*** The Official September 2018 Thread *** let's get started to have some fun

The Halloween Party last night had very low crowds. Posted live updates on the MNSSHP thread. Stayed until about 12:30, got back to the room around 1:15. Pretty tired today also and have a headache. I did hit the Food and Wine Festival and World Showcase for about four hours. Back in the room resting and will go back this evening. Extra hours from 9-11 which is nice and it will be cooler! Got a bit too much sun this afternoon... oops.

The Halloween Party last night had very low crowds. Posted live updates on the MNSSHP thread. Stayed until about 12:30, got back to the room around 1:15. Pretty tired today also and have a headache. I did hit the Food and Wine Festival and World Showcase for about four hours. Back in the room resting and will go back this evening. Extra hours from 9-11 which is nice and it will be cooler! Got a bit too much sun this afternoon... oops.

Yes, party crowd was good. I rode everything that was open except the 4 EMM rides. I even rode carpet and orbiter. normally i wouldnt ride those. the only character I met was Moana. that allowed me to FP jungle cruise, meet mickey and meet tinker bell. Went on Enchanted Tales with Belle right after EMM. The only rides I didnt ride were the riverboat and the train

I was going to ask y'all to vote but I already decided! Leaving tomorrow instead. Direct flight vs connection at BWI. Member services moved my reservation back a day - too risky for me to do myself (at least I thought so). It is ALL SET! Cost me some points and $44.00 for flight change. Ended up in B group - that feels weird but I'll cope. LOL Next stop is the rental car demons. Cross your fingers.

ILOVEMYDVC countdown is now 1

Wohoo, my plane takes off in 12 hours :stitch::simba::hmghost::figment::ccat::maleficen:tigger::sulley::mickeyjum:goofy::dumbo::donald:

I suppose I should think about going to bed :earboy2:

h1BAF6851

Pulled out all the pre-packed Disney stuff and toiletries today. Thursday is the only chance I'll have for "last minute" shopping, even though we won't leave for another 9 days. Life is just too busy. It's so weird to pack for this trip, not thinking about what my kids will need for the parks, etc. I will probably still pack just as much for our adults trip, though. I've never been accused of being a light packer.

It's so weird to pack for this trip, not thinking about what my kids will need for the parks, etc. I will probably still pack just as much for our adults trip, though. I've never been accused of being a light packer.

Hi, my name is Shel and I'm a chronic overpacker.

We did our first adults only trip in June and I swear I packed more for it than I do when we take the kids. We did nicer dinners so we took clothes for those plus park day clothes, and then even extra because it was going to be miserably hot and who knows if we'd need to change clothes during the day. It was a mess, but gosh dangit, we had everything we needed then some.

How many of you guys made room requests? Can anyone tell me the best and worst buildings at French quarter?

Pulled out all the pre-packed Disney stuff and toiletries today. Thursday is the only chance I'll have for "last minute" shopping, even though we won't leave for another 9 days. Life is just too busy. It's so weird to pack for this trip, not thinking about what my kids will need for the parks, etc. I will probably still pack just as much for our adults trip, though. I've never been accused of being a light packer.

I pretended that shipping a box would lighten my load. Bwahahaha

We did our first adults only trip in June and I swear I packed more for it than I do when we take the kids. We did nicer dinners so we took clothes for those plus park day clothes, and then even extra because it was going to be miserably hot and who knows if we'd need to change clothes during the day. It was a mess, but gosh dangit, we had everything we needed then some.

I also suffer from a need to wear my just decided favorite outfit right before I travel (or teach) so I have to run a wash at the last minute. It's a sickness.

I keep laundry detergent, etc. packed and ready to go along with my other stuff. I pulled it out and thought, "Hmmm... I really don't want to do laundry while I'm there. But what if I run out of clothes? I mean, we're ONLY taking two good-sized suitcases and our backpacks." Ha!

I also suffer from a need to wear my just decided favorite outfit right before I travel (or teach) so I have to run a wash at the last minute. It's a sickness.

This. I'd love to start packing, but I know I'll likely wear 80% of the clothes I want to wear at Disney between now and then. No sense in even trying.

I keep laundry detergent, etc. packed and ready to go along with my other stuff. I pulled it out and thought, "Hmmm... I really don't want to do laundry while I'm there. But what if I run out of clothes? I mean, we're ONLY taking two good-sized suitcases and our backpacks." Ha!

I am also a laundryaholic. That washer will run every 2-3 days.

I don't have kids, and for just DH and I, we have 3 suitcases checked. Part of the reason we fly Southwest is that we get 2 free checked bags each. It doesn't matter where we go, I *always* overpack. It's just the way I am. I would rather have too much of everything than need something and not be able to get it. And also...it's going to be hot. I may want to change clothes in the middle of the day. Or as I look at the pile of 15 shirts I have ready to go to Disney...twice a day! BAHAHAHAHAHA

Now I can't settle down and actually finish packing!! Teaching my once-a-month tomorrow so no being late. SOOOO much to do!!

Agree about party crowds! I was shocked at how low the wait times for the rides were! We were able to ride rides and trick or treat all the locations, multiple times! Kids made it to midnight! Watched both parades and fireworks. Everyone loved our costumes. Met Moana with only a 20 minute wait! Came back with about a 40 pound bag of candy. We said we wouldn’t do the party again with our kids being so young but at the end of the night, it was a unanimous decision to go again next year! WooHoo!

Went to the Disney Store and Hot Topic today and bought a bunch of new clothes-more than I'll even be able to wear on our short Sept trip! But it'll still be warm in Nov when we go and really, you can never have too many Disney clothes :D. also bought an adorable little Loungefly Lion King backpack for the parks as I'm tired of using my HM D&B cross body and my other Dooney's are all satchels so too big. It's my first Loungefly and I love it!

Doing the single digit dance here today!! (And totally freaking out because I feel like I still have SO much to do!) :crazy2:
It is also approximately 4,000 degrees here in New Hampshire, which doesn't help my energy level, plus I'm literally sticking to my desk, which doesn't exactly make me want to break out the hot glue gun and finish making the two bows I designed for my headband. But, I guess I should grab a backpack and go walk around my neighborhood or something since this is basically what it's going to be like in Florida. So glad I left lots of free time in the schedule so we can take pool/room breaks. This princess from the north doesn't deal well with the heat and humidity! :sad2:
On a happier note...all of the random crap I ordered online is starting to come in! I love getting mail and seeing boxes and stuff besides bills. :p
Yup, about 4001 degrees here today, tomorrow, and when the kids go back to school Thursday :scared: Walked outside and immediately wanted to go back in lol, but I had shopping to do! Now if I can only get packed and put the house in order on the next 9 days.......

:laughing: On one adults only trip, DH and I had FOUR huge suitcases and each had a carry on! Packing well/lightly is not a skill I posses.

I don't have kids, and for just DH and I, we have 3 suitcases checked. Part of the reason we fly Southwest is that we get 2 free checked bags each. It doesn't matter where we go, I *always* overpack. It's just the way I am. I would rather have too much of everything than need something and not be able to get it. And also...it's going to be hot. I may want to change clothes in the middle of the day. Or as I look at the pile of 15 shirts I have ready to go to Disney...twice a day! BAHAHAHAHAHA

I agree. I actually came back this afternoon, showered and put on fresh clothes. It was HOT here this afternoon! I already feel like I need to do a load of laundry but don't have the free time in my schedule to get it done... unless I come back for an afternoon break tomorrow which I may do. Going to HS tomorrow - planning to take a boat from here in the morning!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter