The Official Riviera Owners & Info Thread

I knew ud join the club. Curious, why the preferred view over standard?

They didn't have Standard View left for those fixed weeks. That being said as I thought about it more I likely will prefer the Preferred view when we do happen to use the Fixed Weeks (especially since point difference isn't that big). Probably only use 1 of the fixed weeks every few years.

My goal was 300 points regardless for the $155/point price.

In the end Standard View has the benefit of lower point chart. The Epcot Views long term could possibly be shifted to Preferred View with rooms on opposite end of resort becoming Standard View (no view of HS or Epcot or Lake from some of the rooms) so that benefit is not a guarantee.

Benefit of the Preferred View is easier to add on 1-2 nights to Fixed Week and a little better view guaranteed than a parking lot especially if requesting close to Skyliner.

They didn't have Standard View left for those fixed weeks. That being said as I thought about it more I likely will prefer the Preferred view when we do happen to use the Fixed Weeks (especially since point difference isn't that big). Probably only use 1 of the fixed weeks every few years.

My goal was 300 points regardless for the $155/point price.

In the end Standard View has the benefit of lower point chart. The Epcot Views long term could possibly be shifted to Preferred View with rooms on opposite end of resort becoming Standard View (no view of HS or Epcot or Lake from some of the rooms) so that benefit is not a guarantee.

Benefit of the Preferred View is easier to add on 1-2 nights to Fixed Week and a little better view guaranteed than a parking lot especially if requesting close to Skyliner.
Gotta get that $12,000 off for buying 300 points! Thats what I did. I totally agree I think the view categories will be shifted around. Epcot Views are much better than Pool/Skyliner Views, only downside is a lot of them overlook the parking lot but I'd rather have that with Epcot Fireworks. Welcome to the Riviera Club!! :)

Question for those who stayed between Dec and March when it was busy - how did they manage the Skyliner station in the morning? That is to say, it would seem to me that the gondolas would all be full coming from CBR between the AoA/Pop guests and the CBR guests. Do they leave every Xth gondola coming from CBR open to make sure there’s space at Riviera?
We were there over New Years 2019-2020. For HS, we ubered for rope drop for ROTR. No lines at Riviera any other times; we experienced short waits at HS and EP heading back to the resort, but still nothing compared to the waits for any other transportation. Even the wait At EP on NYE after the early fireworks (when a lot of families with young kids left) was not too bad. It got to the bottom of the ramp, the CMs said it was a 10-15 minute wait. DH and DD1 did a surrey bike ride while I waited with DD2 who was asleep in the stroller. By the time they were done, there was no line at the station and we walked on.

We just got back last night after a split stay at Poly and Riviera (our home resort). We bought DVC back in October so this was our first DVC trip. Riviera is amazing, it’s beautiful, we love the location, I could not be happier that we bought there!!
So happy you had a great Welcome Home trip! The first of many! Congrats to you and @Leahc117 - great to hear from two elated new Riviera owners!

We just got back last night after a split stay at Poly and Riviera (our home resort). We bought DVC back in October so this was our first DVC trip. Riviera is amazing, it’s beautiful, we love the location, I could not be happier that we bought there!!

Fantastic! We can’t wait to finally have a chance to go to Riviera in Fall 2021. Our next trip is at BLT because we needed a grand villa and it was tremendously cheaper points wise.

We checked in today and I LOVE the 1 bedroom. The layout makes it seem so huge! We’ve been considering adding more points for a 2 bedroom because family are now asking to go with us. We’re Poly owners and didn’t really want a second monorail home. This may just be the place.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter