• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The Official April 2010 car rental thread

Ok so left MA last ni8ght at 4 pm. We ended up going rte 90-84-81-77-26.( we are on 26 now) It was windy and we hit a patch in Maryland/Penn border where the 3 lane highway had only 2 lanes plowed, but so far so good. We are in South Carolina about an hour from the Georgia border. We are doing great time. ETA ia 1:08 pm according to our GPS. we shall see. Gas is great down here just filled up the van for $2.38 a gallon. Boy that was nice :) Will be checking in...if anyone has any questions. Thank you everyone

o.k. I switched to a midsize so what kind of cars should I expect? My husband says the G5 is really small and only in Canada so I hope that really isn't one of the choices. Anyone get a midsize with Alamo before what kind was it? Thanks

Last year, I went with Budget (never again), but in 2008 we got a Malibu in the mid-size car lot. There was plenty of room for the 4 of us. I had concerns about the luggage not fitting and it fit just fine in the trunk. Worse case senserio, throw a suitcase between the two kids in the back seat. It is only to and from the airport that they may possibly be squished, they will survive the 30 min drive.

We are looking for a mini van 4/16 pick up @ MCO - 4/27 drop off MCO

or

4/18 pick up Dolphin and 4/27 drop off MCO

I can't find anything less than 600 ish.

anyone have any codes I should try or maybe some pixie dust? :wizard:

That seems about the rate for then.

Boy, rates for my 4/13-21 trip just jumped. So glad I locked in a ressie last weekend. I would be spending $100 bucks more!

:eek: Where is the pulling my hair out icon? Mini vans for my in-laws aren't cheap! :laughing:

(Just had to share with peeps that understand)

You may now return to you previous activity.

8 days from Tampa International to Orlando International the third week of June.

Alamo- picked up the flyer in BJs yesterday. It offered an ID # and coupon code (one free day). 186.20, total 240.72 for a midsize. It is a 50.00 difference than my earlier quote so we will hold it now unless I can get something cheaper.

Budget is still sky high and Dollar has a one way fee. Avis is also still over 350.00.

I'm still looking for a cheap minivan for 3/21-3/27. Right now I have a full size car for $194 inclusive (Costco coupon). Last time we traveled I managed to get a minivan for $24/day. Keep hoping I might get that lucky again!

Just wanted to post that my March 6-12 National rental car reservation FINALLY dropped this evening. I'm paying $103 (Total $152) for one week rental for full size (Exec. Aisle). I didn't think the price would ever drop.

Used the old favorites: 5007160 and ND1881JDK ($40)

Now if my April 24-May 7 reservation would budge. I think I have a long wait for that one!

I'm still looking for a cheap minivan for 3/21-3/27. Right now I have a full size car for $194 inclusive (Costco coupon). Last time we traveled I managed to get a minivan for $24/day. Keep hoping I might get that lucky again!

Try Budget using BCD x474200 also Hotwire has some good prices.

Best of luck.

I just got a hotwire e-mail this morning. It has some great prices... no codes just great prices on their web-site for March and April. :)

We had the same experience with Budget at MCO -- never again!

Quote:[/QUOTE]
Originally Posted by Our2Girls&Disney
I had $194 with National., which is not bad. I love National, but Alamo is not bad because of the kiosk. Last year we went with Budget and we waited in a huge line for over an hour. DH told me to not be so cheap and stay with Alamo or National. This year, I'm only watching Alamo and National. [/QUOTE]

Uh-oh.....Is it still this bad if you have the Fast Break? This will be our first time using Budget, and we will be applying online for Fast break, hoping to avoid those crazy long lines we usually see at MCO

I just got a hotwire e-mail this morning. It has some great prices... no codes just great prices on their web-site for March and April. :)

When using Hotwire, when do you find out the rental company? Once you book and pay? TIA

good deal with hotwire, booked a mid size which is a mazda 6 for 115 with tax from hertz. april 11th to 18th

Thank you to all who post! Just got Alamo full size 4/27-5/3 for $149.39 using costco and $30 coupon codes.

[/QUOTE]

Uh-oh.....Is it still this bad if you have the Fast Break? This will be our first time using Budget, and we will be applying online for Fast break, hoping to avoid those crazy long lines we usually see at MCO[/QUOTE]

The line was INSANE. I mean there was one clerk and bunch of people. It was over an hour in line and DH went right to the Budget counter from deplaning, the girls and I got the luggage. I did not use fast break because I got the deal through priceline. I think that I would consider using them again only if I had fast break.

Alamo just dropped for our midsize pick up at MCO on 3/30 and drop off at PBI on 4/6......was over $500, now $335 with costco membership and coupon. Still higher than I've ever paid for a rental.....will keep checking!

Originally Posted by Our2Girls&Disney
I had $194 with National., which is not bad. I love National, but Alamo is not bad because of the kiosk. Last year we went with Budget and we waited in a huge line for over an hour. DH told me to not be so cheap and stay with Alamo or National. This year, I'm only watching Alamo and National. [/QUOTE]

Uh-oh.....Is it still this bad if you have the Fast Break? This will be our first time using Budget, and we will be applying online for Fast break, hoping to avoid those crazy long lines we usually see at MCO[/QUOTE]

Just be aware that with Budget and Fastbreak, you still have to get in the Fastbreak line the 1st time you use it. I called Budget yesterday and was told that until they have an imprint of your credit card on file, you can not use their kiosk. That kind of defeats Fastbreak for me!

Ok, question: I have 2 car rentals at the moment (one with Budget, one with Avis). They are within $10 of each other (full size rental for 7 days for $190 approx). Am I better off with Avis? I don't want to spend hours in line getting the car. (Unfortunately Costco doesn't offer National coupons, loved National the last time we went).

Ok, question: I have 2 car rentals at the moment (one with Budget, one with Avis). They are within $10 of each other (full size rental for 7 days for $190 approx). Am I better off with Avis? I don't want to spend hours in line getting the car. (Unfortunately Costco doesn't offer National coupons, loved National the last time we went).

I think they are owned by the same company. We used Avis recently and did not have great customer service. We had a dead battery and had to wait over 2 hours for Avis Roadside Assistance. There were also errors in our bill which had to be worked out. Based on that, if it were me, I would try Budget. Hopefully, they are operated separately from Avis.

Just wanted to post that my March 6-12 National rental car reservation FINALLY dropped this evening. I'm paying $103 (Total $152) for one week rental for full size (Exec. Aisle). I didn't think the price would ever drop.

Used the old favorites: 5007160 and ND1881JDK ($40)

Now if my April 24-May 7 reservation would budge. I think I have a long wait for that one!

these codes are working, but does anyone know what they are and if I will need to present proof - thanks so much!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter