**** The Official October 2014 - Disneyland Resort Thread ****

Who is planning on attending Mickey's Halloween Party?

• Yes we are

• Not this trip

• Still unsure/ Depends on party dates

Results are only viewable after voting.
Hi, everyone!:wave:

I thought that those of you who are WDW/MNSSHP vets -- and are headed to DLR for the first time during Halloween Time this year -- may be interested in DIS'er figment_jii's helpful comparison of MNSSHP vs. MHP (Mickey's Halloween Party), posted in the Halloween Time Superthread last year.

Here is the link to figment_jii's post - http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=49493997&postcount=2159.

Also, just for kicks, you may want to check out the Theme Week Countdown we did in the Halloween Thread 2 years ago -- I started out every Theme Week with an intro and photos, and then our DIS'ers would share their gorgeous photos for the themes too.

The first post in the Countdown began on page 8, post #117 -- http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2959331&page=8. If you want to see the rest of everyone's photos and subsequent themes you can follow the pages from that point forward.

Finally, last year I went to DLR for the Friday the 13th/Unleash the Villains madness -- and the first day of Halloween Time! I took (and posted) many, many photos in the Superthread over the following days (and other DIS'ers eventually posted photos too), starting with these Halloween treats! - http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=49565998&postcount=2276

Thank for the links Sherry. Now my sweet tooth is really craving something hehehehe

Wow all the picture! Can't wait to go again, it will have been 3 years since our family has gone by the time we get there. Ugh we still have about 185 days.......sigh. Thanks Sherry E for the links.

I'm planning a trip oct 19-21 with my mom and my grandma. It will be a first time trip to DLR for my grandma and I was wondering if anyone knew when they typically close IASW for the Christmas refurb. I've been trying to research it but haven't had any luck. Thanks!

Thanks Sherry E! Great info!!

Thank for the links Sherry. Now my sweet tooth is really craving something hehehehe

Wow all the picture! Can't wait to go again, it will have been 3 years since our family has gone by the time we get there. Ugh we still have about 185 days.......sigh. Thanks Sherry E for the links.

Thank you, and you're welcome, ZombieDoofus, DenaRox and momof6princesses!

I'm glad the links/photos are of interest and hopefully they can help!

I'm planning a trip oct 19-21 with my mom and my grandma. It will be a first time trip to DLR for my grandma and I was wondering if anyone knew when they typically close IASW for the Christmas refurb. I've been trying to research it but haven't had any luck. Thanks!

lilmisstude07 --

I don't recall the exact date of the closure last year, but IASW usually seems to go down for the overlay right around the last weekend or next-to-last weekend of October. Let's see... Halloween is on a Friday this year, I think? So I am guessing that IASW will be down by 10/26, at the absolute latest -- but probably even a couple of days before that, to be honest. The holiday version seems to always be up and running a couple of days before Veterans Day, as a rule, and it is very detailed and extensive, requiring a good chunk of time.

If I knew what the official start date of the holiday season was going to be this year (11/7? 11/10? 11/12? 11/14?) I would be able to make a better guess as to when IASW might close in October. So far, no dates have been released for anything as of yet and I can only go by previous years as a guideline.

Hello! I'm going to Disneyland Oct 8-15 for my 50th birthday. We are staying at the Best Western Park Place Inn (booked) and have our five day hopper pass. Looking forward to getting to know everyone. I can't seem to find the facebook group though, just the WDW one. Cheers

Kerry

Hi!! we'll be in Disneyland from the 16th-19th for my 27th Birthday! It will also be my first trip to Disneyland! Super excited and am looking forward to all the great tips on here. I also cant wait for the Mickey Halloween party!

Hi! We will going Sept30-Oct2. This will be our second time going for Halloween. We are staying at Best Western Stovalls and we booked through Costco. I can't wait!

Welcome BuffyTheSlayr, Kerry! What a grand way to celebrate a birthday :) I too am really excited to get to know everyone heading to DL in Oct. and in regards to the FB page, it is currently set to private (mainly because my DD and I are FB friends and the trip is a surprise, would hate for the cat to get out of the bag) but if you send me a friend request by clicking HERE i will add you asap. Have added your info to the check in :)

MOPtHA, A first trip and also celebrating a birthday, so cool! I really am liking the idea of Disney birthday parties, I mean what could be better... right! :) Have added your dates to the check in, if you know your hotel I can add that too. :)

Autty40 Welcome! Great to have you joining us. I am extra excited to have people who are going early on, can really help those of us going later :) Looking forward to hearing all about your planning and trip ideas :) Have added your info to the check-in.

Hi Everyone! :wave2:

We are gonna be there Sept 28-Oct 3 for our 10 year anniversary... we had part of our honeymoon in DL too. :) This time we are bringing our (by then) 8 yo daughter with us. Can't wait to be back! :cheer2:

We are currently deciding between the Embassy Suites or the DoubleTree (Hilton Honors members here!)

I got our 5-day park hoppers through Orbitz and Ebates... can't wait to get that nice refund!

Now to plan out the other stuff...

Welcome heartse. Great way to celebrate your anniversary!!! Looking forward to all the planning fun that is still to be shared :)

i added your info to the check-in so when you decide on a place to stay i can update it for you. Decisions, decisions hey, lol.

YAY!!!! I was waiting for a thread to be started. My son and I are going for our first Halloween trip Oct 16-22. We are staying at the HOJO and I am hoping to do two Halloween parties.

I have a question.......if I buy an AP but don't activate it until our trip in October can I still get the Halloween tickets at the discounted (AP) price?

I have a question.......if I buy an AP but don't activate it until our trip in October can I still get the Halloween tickets at the discounted (AP) price?

I think your AP has to be activated in order to get the Halloween Party Tickets at the AP price(someone correct me if I'm wrong).

I'm trying to remember what happened when we purchased our Halloween Party tickets online a couple of years back---I believe we had to enter the number of each AP, for the discount to go through.

We've purchased our Party tickets the last couple of years at the Park, and we have had to show our APs in order to get the discount.:)

There have been mixed reports on that in the past. At least one person said that she was able to do it that way and get the AP discount before activating the AP. Others have said that it is not allowed. I don't think you'd be able to order the MHP tickets online without an activated AP but you may be able to call the ticket phone number and try to do it on the phone, when actually talking to a CM. This question comes up every so often in the Halloween Time Superthread, and I'm sure it will come up again this year.

I just posted more Halloween Time photos in the Superthread today! (In time for Easter!:rotfl2:)

Welcome aidensmom31 and 2tinkerbell. So happy to have more people to countdown the time with :)

The Facebook group - Originally the facebook group was set to private. I was worried that my DD who is also on facebook would stumble upon it and ruin her surprise. Having it set that way the only way to add people to group was for them to friend me and then i added them. I didn't have a problem with that but figured some people may not wat to facebook friend a stranger. I have set the group to closed now. That means it is searchable on facebook, anyone can see the group and who is a member but can not see anything posted in it. The only real give-aways for people ruining surprises (like me DD) is the title of group and the description. My solution for keeping DD in dark was to sign into her facebook, request to join group, then as admin i could block her. Now the group does not exist to her lol. Anyways the group is now searchable or can be found HERE and you can just add yourself :)

Hi DenaRox we will be staying at DLH very excited to stay there. Cant wait until we get closer and to see everyones tip and tricks!

Hi DenaRox we will be staying at DLH very excited to stay there. Cant wait until we get closer and to see everyone's tip and tricks!
Lovely!! I will add it asap! Someday I would love to stay there, it looks amazing. There and the Polynesian at WDW. ahhh, someday!! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter