It shirt situation. Even though I balked and didn't buy one.

Had a great evening at Epcot, hit Brazil, Australia, Gemany, Poland, and France for a little food and drink and came back to our room and Jacuzzi tub! Ahhhh! New Zealand will be our first stop after the run tomorrow!

My hip feels great and I'm ready to go! Let's run!

Getting ready to go out on a 7mile run for marathon training.went to universal yesterday so willbe hitting the expo early this morning. Hopefully there will be some merchandise left. Did everyone see the announcement from new balance about the new shoes, lace bling and insoles for next year? How fun! :cool1:

Getting ready to go out on a 7mile run for marathon training.went to universal yesterday so willbe hitting the expo early this morning. Hopefully there will be some merchandise left. Did everyone see the announcement from new balance about the new shoes, lace bling and insoles for next year? How fun! :cool1:

The expo reports are enjoyable. I just want some Dr. Cool bands...mostly a old joints talking.

Good luck Imaginary Friends!

We arrived today and upon realizing I left my iPhone5 charger at home, I had some minor panic. Did you know there is nowhere on property that sells them? Grrrrr! I calmed down once we got through pickup and Expo. I liked some of the merchandise but my cheapness set in and I came away with only 2 Bondi Bands and car magnets. LOVED how they handled the I Did It shirt situation. Even though I balked and didn't buy one. Had a great evening at Epcot, hit Brazil, Australia, Gemany, Poland, and France for a little food and drink and came back to our room and Jacuzzi tub! Ahhhh! New Zealand will be our first stop after the run tomorrow! My hip feels great and I'm ready to go! Let's run!

I am pretty sure they had them at the Fantasia gift shop at the Contemporary last night! Call and check! What resort are you at? We have an iPhone docking station in our room at the Boardwalk villas that you can use.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

We arrived today and upon realizing I left my iPhone5 charger at home, I had some minor panic. Did you know there is nowhere on property that sells them? Grrrrr! I calmed down once we got through pickup and Expo. I liked some of the merchandise but my cheapness set in and I came away with only 2 Bondi Bands and car magnets. LOVED how they handled the I Did It shirt situation. Even though I balked and didn't buy one. Had a great evening at Epcot, hit Brazil, Australia, Gemany, Poland, and France for a little food and drink and came back to our room and Jacuzzi tub! Ahhhh! New Zealand will be our first stop after the run tomorrow! My hip feels great and I'm ready to go! Let's run!

No wait- I think they were iPhone 4 and previous. And of course that is what the dock is for. Sorry!!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Anyone know where we can redeem the drink voucher attached to our bib?

I believe it's for the beer in the finish line area.

Sitting here on my boardwalk balcony waiting for my late breakfast ressie to roll around and trying not to worry about every new ache and pain that is popping up. Now my hammies are mad at me. My ankle feels better but I am definitely feeling the punishment of too much walking yesterday. Live and learn. Definitely wont be tackling disneyland before Tink in January!

So minor PSA for rookies: last year they made us put ON the after party bracelet before letting us into Epcot. This was sort of a pain as my hands were full of water bottle and snack box and I had to dig my bracelet out of my fuel belt and then put everything down as it takes two hands for those things. This year, I think I'm going to just run with it on. Maybe. But at least ill be prepared. Just letting y'all know. Also, if you are picking a meeting spot with spectators inside Epcot, you will have to cross the course to get to anyone who is not standing on the park entrance side of The times board. I found it a bit stressful to do that last year as I just wanted to stretch and use a bathroom and see my DH and standing in a huge tightly packed group of spectators and runners to cross the course wasn't my ideal situation. DH and I are meeting elsewhere this year. (It was easy to find him by the bridge to world showcase tho!)

Good luck to everyone! I'm going to try to make it to the globe at 8 but I'm not sure ill make it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter