• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

*** The Official August 2019 thread ***

All this discussion of websites and making ADRs makes me wonder... What do you guys use to decide which days to be in which parks? Do you have a method? Swear by previous advice (like avoiding MK on Saturdays), follow or avoid the EMH schedule, seek out a website or 2??

I'm deep into the planning of it all, leading up to making the ADRs, (and loving every second) so I'm just curious how everyone approaches it. :)

Depends what the goals of trip will be - my kids are a bit older, so we don't do morning EMH as much any more - for our Feb trip, since Epcot always closes at 9pm but MK sometimes closes at 11pm, we're doing the HEA dessert party on the 11pm close, so we'll have dessert, see the fireworks, then spend more park time . For August, we're hoping for the MM night on 8/8 at AK and have the DIS party on 8/10 at AK, so 8/9 will be a water park day, 8/10 will probably be an Epcot afternoon, and then MK on Sunday before we go home Monday.... unless the 9th or 11th has DAH at MK. Will probably skip HS or go in the evening on 8/9. I've promised DH no daytime parks for this trip...

I either go to EMH in the morning or don't go to an EMH morning park in the morning. We try to avoid MK on holidays (President's Day in our Feb trip).

Right now, Storybook for dinner on 8/9, Tony's Parade Package on 8/11, maybe a late lunch/early dinner at Epcot on 8/10.

Since i last posted my best friend and her baby who will be 18 months have decided to join us. My friend has been to Disneyland a million times and to Disneyland Paris and went to just Magic Kingdom when she was little but doesn't really remember it much. I am so excited to be traveling with another Disney fan but one who will be experiencing the World for the first time.

Anyway we worked out our very tentative plans tonight, Lots of Character meals for the kiddos.

Monday 8/19 - arrive at MCO around 4pm and pool/resort day
Tuesday 8/20 - DHS in the morning/afternoon, MK around 4pm for MNSSHP, dinner at Liberty Tree
Wednesday 8/21 - Animal Kingdom, Dinner at Tusker House
Thursday 8/22 - Epcot, Breakfast at Ohana
Friday 8/23 - MK in morning/afternoon, DHS for Evening, Breakfast at Chef Mickey's, Dinner at Hollywood and Vine (Fantasmic Package)
Saturday 8/24 - AK in morning/afternoon, Epcot afternoon/evening, Garden Grill for Dinner
Sunday 8/25 - Open Day with no park plans or meal plans yet
Monday 8/26 - MK, Dinner at Be Our Guest
Tuesday 8/27 - Disney Springs and resort day before we leave for an evening flight

It was between the beach and Disney. 7th year in a row! Aug 4th - 10th ASMu

Congrats. You have been added to the Roll Call . . . and in case no one has told you, 7 years in a row sounds a bit like an addiction . . . this will be our 12th. First time we went, I told the wife and kids it would be a once in a lifetime trip lol.

Since i last posted my best friend and her baby who will be 18 months have decided to join us. My friend has been to Disneyland a million times and to Disneyland Paris and went to just Magic Kingdom when she was little but doesn't really remember it much. I am so excited to be traveling with another Disney fan but one who will be experiencing the World for the first time.

Anyway we worked out our very tentative plans tonight, Lots of Character meals for the kiddos.

Monday 8/19 - arrive at MCO around 4pm and pool/resort day
Tuesday 8/20 - DHS in the morning/afternoon, MK around 4pm for MNSSHP, dinner at Liberty Tree
Wednesday 8/21 - Animal Kingdom, Dinner at Tusker House
Thursday 8/22 - Epcot, Breakfast at Ohana
Friday 8/23 - MK in morning/afternoon, DHS for Evening, Breakfast at Chef Mickey's, Dinner at Hollywood and Vine (Fantasmic Package)
Saturday 8/24 - AK in morning/afternoon, Epcot afternoon/evening, Garden Grill for Dinner
Sunday 8/25 - Open Day with no park plans or meal plans yet
Monday 8/26 - MK, Dinner at Be Our Guest
Tuesday 8/27 - Disney Springs and resort day before we leave for an evening flight

If the 18 month old will sleep in the Florida heat in a stroller, your plans will be fine. Not all kids will sleep well in that heat, so there is a possibility that the little one will need some air conditioned nap time. That DHS / MNSSHP day, and Chef Mickey's / MK / DHS / Fantasmic day might prove challenging.

I was able to book all the meals I wanted at the times I wanted for the 180 +10 days. No problems with the website or the app. I used both to book the meals. Unsurprisingly, Ohana and Snow White meal had the least availability in the first few days of my trip.

Does anyone know about Beaches and Cream refurbishment? I heard it will be closed in August. I wanted to book it because we are at the YC the first part of our trip.

Does anyone know about Beaches and Cream refurbishment? I heard it will be closed in August. I wanted to book it because we are at the YC the first part of our trip.

This news really bummed me out the other day. This was going to be our first night dinner on the 16th :( . Hoping the refurb starts later than expected. If anyone is able to book any August ADRs for it keep us updated.

Congrats. You have been added to the Roll Call . . . and in case no one has told you, 7 years in a row sounds a bit like an addiction . . . this will be our 12th. First time we went, I told the wife and kids it would be a once in a lifetime trip lol.

If the 18 month old will sleep in the Florida heat in a stroller, your plans will be fine. Not all kids will sleep well in that heat, so there is a possibility that the little one will need some air conditioned nap time. That DHS / MNSSHP day, and Chef Mickey's / MK / DHS / Fantasmic day might prove challenging.

Yeah the plans are mainly for me and my 11yo son. My friend and baby will join as she is able. She is planning to go back to the hotel in the afternoons everyday. When i went with my son when he was almost 2 we had to take afternoon breaks at the hotel everyday.

I usually plan my ADRs for lunch but since baby will be there we chose to do breakfast and dinner ADRs.

Yeah the plans are mainly for me and my 11yo son. My friend and baby will join as she is able. She is planning to go back to the hotel in the afternoons everyday. When i went with my son when he was almost 2 we had to take afternoon breaks at the hotel everyday.

I usually plan my ADRs for lunch but since baby will be there we chose to do breakfast and dinner ADRs.
Perfect then. I often do breakfast, and / or dinner ADR's, and go with counter service for lunch. I like that long sit down, rest / cool off / recharge your batteries (figuratively, and literally as in cell phone) meal for dinner :)

Hi, I'm on the FB page often, but haven't been on this thread. So here it is.

DaniMoon - 8/17-26 AS Sports

Anyone doing Universal? We will be at Universal 8/13-17 --- waiting on their promotions. Disney has me spoiled with releasing their FD already, I want to see if I can get a ticket promo at Universal.

Anyone doing Universal? We will be at Universal 8/13-17 --- waiting on their promotions. Disney has me spoiled with releasing their FD already, I want to see if I can get a ticket promo at Universal.

We're going to Universal before Disney
Universal 7/29 - 8/3
Disney 8/3-8/17

We have Universal AP's that expire August 8th. We're hoping to spend a few days there before heading to Disney. Last year we stayed at Cabana Bay and Hardrock. We really loved Cabana Bay, so we'll probably there again. But I've been looking at the Endless Summer resort which opens end of July I think? It's always nice to stay at a brand new resort, especially when it's fairly cheap.

Hello fellow disers. I am hopping over here from the September 2019 thread. We are scheduled for Sept 14th-21st right now but something came up at hubby's work and he can't get off that whole week so we are probably changing it to August 3rd through the 10th. I'm waiting to hear from my TA to make sure we can change it. I'm going to go ahead and read through the posts on here just in case to see who else will be there. I'll come back and verify our dates are changed when its official.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter