*** The Official 2014 - DLR -July Thread ***(We All Have Been There & Back Home)

I need to start my packing list!! Does anyone have any good packing lists that they'd like to share?

Here is the list from the Disneyland site :)

Packing Tips

Packing needn't be another task on your travel to-do list. Print these checklists to mark as you pack your bags.

General Packing List
•Sunscreen
•Hats
•Sunglasses
•Comfortable walking shoes
•Backpack to carry essentials
•Toys
•Family's and friends' mailing addresses
•Postage stamps for postcards and letters
•Digital camera
•Battery, charger and extra memory card for digital camera
•Video camera
•Medications
•Glasses
•Cell phone charger
•Jacket
•Shorts
•Swimwear
•Umbrella (just in case)

Toddler Packing List
•Toys
•Snacks
•Kid's formula sunscreen
•Hats
•Sunglasses
•Comfortable walking shoes
•Jacket
•Extra changes of clothes
•Swimwear

And if age appropriate:
•Diapers
•Bibs
•Formula and related supplies
•Favorite blanket
•Favorite storybook
•Nightlight

I also have glow sticks and bubbles packed for my kids so I don't have to buy them there along with extras they can hand out to other kids, Ziploc bags--some places you can take left overs with you but don't have carriers, I don't do an umbrella but do have ponchos, I also get new toothbrushes, and other toiletries instead of taking ours from home...im trying to remember what else I already have in my suitcases lol...we are doing a beach day so I have beach toys for my kids and their new beach towels and stuff...If I think of anything else Ill let ya know

I over pack every time! We are going for 4 nights and three days in the parks. Half day at the hotel pool when arrive. We drive which doesn't help with the over packing!

Clothes For Kids:
6-7 tops (In case get wet/dirty, etc)
6 shorts/1 jeans
7 socks
7 undies
1 set of pajamas
swim suit and rash guard
shoes (sandals and skechers)
baseball hat
sweatshirts
blanket and lovies
sound machine (has built in nightlight)

Food Items: (will probably change, but a good starter list)
Paper towels
Extra garbage bags
thermos cups for boys
zip lock baggies/glad ware
blueberries/cuties
apples/cinnamon
beef jerky
goldfish
Cliff bars
fruit roll ups
pretzels
gogurt
waters
string cheese
cereal for breakfast?
taffy cookies/dum dums
cracker jacks
s'mores bars
pirate booty

Other:
Stroller
ponchos
mini backpack for snacks
soft cooler
sunscreen
toys for room!!!
Ipads/chargers
Phones/chargers
reservation information
camera/charger
brush/comb for boys
shampoo
nail clippers
tooth brushes/toothpaste
cortizone cream
allergy meds
tylenol/ibuprofen
First Aid Kit
ID/CC/$$
Tickets
My toiletries
My clothes/shoes/sunglasses
Hairdryer/Hair ties
glow sticks!!

I over pack every time! We are going for 4 nights and three days in the parks. Half day at the hotel pool when arrive. We drive which doesn't help with the over packing!

Clothes For Kids:
6-7 tops (In case get wet/dirty, etc)
6 shorts/1 jeans
7 socks
7 undies
:rotfl: Two days ago, I made my family's lists. I put 5 tshirts, 2 shorts, 1 jeans, 5 socks, and 5 underwear - and we're going for three weeks. :rolleyes1 Maybe I'd better re-evaluate...

:rotfl: Two days ago, I made my family's lists. I put 5 tshirts, 2 shorts, 1 jeans, 5 socks, and 5 underwear - and we're going for three weeks. :rolleyes1 Maybe I'd better re-evaluate...

:rotfl2: I told you I over pack! LOL. Maybe I will edit down my list! LOL :lmao:
In my defense, my boys spill a lot, especially the youngest and I always have an extra outfit on hand....

:rotfl: Crystal1313, I suspect that somewhere between your overpacking and my underpacking, there is a happy middle ground of perfect packing :scratchin I guess there is also the big difference between driving vs flying. I'm not planning on taking heavy things like a hairdryer and am just hoping the hotel will have one - or else I will just go on Screamin' multiple times with wet hair to blow dry it :scared1:

:rotfl: Crystal1313, I suspect that somewhere between your overpacking and my underpacking, there is a happy middle ground of perfect packing :scratchin I guess there is also the big difference between driving vs flying. I'm not planning on taking heavy things like a hairdryer and am just hoping the hotel will have one - or else I will just go on Screamin' multiple times with wet hair to blow dry it :scared1:

Oh for sure! If we were flying, I would have a much smaller list! Most hotels I've been to in the Anaheim area have a hair dryer...I just bring mine because it's awesome and gets my super thick hair mostly dry in about 5-7 min compared to others that take longer. (Got to hurry and get to rope drop!)

Has anyone ever had Vonn's deliver groceries to VGC? If so will they deliver an hotel hold alcohol? Another thread wasn't sure they could.

We are getting Von's for our trip at the end of July at GCH. I've read that you can have alcohol delivered by Von's, but you MUST be there to sign for it when delivered :)

Got together with a friend and her boys this morning for a little playdate and they brought Sebastian a present since we won't be home to throw a party this year. They brought us this book along with some birthday money. It's awesome with tons of activities to do at each ride with things to look for, questions to answer, and scavenger hunts! It covers both parks and is a 2014 edition.

lotstodoinline_lo_res_rgb.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/Lots-To-Do-Line-Disneyland/dp/1937011372

Looks like there are also apps. (ETA: Boo! The app is just for the WDW version :( )

http://www.lotstodoinline.com/index.php

:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:
:yay::yay::yay:

Just finished work for 3 weeks :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:
We leave on Sunday for New York & we get to Disneyland in 6 days :dance3:

I can't believe in 1 week we will be celebrating July 4th in Disneyland, I'm so happy I could burst pixiedust:

Wishing all of y'all wonderful Julyers a magical, merry, and joyful time at the Happiest Place on Earth!!!!!!
It's just around the corner!!!!!

[happy ferret dance]

Ugh, I got like a whole month to go.
Are we there yet? :)

One week from now at this time we will be eating dinner at Naples!! Hoping to catch the fireworks from somewhere on property! :smickey::cool1::cheer2::cool1:

Less than a week to go :hyper:

Disappointing isn't it though that World of Color only seems to be one show a night now - and RSR has reconnected its FastPass. Means I need to rethink plans. Well, the vague semblance of plans that I did have.

Thanks for the heads up on that "Lots to Do in Line" app - and yes they do have it for Disneyland - and there's a free Lite version in the iTunes store to try out too (before you spend the $$ on the full version which is kind of pricey for an app). Will be fun to try out - thanks so much for the info :)

Got together with a friend and her boys this morning for a little playdate and they brought Sebastian a present since we won't be home to throw a party this year. They brought us this book along with some birthday money. It's awesome with tons of activities to do at each ride with things to look for, questions to answer, and scavenger hunts! It covers both parks and is a 2014 edition.

lotstodoinline_lo_res_rgb.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/Lots-To-Do-Line-Disneyland/dp/1937011372

Looks like there are also apps. (ETA: Boo! The app is just for the WDW version :( )

http://www.lotstodoinline.com/index.php

What a great birthday gift!

Ugh, I got like a whole month to go.
Are we there yet? :)

I feel the same way about how long we have to wait! Although I still have to make 4 autograph books, at least 14 t-shirts (including messy tie-dyes), and coordinate the packing for 4 kids spread between two different households, plus get my stuff together. I'm a bit of a procrastinator. :rolleyes1

Last year before our 8 day WDW trip, I spent months making 32 shirts, 3 autograph books, and 3 welcome basket surprises. I also pre-packed a ton of other "stuff." Then I ended up having to take my nephew to the doctor the day we were leaving, so I literally had less than 30 minutes to gather and pack all my actual clothes, shoes, and toiletries. I managed to grab everything I needed, but I do NOT recommend it!! That was too much procrastinating even by my standards. :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter