The Official Riviera Owners & Info Thread

Good morning neighbors!

Quick question. I have a surplus of PVB points that I'll need to use in '21 for our next trip before I dip into my shiny new RIV points. Has anyone experienced issues booking a dedicated standard view two bedroom at the seven month mark?

Good morning neighbors!

Quick question. I have a surplus of PVB points that I'll need to use in '21 for our next trip before I dip into my shiny new RIV points. Has anyone experienced issues booking a dedicated standard view two bedroom at the seven month mark?
No chance. Those are the first to go.

No chance. Those are the first to go.

Wow, good to know! I'm also going to pose this question in the AKV owner's group. I need to have a strategy in place before my 11 month booking window opens up next month. My plan was for us to do a split stay next trip, one week at AKV in a two bedroom SV and another week at RIV. I'm hoping I'd have an easier time using PVB points at the seven month mark at AKV. If worse comes to worst, I suppose we can split at three resorts. First world problems! ;)

Sorry if this has been asked before - what's the best way to get to HS in the am for ROR boarding group? How early should we get to the sky liner station? Is it easier/better/faster to just walk over to Caribbean Beach to hop on there before the crowds arrive from POP & Riviera when the gondolas start running - which is 9am right? We were at Disney in July right after they reopened & stayed at POP and the line in the morning was crazy then so can't imagine it now that things are picking up. Looking forward to enjoying the resort but my Star Wars obsessed 12yo needs to do ROR. Of course, he's the reason we're heading back & staying at the Riviera because after breakfast at Toppolino's, he wanted to know why we weren't staying at the fancy hotel! Thanks for any help or insights!

Hi folks. We have some DVC friends who are looking to unload points by early next year, and we're interested in renting them for a 5 day trip for my son's 21st birthday. We've been to Disney many times and while our APs have expired, we might pay out of pocket just to be there during this unique time.

He's pretty interested in staying at the Riviera this time (we usually do Boardwalk), and I'm looking at a 1 BR Standard View for 4 of us. I like the Boardwalk 1BRs, but we'd have to bring an air mattress now that both the kids are over 6 feet. Since I expect the parks will be closing fairly early when we go, as they do even in non-Covid times, how would you all rate the Riviera for accessibility and nightlife ? I mean, if we want to hit a monorail crawl, bars at Boardwalk area or Disney Springs for a few hours after parks close, will we need to be looking for Ubers to get back ? If we pack it in early, will there be options for a drink or two at Topolinos or Bar Riva into the evening ? Appreciate any insight from you night owls.

Hi folks. We have some DVC friends who are looking to unload points by early next year, and we're interested in renting them for a 5 day trip for my son's 21st birthday. We've been to Disney many times and while our APs have expired, we might pay out of pocket just to be there during this unique time.

He's pretty interested in staying at the Riviera this time (we usually do Boardwalk), and I'm looking at a 1 BR Standard View for 4 of us. I like the Boardwalk 1BRs, but we'd have to bring an air mattress now that both the kids are over 6 feet. Since I expect the parks will be closing fairly early when we go, as they do even in non-Covid times, how would you all rate the Riviera for accessibility and nightlife ? I mean, if we want to hit a monorail crawl, bars at Boardwalk area or Disney Springs for a few hours after parks close, will we need to be looking for Ubers to get back ? If we pack it in early, will there be options for a drink or two at Topolinos or Bar Riva into the evening ? Appreciate any insight from you night owls.
Hi there! Go for it, it's a lovely place (not that I'm biased 🤣 ). I haven't been since the pandemic began so I don't know what would be open or not.

When early next year? It's booking up! Here's what I'm seeing right now:

We were just there in August; Topolino's was open but you couldn't access the bar without a dining reservation, but was well worth it (Got the lamb shank and their Modern Old Fashioned). Bar Riva was open and had full bar capabilities. (Would highly recommend the Brie and the Almande Grog, interesting Disney twist on the Riviera Cocktail).

Getting to other resorts/boardwalk can be relatively easy if the Skyliner is running. For more reliability, you'll want to drive or Uber. Monorail loop is a bit more challenging, but not impossible. Disney Springs is a little bit of a hassle with the temperature checkpoints and current capacity limits on bus service. Definitely thankful we had driven our POV and could come and go as we pleased.

Hi there! Go for it, it's a lovely place (not that I'm biased 🤣 ). I haven't been since the pandemic began so I don't know what would be open or not.

When early next year? It's booking up! Here's what I'm seeing right now:

Thanks for the heads up - probably going to lock it up today, now that my Disney planning panic is kicking in. This trip is a far cry from the last time I rented DVC points (Nov/Dec 20017) - we had to split that stay since nothing had 7 nights in a row open. Worked out okay - gave me an excuse to tack on 2 nights at Poly Club Level, which I always wanted to do.

We were just there in August; Topolino's was open but you couldn't access the bar without a dining reservation, but was well worth it (Got the lamb shank and their Modern Old Fashioned). Bar Riva was open and had full bar capabilities. (Would highly recommend the Brie and the Almande Grog, interesting Disney twist on the Riviera Cocktail).

Getting to other resorts/boardwalk can be relatively easy if the Skyliner is running. For more reliability, you'll want to drive or Uber. Monorail loop is a bit more challenging, but not impossible. Disney Springs is a little bit of a hassle with the temperature checkpoints and current capacity limits on bus service. Definitely thankful we had driven our POV and could come and go as we pleased.

Were probably just going to do Uber ... the cost of a rental car plus parking per night would be far more than an occasional Uber XL after hours (not to mention I don't want to drive if I have a drink or two). Good to hear about Bar Riva - I hope it's open after park hours. A Disney Vlogger I follow just posted a Riviera stay video yesterday and it looked like he was able to just stop in at Topolino's for a drink - maybe they had walk-up availability that night. That's definitely our "must do" restaurant this trip ... my son is a bit of a foodie and is dying to eat there for his 21st birthday dinner. With Tiffins a no go (not doing AK this trip), Flying Fish and Jiko closed, and Cali Grill on our "on hiatus" list after two sub par visits in a row, we're looking forward to adding a few new experiences.

Sorry if this has been asked before - what's the best way to get to HS in the am for ROR boarding group? How early should we get to the sky liner station? Is it easier/better/faster to just walk over to Caribbean Beach to hop on there before the crowds arrive from POP & Riviera when the gondolas start running - which is 9am right? We were at Disney in July right after they reopened & stayed at POP and the line in the morning was crazy then so can't imagine it now that things are picking up. Looking forward to enjoying the resort but my Star Wars obsessed 12yo needs to do ROR. Of course, he's the reason we're heading back & staying at the Riviera because after breakfast at Toppolino's, he wanted to know why we weren't staying at the fancy hotel! Thanks for any help or insights!
A couple weeks ago, we took a Lyft from RR to BW at 8am and walked. We were held by the Skyliner station at HS, but first in line for temp checks before people even got off the Skyliner. In line for MMRW by 9:20, ride started at 9:30. Coffee in hand, got BG at 10. If you want to control your destiny, don't rely on Disney Transportation.

They typically have 3 diff sizes with paper or canvas. Paper and Canvas seemed to have same price. We got medium size about 20x29 with frame - $213 with shipping ($20 included in the $213, and includes our 20% annual pass discount. I think the smaller was $160 to $180 without discount and shipping, and was a good size still (13 or 16 by 20 or something like that - I can't really remember).
Here is a picture of the print we ordered noted in my earlier post. This is with the espresso wood frame and canvas picture.D431A372-E82D-4112-A4D1-474F963091EA.jpeg

The transportation is pretty good. We had no issues with a bus to/from DS on our last trip, even with limited spacing for COVID. The Skyliner lines weren't bad either - just have to keep an eye on the weather.

Were probably just going to do Uber ... the cost of a rental car plus parking per night would be far more than an occasional Uber XL after hours (not to mention I don't want to drive if I have a drink or two).
Just to clarify: you don't pay for overnight parking if staying on a DVC reservation.
You're still probably better off Uber-ing, but it's good to know your options :)

Good morning neighbors!

I have seen them available so it’s possible, The bigger problem right now is that COVId through a wrench into booking and so we don’t have any real data yet for much of the year,

Now, I will say they Didn’t last long but depending on when you are going, it’s possible for sure,

I have seen them available so it’s possible, The bigger problem right now is that COVId through a wrench into booking and so we don’t have any real data yet for much of the year,

Now, I will say they Didn’t last long but depending on when you are going, it’s possible for sure,

We'll be going during F&W and beginning of the 50th anniversary, so I think I should probably play it safe and use the 11 month booking advantage. I decided to use PVB points at AKV. I have a March UY, so I can technically use them for Festival of the Arts in February of '22, but I risk losing those points if an emergency comes up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter