The Official May 2015 Thread!!

Jut found this group we'll be joining you for May 19-27.

Just booked our stay at AoA Little Mermaid rooms :banana: It's a bit of a splurge for us but DD who will be 4 at the time of our trip will love it. This is DH and my second trip to the world and her first. Last time we stayed off property so we're super excited to be in the middle of all the magic. I've started a PTR which has the layout for our trip and which dining reservations i'm hoping to catch. So far we have Akershus, Tusker House, H&V, BOG lunch, Crystal Palace, Kona and 50's Prime Time.

After booking I realized that our trip overlaps Memorial Day, anyone been during this time? Is it busy?

:banana:Yay!!:banana: I've got you added! I haven't been over Mem. Day so I can't tell you what the crowds are like. A crowded day at Disney is better than a super day anywhere else, in my opinion.

Hello everyone. I am making my first post on the Disboards because I have booked my first ever trip to Disney World. At the age of 35 I am finally going to Disney World!

I will be checking in at Art of Animation on May 8, 2015 and checking out on May 17th.

I have been a die hard Disney fan my entire life, and Disney got me through some VERY rough times in my life. I am excited to finally have an opportunity to go see Epcot and The Magic Kingdom!

:banana:I am so happy for you!!!:banana: Welcome aboard! I was an adult before I finally got to go and now I'm addicted. I've got you added to the list!

Hello...
I don't post often, but I have been following the boards here for months! We will using a very generous family member's DVC and staying at OKW from May 2-9.
It will be a first trip for my DH and our DD who will be 4 1/2. I went to Disney when I was 9, before Epcot! I guess it will almost be a first trip for myself also.

I can't wait to make adrs, I am so excited for our trip to come!!! We have 251 days to go :)
me either!! Going more low key this time with not so many TS... I definitely want to try beaches and cream, 50s prime time, bog lunch, flame tree BBQ, trex, kona cafe and boma :)

We were there for Memorial Day last year and it was not too crowded. Try to do the rope drop strategy to make the most of your park day on the weekend. The offsite folks start to build the crowds after 11am.

Hey all - just joining the party now! Roomie and I have booked for a LM room at AoA for the 16th-24th. Here's our "first draft":

Saturday
- late arrival at AoA - ZZZzzz

Sunday
- magic kingdom
- dinner @ be our guest

Monday
- epcot (a.m.)
- ZZZzzz
- hollywood studios (p.m.)
- dinner @ hollywood and vine w/ fantasmic package

Tuesday, May 19th
- hollywood studios (a.m.)
- boat to swan & dolphin
- fantasia gardens miniature golf
- boat to epcot
- epcot (p.m.)
- dinner @ restaurant marrakesh
- boat to the boardwalk
- hang out at the boardwalk

Wednesday, May 20th
- animal kingdom
- breakfast @ tusker house
- ZZZzzz
- downtown disney
- dinner @ raglan road

Thursday, May 21st
- roomie's mystery day (where she'll plan everything out and then just drag me around without me knowing what's next)

Friday, May 22nd
- my mystery day (where she'll have no idea what's next!)
- epcot (a.m.)
- monorail to the grand floridian (~1:00)
- boat rental around seven seas/bay lake
- afternoon tea at the grand floridian (between 2:00pm-5:00pm)
- monorail to the magic kingdom
- walk to the contemporary (~8:00pm)
- dinner at california grill (~8:30pm reservation)
- ‘wishes’ from roof of the contemporary (10pm)
- extra magic hours at the magic kingdom

Saturday, May 23rd
- breakfast @ chef mickey’s
- whatever we haven't done
- epcot
- illuminations
- after hours wind down @ tutti gusto
- hollywood studios
- extra magic hours

Sunday, May 24th
- parks, depending on time of flight

Okay, so maybe it's more than a "rough draft," and, okay, maybe we're crazy.... But we love it!

We just booked for May 1-8 (will likely grow by one day on the end before all is said and done).

Staying at the Sheraton Vistana Resort. Probably not a Disney vacation again this time, but our parks haven't conclusively been determined just yet. The SW parks are our favourites :) .

Just waiting for Jetblue to release flights for our travel dates.

Hello...
I don't post often, but I have been following the boards here for months! We will using a very generous family member's DVC and staying at OKW from May 2-9.

Hey all - just joining the party now! Roomie and I have booked for a LM room at AoA for the 16th-24th.

May 18th.. Saratoga Springs!:cool1:

We just booked for May 1-8 (will likely grow by one day on the end before all is said and done).

:cheer2:Yay!!!! I've got y'all added!:cheer2:

How's everyone getting on?! Any new exciting news to share?!

We've been talking about our ADR's we'd like to cover as it's not too far off being able to book them up! :hyper:

So far we're pondering...

~ Disney Jr Breakfast
~ Tusker House Safari Breakfast
~ Wishes Desert Party
~ Garden Grill Dinner
~O'hana Breakfast

We're travelling with my three year old (by then she will be anyway)...anyone suggest any others that she may or may not like? I think we'll be looking at another evening meal if possible :)

I have looked into BoG, but nothing jumps at me on the evening menu...we may try a lunch though, as I'd love to go and see what they've done with it all :)

And don't forget we have the FB group set up...find us by clicking the link below...
https://www.facebook.com/groups/618356871576089/

How's everyone getting on?! Any new exciting news to share?!

We've been talking about our ADR's we'd like to cover as it's not too far off being able to book them up! :hyper:

So far we're pondering...

~ Disney Jr Breakfast
~ Tusker House Safari Breakfast
~ Wishes Desert Party
~ Garden Grill Dinner
~O'hana Breakfast

We're travelling with my three year old (by then she will be anyway)...anyone suggest any others that she may or may not like? I think we'll be looking at another evening meal if possible :)

I have looked into BoG, but nothing jumps at me on the evening menu...we may try a lunch though, as I'd love to go and see what they've done with it all :)

And don't forget we have the FB group set up...find us by clicking the link below...
https://www.facebook.com/groups/618356871576089/

Whispering Canyon is a fun place to eat with kids. They get to ride stick horses around and it's just a very entertaining place. Ask for Jeff! 1900 Park Fare has Cinderella, Prince, and the Step-Sisters. I love the strawberry soup! We have tried both of these for our evening meals.

Whispering Canyon is a fun place to eat with kids. They get to ride stick horses around and it's just a very entertaining place. Ask for Jeff! 1900 Park Fare has Cinderella, Prince, and the Step-Sisters. I love the strawberry soup! We have tried both of these for our evening meals.

We did WC last trip as 5 adults, we had a blast! :goodvibes I was thinking Crystal Palace might be good for evening meal? Does anyone know if the characters meet then too? I only say that as I imagine my DD will be scared of the step-sisters :laughing:

We are only there 4 days -- one day for each park -- so we are doing one character breakfast each day (my youngest loves them!!)

Thursday -- HS -- Hollywood & Vine
Friday -- MK -- Crystal Palace
Saturday -- EP -- Akershus
Sunday -- AK -- Tusker House

248 days left to go!

We did WC last trip as 5 adults, we had a blast! :goodvibes I was thinking Crystal Palace might be good for evening meal? Does anyone know if the characters meet then too? I only say that as I imagine my DD will be scared of the step-sisters :laughing:

Characters are at Crystal Palace for all meals. Breakfast and lunch and dinner. It's a must do for our family!!

Characters are at Crystal Palace for all meals. Breakfast and lunch and dinner. It's a must do for our family!!

Fab thank-you! I'm thinking my DD would love the Winnie the Pooh gang...she'll only be 3 when we go and they're all a very friendly bunch :thumbsup2 Another one for the list of maybes :woohoo:

We just booked for May 1st -4th!!!! :cool1::cool1::cheer2::cheer2:

We are staying at the Art of Animation!!!

We are booked! May 7th-12th at Port Orleans French Quarter :banana:

This will be our first family trip and I am hoping to turn my Disney-skeptical husband into an addict! Mwhahaha!

Park hopper vs no park hopper?

Originally we were not planning on getting the park hopper addition, but if they have another 24 hour day while we're there I know DH will want to go and if it's on Friday again we'll be in a different park. My reasons for not wanting it are that i'm planning on heading back to the room in the afternoon for break/naps and was just planning to spend each day at one park so I woudn't have to worry about travelling back and forth with DD, stroller, backpack and us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter