*** The Official August 2019 thread ***

So how did you do? Did you get what you wanted?
I hope it went well for you!!

Not too bad! Couldn’t get SDD at any time for 60+3, so I adjusted some things on the fly to get it later in the week. We have a PH this time, so we’re going to hit MK in the morning then go over to SDD in the afternoon. I do wish we could do FP at more than one park for that day, but we’ll just see what we can manage on the fly :cool1:

Anybody have any predictions about how crowded it might be? With all the special deals for Florida residents and such, does it seem like numbers might be down? (Fingers crossed!)

My guess is with Galaxy's Edge opening at the end of August a lot of people will be waiting to visit after it opens. I think that all of the discounts that have been offered for this summer support that, and we are likely to see lower than normal crowd levels this summer.

We booked last month August 2 BWI first time at BWI. Can’t wait!!!

If you would like to be added to the Roll Call, give me your dates and I'll be happy to update it.

Anybody have any predictions about how crowded it might be? With all the special deals for Florida residents and such, does it seem like numbers might be down? (Fingers crossed!)
I don’t know. It’s hard to tell. We go every August and we found it easier to get SDMT fp’s, but it was harder to get Flights of Passage and Slinky Dog fp’s in comparison to last year.

SO excited for FP day next Thursday!! Our park days are pretty set in stone because of ADRs but I think we will be in good shape to get FOP on 60+3 hopefully. We're doing EMM at HS on our first day so Im not going to bother with trying to FP for SDD. How has everyone been doing with getting FP?

My guess is with Galaxy's Edge opening at the end of August a lot of people will be waiting to visit after it opens. I think that all of the discounts that have been offered for this summer support that, and we are likely to see lower than normal crowd levels this summer.

If you would like to be added to the Roll Call, give me your dates and I'll be happy to update it.

August 2-6

Thank you!!!

SO excited for FP day next Thursday!! Our park days are pretty set in stone because of ADRs but I think we will be in good shape to get FOP on 60+3 hopefully. We're doing EMM at HS on our first day so Im not going to bother with trying to FP for SDD. How has everyone been doing with getting FP?

Our fP day was 6/3. Our ak day was originally the first day for this trip but since we couldn’t get FOP I moved it to 60+2 and decided to switch our ask day with Epcot. We got fP for 4 for fop at 2:55. We’ve never been able to get a fP even on 60+5 so we’re happy. Now we don’t have to rope drop fop or wait till park close. We were able to get all the fP we wanted for MK and EP no issues. All for party of 4.

Our fP day was 6/3. Our ak day was originally the first day for this trip but since we couldn’t get FOP I moved it to 60+2 and decided to switch our ask day with Epcot. We got fP for 4 for fop at 2:55. We’ve never been able to get a fP even on 60+5 so we’re happy. Now we don’t have to rope drop fop or wait till park close. We were able to get all the fP we wanted for MK and EP no issues. All for party of 4.

Thats great! My only concern is FOP. Epcot we have PPO breakfast at GG so we are hopping over to Soarin after that. MK is 60+2 so I just need to plan strategically for a few must do rides but we are planning to do EMM there later in our stay. SO EXCITED!!!!!!

I so appreciate everyone posting their FP+ results. I'm getting more excited by the day. My FP+ date isn't until 6/21, so I'll be interested in keeping an eye here the closer we get.

One can only hope!! I found ARD's and fastpasses easy to get. We have friends that go regularly and they were very surprised I was able to pretty much get everything I wanted when I wanted it.

FP day is tomorrow and I still haven't decided if I want SDD or TSM. Kids would do SDD (twice with our bands) or all 4 if us would do TSM. Leaning towards TSM...

FP day is tomorrow and I still haven't decided if I want SDD or TSM. Kids would do SDD (twice with our bands) or all 4 if us would do TSM. Leaning towards TSM...

I would not waste a FP on TSM over SDD tbh. Are you rope dropping DHS? Consider the fact TSM is a walk on at that time in the AM because the hordes are beelining for SDD. My FP day is also tomorrow and I’m prioritizing SDD for that reason. I am solo this trip though so I don’t have anyone else to think about.

I would go for the SDD FP+. I would also make my FIRST FP+ of the day at either 9:30, or even 10:00, which would allow time to go ride TSMM standby at rope drop, while everyone else is making a mad dash to SDD, thus getting the best of both worlds.

Agree with above, book SDD.

Our family of 5 prebooked SDD on both days. On our RD day, we did AS2 and TSMM standby first thing and were done both before 9:30. On our late arrival day, we were able to refresh into TSMM after using our SDD FPs. TSMM is also an easy walk on late in the day if you're skipping Fantasmic.

If anything, if you have to wait for TSMM, a majority of the wait is inside - compared to SDD which is completely outside so even if you have to wait awhile, it's a nice break from the heat. We did it in the afternoon last year, figured why not wait and it was a nice break

Ok, so more details on my TSM and SDD dilemma - we are not rope dropping at all this trip. My DH only agreed to August because we're only doing evenings and late nights. Plan is to get to HS around 3pm-ish (because we're going to be up probably til 2am with the DIS Party), Frozen, FP something TS, FP RR, and FP Fantasmic. Doing frozen, Mama Melrose dinner (not doing the package - too much $$, we save a lot ordering off the menu), then heading to the DIS Party after Fantasmic (we're renting a car).

Kids did SDD in Feb and will do it again in November. I've ridden it before and it's not my favorite & DH won't ride it at all. They both like SDD but like RR better.

If anything, if you have to wait for TSMM, a majority of the wait is inside - compared to SDD which is completely outside so even if you have to wait awhile, it's a nice break from the heat. We did it in the afternoon last year, figured why not wait and it was a nice break

Only going to be there a few hours... and if the wait is more than 20 minutes... we don't do it :D

Ok, so more details on my TSM and SDD dilemma - we are not rope dropping at all this trip. My DH only agreed to August because we're only doing evenings and late nights. Plan is to get to HS around 3pm-ish (because we're going to be up probably til 2am with the DIS Party), Frozen, FP something TS, FP RR, and FP Fantasmic. Doing frozen, Mama Melrose dinner (not doing the package - too much $$, we save a lot ordering off the menu), then heading to the DIS Party after Fantasmic (we're renting a car).

Kids did SDD in Feb and will do it again in November. I've ridden it before and it's not my favorite & DH won't ride it at all. They both like SDD but like RR better.

SDD is really only reasonable in standby during rope drop or if you get in line during Fantasmic/at the end of the night. Since both those options seem to be off the table for you, and you don’t seem as enthused for it anyway, do TSM?

Successful morning! Got everything we wanted. Had SDD without a problem, but DH said he wanted to do TSM (and the kids get RnR plus FOP later that night at the party), so TSM it is! Didn't check for FOP or AK until after I did my other days, so I'm not sure how availability is right now for it - I didn't see it at all on 60+2 but wasn't expecting it. Plenty of FEA, Soarin, Test Track, 7D, etc. SDD was limited to 5pm and later.

Successful morning! Got everything we wanted.

Glad to hear it worked out for you.

We did ours this morning, and it went quite well also. We aren't visiting Hollywood Studios, so no worries about SDD, or TSMM. Since we are going to EMM at MK, we didn't worry about getting 7DMT FP, we will get our fill of it that morning. We have 4 days at MD, 4 days at Epcot, and 2 days at AK. We were able to get FoP for both of our AK days, and plan on doing NRJ at Rope Drop both mornings, in Epcot we got Soarin', Test Track (2 days), and Frozen Ever After, and in MK we have Pirates, Jungle Cruise, Splash, Big Thunder, Tomorrowland Speedway, Haunted Mansion, and Buzz Lightyear. The other stuff in Fantasyland we figure we will either do during EMM, grab as 4th+ FP during the afternoon, or just catch it when the line is short.

Pretty much, we got exactly what we wanted, at the times we wanted it, so most days we are done with our FP+ by lunch time, giving us good opportunity to grab extras in the afternoon, or to just take it easy if it is crazy hot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter