***The Official AKV Owners And Lovers Thread***. Come And Chat

Somewhere, someone gave me tips on requesting a deluxe studio savannah view close to the elevator and with a good view of Giraffes. They said to ask for a certain section rather than just near the elevator. Appreciate your help!

I'm sure I've read this, but can't find it -- how many 2 bedroom villas are in Jambo and in Kidani? Do both have options on lower floors? (tried the tool at Touring Plans, but didn't see a 2 bedroom villa listing other than club in Jambo).

I'm sure I've read this, but can't find it -- how many 2 bedroom villas are in Jambo and in Kidani? Do both have options on lower floors? (tried the tool at Touring Plans, but didn't see a 2 bedroom villa listing other than club in Jambo).

Here are the stats on AKV from the Resource Center that is located at the top of the threads on all the DVC boards:

"AKV - 46 Dedicated Studios - 0 Dedicated 1BR villas - 140 Dedicated 2BR villas - 250 Lockoffs - 22 GVs. 134 villas within Jambo House at AKL (46 Dedicated Studios, 82 Lockoff 2BRs, 6 GVs) and 324 villas in Kidani Village (140 Dedicated 2BRs, 168 Lockoff 2BRs, 16 GVs) for a total of 458 Villas / 708 Max. Available"

Jambo rooms are all lock-offs as you see and all on the 5th floor.

Kidani has both dedicated and lock-off 2BRs. Technically the lowest floor there is the second floor as the "underground" parking is actually ground level.

Here are the stats on AKV from the Resource Center that is located at the top of the threads on all the DVC boards:

"AKV - 46 Dedicated Studios - 0 Dedicated 1BR villas - 140 Dedicated 2BR villas - 250 Lockoffs - 22 GVs. 134 villas within Jambo House at AKL (46 Dedicated Studios, 82 Lockoff 2BRs, 6 GVs) and 324 villas in Kidani Village (140 Dedicated 2BRs, 168 Lockoff 2BRs, 16 GVs) for a total of 458 Villas / 708 Max. Available"

Jambo rooms are all lock-offs as you see and all on the 5th floor.

Kidani has both dedicated and lock-off 2BRs. Technically the lowest floor there is the second floor as the "underground" parking is actually ground level.

What does that mean "lock off"? We have a 1BR booked at Jambo.......

From the "Home Resort Rules & Regulations":
Some two-bedroom Vacation Homes at the DVC Resorts have a "lock-off" capability. Two-bedroom lock-off Vacation Homes have two doors between the second bedroom and the rest of the Vacation Home. These doors can be closed and locked independently, creating separate "studio" and "one bedroom" Vacation Homes. The studio typically features a kitchenette and a private porch. Two-bedroom lock-off Vacation Homes and dedicated two-bedroom Vacation Homes have the same Vacation Point reservation values. Home Resort Vacation Point reservation values for studios and one-bedroom Vacation Homes are shown on the Vacation Points Chart.

Just that you'll have a connecting door in your villa to a studio. Each side has it's own locking door so you have complete control over it being locked. At Jambo if I recall correctly the connecting door is usually located just as you come into your villa.

Some people like Jambo over Kadani. We stayed at Jambo for the Concierge use. But, personally, I prefer the dedicated 2 bedrooms. It's more homey and bigger kitchen, table, etc.

Also, one more bathroom, I think?

If I won't be arriving until around 9pm on my check-in night at Kidani will there still be people at the front desk or will I have to go to Jambo to check-In?

You will check in at Kidani. It is staffed 24 hours.

If sent magic bands in advance, don't they give you the option of texting you when your room is ready, so you can bypass check-in all together and head straight to the room?

If sent magic bands in advance, don't they give you the option of texting you when your room is ready, so you can bypass check-in all together and head straight to the room?

Yes and the person who wasn't there could be left on the reservation if you had the occupancy and heading straight to the room was that important but it's easy to get a band at the front desk and I'd recommend that vs trying to use someone else's band.

These little piggies will be cute to see when they get out on the savanna! From the Disney Parks Blog -

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...are-born-at-disneys-animal-kingdom-lodge/?dpb

bgart857986471.jpeg

You cannot make location requests with value rooms; it is luck of the draw. There are no DVC rooms at Jambo facing the front of the building where the bus station is so you do not have the risk. See this map http://www.parkinfo2go.com/dvc-akv/floor5-large.html. The value rooms are the ones in color on the Ostrich and Giraffe Trails. Only two of the 2BR lock-offs face the front of the building/parking lot and they are in an area where you do not have any loud noises going on, and between them and the parking lot are many trees and bushes essentially blocking any real view of the parking lot. Half the rest of the rooms face the Sunset Savanna and half the pool; getting savanna view is a plus but, again, you cannot make a location request.
So if I am looking at this correctly, the value rooms are all pretty close to the lobby? Are there any animals on the ostrich or giraffe trails?

Of course it depends on availability, but we are trying to figure out what kind of 2BR we want. I don't have enough points for savanna view, so that's not an option. Now the choice is Kidani or Jambo. I want to be close to the lobby, no matter which side we choose. I like the idea of 3 bathrooms at Kidani, but on the other hand I like having so many more amenities at Jambo. There will only be 4 of us, but we need 3 sleeping rooms since it will be me & DH, DS (19) and DS's girlfriend (for a few of our nights) - and they are NOT sharing a room.

So if I am looking at this correctly, the value rooms are all pretty close to the lobby? Are there any animals on the ostrich or giraffe trails?

Of course it depends on availability, but we are trying to figure out what kind of 2BR we want. I don't have enough points for savanna view, so that's not an option. Now the choice is Kidani or Jambo. I want to be close to the lobby, no matter which side we choose. I like the idea of 3 bathrooms at Kidani, but on the other hand I like having so many more amenities at Jambo. There will only be 4 of us, but we need 3 sleeping rooms since it will be me & DH, DS (19) and DS's girlfriend (for a few of our nights) - and they are NOT sharing a room.

There are no animals along Giraffe Trail; value rooms there overlook the pool. The value rooms on Ostrich Trail, other than the two 2BR lock-offs that face the parking lot, face the southern end of Sunset Savanna and you do see animals, although it is often only a limited number that show up at that end of the savanna when they show up at all.

All 2BRs at Jambo are lock-offs and thus all value 2BRs are a combination of a studio and 1BR. Be aware in making plans that the value studios (and thus the 2BRs) tend to book full year round close to 11 months out and about 60% of that time is at exactly 8 a.m. eastern at 11 months out (including essentially all of the time between late Sep and marathon weekend in Jan).

If you are able to go standard view rather than value, Jambo has a lot of standard 2BR lock-offs that were converted from savanna view, see this map: http://i.imgur.com/G2qaSva.png One possible request you can make to have a decent chance of getting a standard with a savanna view is to ask for a room along Kudo Trail (the left side of the U-shaped building because all standards along that trail are those converted from savanna view and thus have a savanna view (just not ideal ones). Also be aware that the desire to be close to the lobby at Jambo is one you should abandon if you want a standard room at Jambo that is converted from savanna view; the views from rooms close to lobby are the ones with not so good savanna views even if you have a savanna view room.

There are also standard rooms at Kidani that were converted from savanna view and have a Pembe Savanna view. To possibly get one of those if booking standard, request near the Pumba elevator. However, be aware that the standards that were converted and have a savanna view are far from the lobby, including anything near the Pumba elevator.

thanks for the info it helps a lot.
I am not really concerned about having an animal view, I was just curious about the view from the values on the different trails. I have enough points for a standard view; so if I can't get a value it's not a problem. Saving 30 points would be nice though :

There are no animals along Giraffe Trail; value rooms there overlook the pool. The value rooms on Ostrich Trail, other than the two 2BR lock-offs that face the parking lot, face the southern end of Sunset Savanna and you do see animals, although it is often only a limited number that show up at that end of the savanna when they show up at all........

Is there such a thing as close to the lobby or elevator but good savanah view in a studio at Kadani? If so, what do I ask for ? Thank you!

Any advice for traveling with a toddler at Kidani? He's too big for a pack & play, but is still in a crib at home. Do full size cribs exist? Also, any advice on diaper trash? Is there a way to take out our own trash daily?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter