• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The official GCV press release!

Whydo folks assumes the worst with new DVC's? I remember there was this same thread after they announced AKV. People were convinced the point charts would be astronomical (as well as the cost).

Whydo folks assumes the worst with new DVC's? I remember there was this same thread after they announced AKV. People were convinced the point charts would be astronomical (as well as the cost).

I think the point cost maybe a little more. They've raised the price on all new DVCs haven't they? But I don't think points per night will be any higher than BCV. They want people to stay there and DLR has to many hotels within walking distance that are cheaper to stay at in the long run. DVC is going to have to weigh GCV prime location against that factor.

I think the point cost maybe a little more. They've raised the price on all new DVCs haven't they? But I don't think points per night will be any higher than BCV. They want people to stay there and DLR has to many hotels within walking distance that are cheaper to stay at in the long run. DVC is going to have to weigh GCV prime location against that factor.

I agree....with all the other hotels around. We use our pts at GCH all the time and feel the need to purchase enough for at least 5 days a year just in order to stay at the Grand.

We figure other wise at this point that there will be no 7 mo. window. I do believe that they will keep DLH and PP as the Disney collection so DVC members can still use there pts there if not being able to get into GCH....this way they can still stay on property.

Part of me is happy that they are doing this and part of me is not. Right know with our 400 pts if we choose not to go to WDW we can just drive 1 hr 15 minutes away and visit DL, and even being able to get a room last minute at the Grand with our pts.....that will no longer happen after theses villas are up for sale....kindda makes us feel like we have to buy.

We can no longer be spontanious about driving up for a weekend or what ever last minute. So if they leave DL and PP the way it is at least we can stay htere....it wond be the GCH which we so love but it is better than nothing and maybe they will also lover the pts to make it more inviting to people.

[QUOTE="Got Disney";20909255]Part of me is happy that they are doing this and part of me is not. Right know with our 400 pts if we choose not to go to WDW we can just drive 1 hr 15 minutes away and visit DL, and even being able to get a room last minute at the Grand with our pts.....that will no longer happen after theses villas are up for sale....kindda makes us feel like we have to buy.

We can no longer be spontanious about driving up for a weekend or what ever last minute. So if they leave DL and PP the way it is at least we can stay htere....it wond be the GCH which we so love but it is better than nothing and maybe they will also lover the pts to make it more inviting to people.[/QUOTE]

I've never been able to get a last minute ressie at the GCH. I must be doing something wrong. I know what you mean about being spontaneous. DBF and I decided this afternoon to leave work early tomorrow and go to DLR and stay offsite this weekend. Got a pretty good deal at HoJo. I would love to be able to do that once they finish the GCV but I know that will never happen. Any overnight spur of the moments trips I'll have to stay offsite.

I am assuming that PP and DLH will also stay in the Disney collection once GCV is built but will they start charging the $95.00 fee? I think that will turn a lot of people off of staying there if they are only going to be doing a short trip.

I'm back from a weekend at DLR.

Talked to a couple DVC people and was told a few things. One person said we should have more details before Oct 9th. She indicated a mailing will be going out.

The other person said the remodel will not be GCV but will be AKV. She said they just found this out. She also said that they have not been told if they will have an actual model of GCV. I asked her if they will just convert a room at the GCH to show and she was not sure. She speculated they may just use one of the units in the extension but again they have not been given any info on the preview room for GCV sales. The price will be going up which I think was pretty much a given.

Thanks for that info. If they raise the price much higher than SSR and AKV, that could discourage exixistinf members from buying GCV. Unless a price increase for AKV is imminent.

I believe historically each new DVC resort has sold at a higher price than the previous resort. I'm sure someone will correct me if I am wrong. I can see the price maybe being upped by $5.00 or so but with a discount for pre-sales. You are right that they won't want to increase it by to much.

The other person said the remodel will not be GCV but will be AKV. She said they just found this out.

This is interesting. They must agree with many here that the 50 units will sell very fast if they are not bothering on creating a Model. I did see that the permits for the Re-model were pulled by the same architectural firm that pulled the GCH addition permits, and that is what lead to the speculation.

If it does turn out to be correct they may be thinking they don't really need a model to sell the points. That members will buy regardless of what the rooms are going to look like.

I know for me it doesn't really matter how the rooms look. I will buy because I love the GCH and the villas will have the best location of any DVC resort to two Disney parks bar none. It is also such a small number of units that non owners of GCV will have a very small chance of staying there. I think they will have to show something though. If only to heighten interest. A virtual room maybe?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter