The Official Riviera Owners & Info Thread

Updated. Happy to! I’m glad you all are hanging here and I can’t wait to post my own pics from September, barring more pandemic issues.

I forgot to mention, yes, I'll be hanging out here a lot over the next few months living vicariously through my Riviera neighbors like you as my first stay won't be until fall of '21. I added on without having stayed there but feel confident that I'm going to love it based on the videos and photos I've seen. Heck, I knew I wanted to add there just based on the artist renderings and location.

Looking forward to seeing your trip photos! 😁

I forgot to mention, yes, I'll be hanging out here a lot over the next few months living vicariously through my Riviera neighbors like you as my first stay won't be until fall of '21. I added on without having stayed there but feel confident that I'm going to love it based on the videos and photos I've seen. Heck, I knew I wanted to add there just based on the artist renderings and location.

Looking forward to seeing your trip photos! 😁

That’s how we felt too! We haven’t gotten to stay but the Skyliner ride over Riviera and even the beautiful station at Riviera. So in love. 🥰

We are now proud new owners of Riviera! We purchased a 300 pt. contract and things just finalized yesterday. We are now official DVC members! We already booked our first DVC stay at Riviera December 26th - January 3rd in a Deluxe Studio. We stayed 2 nights right after they opened to give it a try and my wife could not stop talking about how much she loved the resort so I made her dream come true :)

That’s so sweet! Best gift ever. New Year’s riding the Skyliner sounds like a great way to end the longest year ever. Congrats and Welcome Home!

We just added at Riviera. I am excited to visit as it was not open yet during our last trip. I am looking forward to many years of F&W stays at Riviera!

Congrats and Welcome Home! Yes, F&W access by Skyliner so lured us in.

Just purchased 200 points at Riviera today! I am just waiting for the paper work. I am so excited!! Now to figure out when I want to book my next trip, was looking at possibly the 2nd week in January or maybe mid Feb.
Congrats!

Personally, January is one of our favorite times to visit since we're heat-allergic (not really, but it feels like it!). We were there the week of MLK holiday this year and the weather was perfect, just needed sweaters at night (FYI the Skyliner gets cold at night in January!). We have the week after Thanksgiving booked, crossing our fingers that we'll feel safe enough to go since I'm thinking we might really need a vacation and escape the world within the Disney bubble by then, depending on how current events play out...

Welcome home!

Congrats!

Personally, January is one of our favorite times to visit since we're heat-allergic (not really, but it feels like it!). We were there the week of MLK holiday this year and the weather was perfect, just needed sweaters at night (FYI the Skyliner gets cold at night in January!). We have the week after Thanksgiving booked, crossing our fingers that we'll feel safe enough to go since I'm thinking we might really need a vacation and escape the world within the Disney bubble by then, depending on how current events play out...

Welcome home!
We like January as well, we have been there a few times during that time. There have been one or two very chilly days, but overall the weather is good and the crowds are lower, even with the marathon - which we have run into a few times (pun intended). Thanks for the tip about the Skyliner at night!

Question for those who stayed between Dec and March when it was busy - how did they manage the Skyliner station in the morning? That is to say, it would seem to me that the gondolas would all be full coming from CBR between the AoA/Pop guests and the CBR guests. Do they leave every Xth gondola coming from CBR open to make sure there’s space at Riviera?
We stayed at Riviera opening day/week. Were back and forth between the resort and DHS & Epcot, and never saw a line in the Riviera station.

Sorry if it's been posted and I missed it ... are there locker rooms near the pool with a shower/changing area? We have a late flight our last day and I'd love to spend the morning at the pool.

Well I jumped in and will likely be selling the last of my BWV contracts (Sold 50+30 in April and will likely sell my 150 after our March '21 stay, might hold it for a Jan '22 stay to completely strip the contract).

300 Points @$155
Fixed Week 48 + Fixed Week 49 in Preferred View Studio

Plan is normally a 1BR/2BR for a week in low seasons (Sept,Dec,Jan) but long term when kids might skip a year we will leverage the FW along with fact that I think a FW helps protect the resale value if we ever did want to sell.

Well I jumped in and will likely be selling the last of my BWV contracts (Sold 50+30 in April and will likely sell my 150 after our March '21 stay, might hold it for a Jan '22 stay to completely strip the contract).

300 Points @$155
Fixed Week 48 + Fixed Week 49 in Preferred View Studio

Plan is normally a 1BR/2BR for a week in low seasons (Sept,Dec,Jan) but long term when kids might skip a year we will leverage the FW along with fact that I think a FW helps protect the resale value if we ever did want to sell.
I knew ud join the club. Curious, why the preferred view over standard?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter