*** The Official December 2019 thread ***

I know I’m doing what everyone says not to do but I think our week after thanksgiving trick for crowds has been discovered...
I can’t get an ADR to save my life.... no droid depot Reservation for our entire week...
this is our first time staying off property (extended family trip) so I almost feel like I’m going for the first time!
Trying to stay positive...
I feel your pain. I am sure it will be a fun week, but the stress leading up to it is higher for me this time.

When is your trip?
We’re going down 12/1-12/5. I booked over a year ago, but I didn’t know that SW would finish our last day. I had heard it was a good week to go, and it’s our first trip ever. I’m hoping we will have fun anyway.

I know I’m doing what everyone says not to do but I think our week after thanksgiving trick for crowds has been discovered...
I can’t get an ADR to save my life.... no droid depot Reservation for our entire week...
this is our first time staying off property (extended family trip) so I almost feel like I’m going for the first time!
Trying to stay positive...

Keep checking! I was able to get a lightsaber ADR on opening day just a few days prior. Droid Depot ADRs had opened up while I was on property. I had no problem modifying our time. I think due to the full price cancelation fee, guests do cancel often.

I've been stressed lately with changes at work and life changes coming up next year. I told my DH that Disney would make me feel better. Two weeks ago I booked 12/16-12/20 at AS Sports. Please put me down!! I'll be trying to change resorts but there isn't much to choose from. I'm checking everyday. Soooo excited to go back in December.

Last edited:
We’re going down 12/1-12/5. I booked over a year ago, but I didn’t know that SW would finish our last day. I had heard it was a good week to go, and it’s our first trip ever. I’m hoping we will have fun anyway.
I’m usually completely on top of disboards and all things Disney news but not this year... expanded business and new baby!
I’m assuming SW is Star Wars? What is ending? Can you explain

Meant to add that! We are there 12/1-12/7. We went 12/1-12/8 in 2017 but that was a full week after Thanksgiving.
Yeah, thanksgiving was early the year we went, I’m thinking the lateness is messing with our crowds.
I know we will have fun... but it’s always scary with a 6 and a 1 year old in tow!
And my dad and step mom are coming this time..
they are so excited but I really don’t think they are prepared for all the walking...

Yeah, thanksgiving was early the year we went, I’m thinking the lateness is messing with our crowds.
I know we will have fun... but it’s always scary with a 6 and a 1 year old in tow!
And my dad and step mom are coming this time..
they are so excited but I really don’t think they are prepared for all the walking...
Yeah, having kids in the mix adds a lot to the planning and stress of it all. We only have one and that is enough to wear me out. We love traveling with grandparents, but the walking can be a shock. This trip will be our second with them and I think they have a better perspective this time.

I’m usually completely on top of disboards and all things Disney news but not this year... expanded business and new baby!
Star Wars Galaxy's Edge is being completed in 2 phases. Phase 1 included dining, shops, and Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run. That opened on 8/29. Phase 2 will open the main headlining attraction - Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance. The completion/opening date is 12/5 so we are all expecting a lot of unknowns and large crowds at DHS.

We're going 11/30 - 12/7. Booked it in January as a supposed to be low key week that would let us see Christmas in WDW for the first time (and hoping that SWGE would be open by then). Now it seems like that week is going to be very busy. Seems like the hotels and ADRs are very booked. We'll see about Fast Passes next week...

Star Wars Galaxy's Edge is being completed in 2 phases. Phase 1 included dining, shops, and Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run. That opened on 8/29. Phase 2 will open the main headlining attraction - Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance. The completion/opening date is 12/5 so we are all expecting a lot of unknowns and large crowds at DHS.

What PolyRob said. I've never planned a trip, and I wasn't super worried about Star Wars as we are not fans. BUT, I also wasn't expecting the second ride open on our last park day :oops:

Add me to the list :) Myself, DH, and sons (19 & 14) will be at the Floridian from 12/23-12/30. This was suppose to be our off year but hubby decided we should go for Christmas since it is on our Disney Bucket List. We booked a couple weeks ago but still trying to wrap my head around. I'm the uber planner so this is short notice to me. LOL We typically go first week of June so trying to prepare for holiday crowds. So far we have reservations for candlelight processional on Christmas Eve, Christmas day lunch at LTT and the MK garden fireworks dessert party that evening, reservations for both droid and lightsaber depot and Oga's Cantina. After that, the park days will probably depend on what fastpasses I can get.

This has been a great thread for advice so thanks everyone.

Hi! Another latecomer to the Roll Call—DH and I will be there 11/30 through 12/7, staying at POR. This is only my third trip to WDW (second trip for DH) and the last time we were there was in 2015, so a lot has changed! Can't wait to see everything all decked out for the holidays ❤

Planned extras: Dinner at California Grill on 11/30 (feels like an "extra" to us!), Candlelight Processional dining package on 12/2, MVMCP on 12/3, Oga's on 12/5.

What PolyRob said. I've never planned a trip, and I wasn't super worried about Star Wars as we are not fans. BUT, I also wasn't expecting the second ride open on our last park day :oops:

Same here! I really hope it's not busy because I specifically booked these dates because it was supposed to be lower crowds. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that everyone will be in line for the new ride :teeth:

Hi! Another latecomer to the Roll Call—DH and I will be there 11/30 through 12/7, staying at POR. This is only my third trip to WDW (second trip for DH) and the last time we were there was in 2015, so a lot has changed! Can't wait to see everything all decked out for the holidays ❤

Planned extras: Dinner at California Grill on 11/30 (feels like an "extra" to us!), Candlelight Processional dining package on 12/2, MVMCP on 12/3, Oga's on 12/5.
We did California Grill last year. Between dinner and watching fireworks from the rooftop, it was one of our fondest memories of the trip.

:yay:
I finally got to start our much anticipated FP+ bookings yesterday! :woohoo: I was pleasantly surprised that there was still FOP available for the day after Thanksgiving! So as of today, I now have all our FP+ booked for 11/26 - 12/9 and I think I should be able to book the next round on Wednesday (for 12/10 - 12/13) and then the last round on Oct 21st (for 12/20 - 12/30).

I've also booked all our main 'extras' now too.... oh my goodness... it's all getting so close I can almost taste it!!!! lol ⏳

So the extras for this Disney loving Aussie family are -

Backstage Magic Tour 11/28
MVMCP 12/1
Build Your Own Lightsaber 12/3
MVMCP 12/5
DAH - Animal Kingdom 12/7
DAH - Magic Kingdom 12/9
MVMCP 12/12
JBJB Dessert Party 12/12

Can't wait to hear how everyone else is doing with their FP+ and 'Extras' too! 😍

So excited! Hopefully I have made my final plan revision. Yesterday I got the last spots for Ultimate Night of Adventure VIP Tour on 12/22. I am hoping to keep it a secret from ds14. Everything fell into place when I moved things around again for the tour. I was able to get an Oga’s breakfast reservation yesterday for a day I had just changed to DHS rope drop!! I schedule club level fast passes tomorrow, so fast pass day next month should be fairly simple 🤞.
Edited to correct tour name.

Last edited:
Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but we're going in December and about half of our party is AP holders while the other half isn't. Can the non-AP holders go in the AP park entrance line with the AP holders in our party so we can stay together?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter