*** The Official September 2018 Thread *** let's get started to have some fun

I love love love packing, but don’t feel like it is quite time to do so since I still have 57 days to go :( So, I just sectioned off part of my closet and put our designated Disney World shirts and shorts and whatever else I have ready for us to take! This way, everything is one spot for when I inevitably can’t fight the overwhelming packing urge :)

All of this! I usually start packing (setting things aside like ponchos, daily gifts, etc.) months in advance. But this time, it's a kid-free trip. So I don't have as much "stuff" to take along. I don't know what to do with myself. I did pull out my pre-packed stash of ponchos, etc. last week to check the status. That's about all I can do for a while!

FP selection went pretty well! Grabbed one for FoP on Day 1 but not an ideal time so I’ll keep refreshing that one. Everything else snagged for exactly when we wanted it! 60 days to go!!!

I'm itching to start packing too, but with 2 months to go it's a tad early lol
I have started putting things aside, and got some new ears I'd ordered from Etsy.
I still have to decide what we're going to dress as for the Halloween party, and plan my outfits for each day.
I'm also trying to figure out how to make some sort of case for my ears. I was going to buy one of those Parc Packs, but they're $100! That money will be much more useful to me at the F&W festival :)

I have started putting things aside, and got some new ears I'd ordered from Etsy.
I still have to decide what we're going to dress as for the Halloween party, and plan my outfits for each day.
I'm also trying to figure out how to make some sort of case for my ears. I was going to buy one of those Parc Packs, but they're $100! That money will be much more useful to me at the F&W festival :)

I decided to stock my hanging toiletry bag so that has calmed the packing urge a bit lol. I overpack when I do it two days before the trip...I can’t even imagine how much overpacking would take place if I did it this far in advance.

Signed up for Owner's Locker - starting this trip - using that as a pacifier. Must have a list! There always has to be a list.

I love love love packing, but don’t feel like it is quite time to do so since I still have 57 days to go :( So, I just sectioned off part of my closet and put our designated Disney World shirts and shorts and whatever else I have ready for us to take! This way, everything is one spot for when I inevitably can’t fight the overwhelming packing urge :)
I have a whole part of my closet with Disney stuff too. We just got back in April so I didn’t even get it put back away when we booked September so it’s still in piles and didn’t make it back into the totes. My husband yelled at me yesterday, “why is there a toaster and coffee pot in our closet”? We are usually in DVC villas, and we just booked a value for this trip and I told him I have to pack them because they aren’t in the room:rotfl:

Signed up for Owner's Locker - starting this trip - using that as a pacifier. Must have a list! There always has to be a list.
I keep telling myself we don’t need it. But I now have 2 totes in my closet that literally go straight into the car, and straight in my closet when we get home, without ever getting unpacked. So I probably do, but I’m too cheap.

I have a whole part of my closet with Disney stuff too. We just got back in April so I didn’t even get it put back away when we booked September so it’s still in piles and didn’t make it back into the totes. My husband yelled e yesterday, “why is there a toaster and coffee pot in our closet”? We are usually in DVC villas, and we just booked a value for this trip and I told him I have to pack them because they aren’t in the room:rotfl:

lol he will be glad you thought to bring them along once you guys are there! Tell him that it is called being prepared :)

I have a whole part of my closet with Disney stuff too. We just got back in April so I didn’t even get it put back away when we booked September so it’s still in piles and didn’t make it back into the totes. My husband yelled at me yesterday, “why is there a toaster and coffee pot in our closet”? We are usually in DVC villas, and we just booked a value for this trip and I told him I have to pack them because they aren’t in the room:rotfl:

What value did you book? Pop's new rooms have a single cup coffee maker

59 days to go. FP was so easy to get and I decided not to get up early to book them. I jumped on the computer around noon and was done in 15 minutes with my Epcot days. I did the CL FP program so the other 8 days were done but I was shocked at the availability so I decided to book another ADR. My wife said she wanted to eat at the place with the awesome cheese and princesses lol so I looked for Akershus and it was available at the exact time we wanted. I have a good feeling that there will be low crowds since there is so much still available. Fingers crossed!

I keep telling myself we don’t need it. But I now have 2 totes in my closet that literally go straight into the car, and straight in my closet when we get home, without ever getting unpacked. So I probably do, but I’m too cheap.

Peace of mind. Tired of thinking about it. We fly. I can replace lots of stuff quickly at Walmart or Target but not wanting to throw away bottles of alcohol, or buy bug spray every time. I can leave an extra (cheap) pair of sunglasses and a pair of DH's reading glasses. Peroxide. Rubbing alcohol. Just stuff I end up trying to check or buy when the plane lands and then carry up 1-2 flights of stairs. (always OKW; always top floor) I buy the cheap glow bracelets (fun!) at home.

59 days to go. FP was so easy to get and I decided not to get up early to book them. I jumped on the computer around noon and was done in 15 minutes with my Epcot days. I did the CL FP program so the other 8 days were done but I was shocked at the availability so I decided to book another ADR. My wife said she wanted to eat at the place with the awesome cheese and princesses lol so I looked for Akershus and it was available at the exact time we wanted. I have a good feeling that there will be low crowds since there is so much still available. Fingers crossed!

Touring Plans sent an email - all decreases. Some big (4 > 1)

I hope you are right! I always mentally prepare myself for insanity so that when I get there and it’s not as bad as I imagined, I am pleasantly surprised lol.

And if the opposite happens and it is, infact, a madhouse...then I am prepared for that as well! But I am hoping that is not the case :)

I hope you are right! I always mentally prepare myself for insanity so that when I get there and it’s not as bad as I imagined, I am pleasantly surprised lol.

And if the opposite happens and it is, infact, a madhouse...then I am prepared for that as well! But I am hoping that is not the case :)

1st week of December 2016 Touring Plans had the entire week a 1 or 2. We went on a party day to MK and stayed for the party. I was expecting low crowds during the day but we could barley move and the party was not much better. From 4-7 it was twice as bad but we managed. That night we got back to the contemporary and found out that power was down due to scheduled maintenance. We were not happy. Long day of to much body contact with strangers, tired and cranky kids then no power. We sat in the lobby trying to figure out how we were getting to the 11th floor and a very nice CM called me to the counter. She gave us 9 FP each for every day left on our trip, I think it was 5 days worth. Needless to say, I had no worries about crowds after that! But from now on we go expecting madness. Anything less is a bonus! Last year we may have just as well won the lottery. Look at my Irma trip pics (link in my signature) ;)

Where is your first DVC stay?

We are staying at CCV for our first time as owners! We have rented before (including after we purchased) at AKL, VGF, PVB, and BWV but are excited to try our home resort! Wish we were going sooner, but we are hoping to attend Moonlight Magic and to use our APs to visit twice in Sept.

Touring Plans sent an email - all decreases. Some big (4 > 1)
I saw mostly decreases for our week too. I'm considering hopping from MK after our EMM to AK because TP reduced the crowd level that day from a 6 to a 2. I have a large personal bubble space. I'm typically very friendly but get grouchy when confronted with lots of crowds and my claustrophobia sets in. (And this is why I have 3 dessert parties booked for my trip!:rotfl:)

lol he will be glad you thought to bring them along once you guys are there! Tell him that it is called being prepared :)
This is basically every trip we ever go on.
Him: "Why do you pack so much stuff?"
Me: "Because we always need something and guess who has it? Me. This girl."
*Go on trip. Husband or kid needs something random.*
Him: "What are we going to do? We need XYZ."
Me: "I have it." Boom.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter