*** The Official 2014 - DLR -July Thread ***(We All Have Been There & Back Home)

Anyone going to do the welcome to Disneyland tour? We are going to try it even though we aren't new to the resort. It's been a couple of years since we've been and a lot had changed in that time. It's a relatively cheap tour. I've heard mixed reviews in it, but decided to give it a try as we've done the walk in walts footsteps and my dh & ds did the happy haunts. From what I've read, the tour takes you on some rides, can help you with dining reservations and you get a FP at the end of the tour, often Star Tours. One report said their guide got them bonus FPs for Indy as well. Had anyone already done this tour and have feedback on it?

We are going to DL for the first time this year, so I've been kind of on the fence about the tour.
Would love to hear some reviews, but like you I've heard good and not so good. The price is pretty good :)

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

I'm studying at UCLA for six weeks over the summer, so one of my free half-weeks is dedicated to Disney :D I get there late July 16th and leave on the 20th, so I'm there for Disneyland's birthday! I'm staying at PPI. If anyone has any tips for what to expect on Disneyland's birthday, please let me know!

:welcome: Dis Friend, sounds like you have a very busy summer planned. Thanks for joining our group.. can't answer you question about Disneyland's Birthday.... Someone on this thread will probably post a reply.. Lots of DLR veterans on this thread. Once again, welcome and happy planning...:goodvibes

DH and I will be at DLR to celebrate our 10th anniversary!! (We honeymooned at DL too!) We arrive on 7/16 and leave 7/19. First trip in a long time without kiddos so I am excited!

:welcome:Dis Friend - Happy Anniversary and very glad you joined our July Thread. We all welcome you...:goodvibes - Please - would you be so kind to share your Resort or Hotel name when you finalize your choice? Thanks

We just switched to the Grand Californian! So excited.
7/6 we'll have lunch at Ariel's
7/7 Big Thunder BBQ for lunch
7/8 Storyteller's breakfast.
Thinking we'll be hitting whitewater snacks for breakfast on 7/7.
Probably cs for dinners

Thanks for the update :thumbsup2 I have all of your ADR's and Resort information listed and revised. :cool1:

Hi, we will be arriving on July 4th traveling from New Jersey. It will be my DH, 2 sons 15 & 13 and my parents. They are celebrating their 50th Anniversay and we are celebrating our 20th Anniversary. We are booked in the Grand Californian Villas for the 5-8. Will book the 9th & 10th at one of the hotels if our waitlist doesn't come thru. Need to also book the 4th yet. :confused3 My husband and I have been to Disneyland years ago...it will be the 1st trip for everyone else. Right now our plan is to tour Hollywood and the coast on the 5th, Disneyland on the 6th with lunch at Big Thunder Ranch, San Diego Zoo on the 7th and 8th and 9th California Adventure and Disneyland. On the 10th we head up the coast to spend a few days in San Francisco/Napa area.

Hi, we will be arriving on July 4th traveling from New Jersey. It will be my DH, 2 sons 15 & 13 and my parents. They are celebrating their 50th Anniversay and we are celebrating our 20th Anniversary. We are booked in the Grand Californian Villas for the 5-8. Will book the 9th & 10th at one of the hotels if our waitlist doesn't come thru. Need to also book the 4th yet. :confused3 My husband and I have been to Disneyland years ago...it will be the 1st trip for everyone else. Right now our plan is to tour Hollywood and the coast on the 5th, Disneyland on the 6th with lunch at Big Thunder Ranch, San Diego Zoo on the 7th and 8th and 9th California Adventure and Disneyland. On the 10th we head up the coast to spend a few days in San Francisco/Napa area.

:welcome:July Vacationer's - Glad you and your family joined our July thread... Sounds like you have pretty have an agenda in place... I will add your information to the front pages.. Once again, We welcome you.. :goodvibes

Getting so excited

1. Where are you and your Family traveling from?

Wisconsin

2. How long will your trip to Disneyland Resort take?

After a few days at Del Mar then on to disney so a few hours

3. Is this your first trip to Disneyland Resort?

Yup - for all of us

4. Who are you traveling / vacationing with this time.

Me, DH, dd12, DS10, dd7 and my BFF

Book most of our meals
7-27 dinner/aps at Trader SAMs then on to Dessert at Fantasmic
7-28. Breakfast at Storrytellers, lunch at QS, dinner at Big Thunder
7-29 breakfast QS, lunch Cafe Orleans, dinner at Carthay Circle

Please speak up if you see any glaring omissions from our trip.

Getting so excited

Wisconsin

After a few days at Del Mar then on to disney so a few hours

Yup - for all of us

Me, DH, dd12, DS10, dd7 and my BFF

Book most of our meals
7-27 dinner/aps at Trader SAMs then on to Dessert at Fantasmic
7-28. Breakfast at Storrytellers, lunch at QS, dinner at Big Thunder
7-29 breakfast QS, lunch Cafe Orleans, dinner at Carthay Circle

Please speak up if you see any glaring omissions from our trip.

Thanks - I have all of your information confirmed... Have a great day :goodvibes

Finally was able to book my reservation for the 29th this AM it was my first one so I am soo excited!! We will be doing Café Orleans at 5pm the 29th and when we are done getting us a spot for F! I also got some zip loc bags for our trip to go ahead and put in the suitcase :)

37 more days, but who's counting! :cool1:

New Hampshire

SWA - 8 hours

2nd for us. 1st for DGD.

Myself, DH, DGD (11)

Sydney, Australia by way of UCLA

I'm studying at UCLA for six weeks over the summer, so one of my free half-weeks is dedicated to Disney :D I get there late July 16th and leave on the 20th, so I'm there for Disneyland's birthday! I'm staying at PPI. If anyone has any tips for what to expect on Disneyland's birthday, please let me know!

Yay for my alma mater! UCLA is such a great school to study at. You'll have loads of fun in the So Cal area.

Finally was able to book my reservation for the 29th this AM it was my first one so I am soo excited!! We will be doing Café Orleans at 5pm the 29th and when we are done getting us a spot for F! I also got some zip loc bags for our trip to go ahead and put in the suitcase :)

:cool1: -- I bet you have been patiently :hyper: waiting for your window to open up so you could finally get your ADR's started...I will confirm your Café Orleans..

To All - Midori & I will be out of town this weekend so I am posting the questions tonight..

Have A Great Weekend..... :goodvibes

Questions of the Day – Preparing to leave on vacation

1. Do you need to purchase new suitcases, new totes or travel bags this year?
This year - No
2. Have you started packing?
Yes
3. If you are flying, have you made transportation arrangements to get to the airport and back home?
We are driving now.
4. If you have pets, have you made arrangements?
Yes
5. Do you stop your mail service while on Vacation?
Yes
6. Have you arranged for some to stay at your house or look in on your house? Is your security system up to date and in good working order?
No one arranged to stay or look after our home. Security system is up to date and working fine.
7. Be sure to call your bank and credit card companies, letting them know you are traveling.

8. Be sure to take your health insurance card.

9. If you are leaving your car at the airport, be sure to check your tires, battery and leave an extra set of keys with a relative or close friend.

I need a cross body purse to use in the parks, so I'm in the process of making one. It would be done tonight if I hadn't run out of thread. :-(
I've started to plan in my head, but nothing in bags just yet.
3. If you are flying, have you made transportation arrangements to get to the airport and back home?
We are renting a car at the airport
No pets
No
6. Have you arranged for some to stay at your house or look in on your house? Is your security system up to date and in good working order?
We live next door to Mike's mom (that's a different story altogether!) so she will keep an eye out.

Getting excited!!

1. Do you need to purchase new suitcases, new totes or travel bags this year? I bought a new crossbody bag a couple months ago. We need new luggage but we probably will not get them this year.

2. Have you started packing? No. I can't stand on two legs yet so I can't do much of anything :(
Yes
3. If you are flying, have you made transportation arrangements to get to the airport and back home? Yes, we are using Lansky's to get to our hotel from the airport and back.

4. If you have pets, have you made arrangements? We only have a fish and we have a feeder disc.

5. Do you stop your mail service while on Vacation? No, we don't get enough mail to worry about it.

6. Have you arranged for some to stay at your house or look in on your house? Is your security system up to date and in good working order? It's not something we really have to worry about here.

7. Be sure to call your bank and credit card companies, letting them know you are traveling. We do need to do this since we'll be out of country and card companies tend to freak about that.

8. Be sure to take your health insurance card. Ours won't work ;)

9. If you are leaving your car at the airport, be sure to check your tires, battery and leave an extra set of keys with a relative or close friend.

Talk about Disney dreaming, anybody have any Disney dreams yet?
I had a dream that I forgot about until I saw the White Rabbit posted at DIS last week... In my dream I finally caught up with him.
And then a couple of nights ago I had a dream about being close to the Disney railroad train and spotting Olaf. I was telling my 14DD that he's over there , but when she looked he was gone. And then when Ii turned my head she was off after him but she had turned into a four year old. :) :) :)

Yes, I plan to do a lot of character stalking!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

No

No. We are headed off to Yosemite tomorrow, so I'm packing for that trip. Once I get home, I can concentrate on Disney -though we've been there enough that I don't really need to start pack early.

We are driving.

Yes. We've got two guinea pigs and a betta fish. My parents will come to feed them while we're gone.

No

My parents live nearby. They come to the house everyday when we're on vacation to collect the mail/newspaper/feed the pets, etc.

Well this has been a fun thread to read through. So many Disboarders visiting in July. The Congo Queen family will be there too during week of July 20th. Staying at the DLH and going to spend Wed of that week in a cabana by the pool and top off that day with dinner at Napa Rose. We already have all the luggage we need (won't pack until the day before) and have a housesitter/petsitter all lined up. We'll probably drive down to save some dough. As for purchases, my daughter will probably buy some new mouse ears or Malificent horns with her allowance, and we will get a bag of English Toffee to sweeten up the drive home. Looking forward to refurbed BTMRR as was down when we visited last. Hoping the Alice exterior track fix looks good (has to be better than the awful tarps they've used for last couple of years.) Oh and looking forward to new Frozen intro float for Soundsational parade.

Nope

Not even close. Won't start packing until a couple days before we leave.

Going to drive to the airport and just pay for parking. Not too happy about it, but that is the added expense of flying (and having to drive 2 hours just to get to the airport)

Yes. We have one dog, and she will be at home. My parents will come by and feed/check in on her.

No. My parents will pick up the mail when they come check on the dog.

My parents will do it. We also have great neighbors. We live in a cul-de-sac and are close to everyone in it. They will keep an eye out too. They are better than a security system! (Especially Barbara across the street! hehehe)

Nope! My kiddos have these awesome duffel bags that have their name on them and a Disney character on them. DH and I have plain carry-on rolling suitcases that we use. I have Disney'd them up with some Disney luggage tags.

Yes! I have been throwing things together for months! Mostly the little things like travel sized things, personal fans, re-usable water bottles, glow sticks, etc.

Yes, my friend is driving us and picking us up. We are only 15-20 minutes from the airport.

Yes. We have 3 mini and 1 standard dachshunds. My same friend that is driving us is staying at our house to house sit and take care of the dogs.

Nope. Same friend gets it for me :)

See #4. Yes the security system is fine. It is furry and has 16 legs! LOL! 4 dachshunds make a fabulous security system. :rotfl2:

7. Be sure to call your bank and credit card companies, letting them know you are traveling.
I do that when I take my change jar in to the change counter at the bank.

8. Be sure to take your health insurance card.
They are in my wallet always.

A friend is driving us in our van and will have use of it. It will all be ready for her to use :)

1. Where are you and your family traveling from?

New Braunfels, TX, near San Antonio.

3 hours via Southwest Airlines, plus however long it takes to get from LAX to the Anaheim Hilton.

No. Last trip was 2003. WDW is our "home" resort.

4. Who are you traveling/vacationing with this time?

My wife Rhonda and our 7 yo granddaughter.

5. Are you and your family celebrating a special occasion?

Not really, although our 33rd wedding anniversary is the day before our vacation begins.

Well this has been a fun thread to read through. So many Disboarders visiting in July. The Congo Queen family will be there too during week of July 20th. Staying at the DLH and going to spend Wed of that week in a cabana by the pool and top off that day with dinner at Napa Rose. We already have all the luggage we need (won't pack until the day before) and have a housesitter/petsitter all lined up. We'll probably drive down to save some dough. As for purchases, my daughter will probably buy some new mouse ears or Malificent horns with her allowance, and we will get a bag of English Toffee to sweeten up the drive home. Looking forward to refurbed BTMRR as was down when we visited last. Hoping the Alice exterior track fix looks good (has to be better than the awful tarps they've used for last couple of years.) Oh and looking forward to new Frozen intro float for Soundsational parade.

:welcome:Congo Queen and Family :thanks: for joining our July Super thread.. I am out of town right now and getting on Dis from my phone.. Hope this is getting through alright.

Glad you like reading through the thread... I will update your information on the front page.. I see your start date, do you have an end date for your vacation?

Once again, thanks for join us.. We all welcome you.. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter