*** The Official September 2018 Thread *** let's get started to have some fun

I had a moment of insanity today and looked at the Disney website to see what resorts were still available for the Free Dining offer.
Imagine my surprise when AKL popped up for a standard view room for only $150 a night more than what we're paying to stay at POP! I called DH at work to see what he had to say and he said "Fine, book it!", and I called and booked it!! :jumping1:

So now we're staying at AKL with Free Dining from 9/13-9/17, then switching to Beach Club. :) I'm sure the resort is a bit discounted because the pool at Jambo House will be closed, but we can go over to Kidani and use that pool.
I'm so psyched! We've never stayed at a Deluxe! DH has always wanted to stay there because he loves the animals and the safari at Animal Kingdom.
(Also, I hope he secretly falls in love with it and decides to buy DVC, but that's a different story. :thumbsup2 )

Oh, and I also purchased my tix for MNSSHP today. Things are coming together quickly here!
You will love AKL. It’s my favorite. Would love to be staying there this time, but can’t because we were just there in April. That’s why we bought DVC- because we fell in love with AKL and the POLY. Enjoy!!!What an upgrade....

Yes, the part I bolded would be the only appeal to me, that I wouldn't have to wait for the luggage and I could just go straight to the bus. But in my case it would probably take longer as I would have to take my bags back to the carousel for DME to take them. But like you, I also want the peace of mind that it hasn't disappeared anywhere.

I disagree with the other poster...I use DME every time and I love it. I wouldn’t do it any other way (unless of course my plane arrived during the hours where DME doesn’t pick up your luggage). Having the luggage delivered to our hotel room is great, and yeah it may take a couple hours to get to our room but we are so busy doing something (like swimming or eating or going to a park) that we don’t even notice.

So my vote is for DME, every time :)

Can't remember if I've joined this thread yet, but we'll be at the GF villas Sept. 3-10.

For anyone else going the week of Labor Day -- would you mind sharing your itineraries (park days)? I'm curious to see what others are doing because I keep changing my mind on things.

Can't remember if I've joined this thread yet, but we'll be at the GF villas Sept. 3-10.

For anyone else going the week of Labor Day -- would you mind sharing your itineraries (park days)? I'm curious to see what others are doing because I keep changing my mind on things.

Here's mine:

9/1--arrival--MK in evening
9/2--MK morning
9/3--Epcot
9/4--MK morning/HS evening
9/5--MK morning (just couple hours for breakfast)/ AK evening
9/6--HS morning with AP event/Epcot evening with AP event
9/7--AK late morning until we're done
9/8--Departure day--MK morning

We're staying at the Contemporary, which is why we have so much MK time.

9/4: (Flight arrives 8:15a) Epcot & MK
9/5: Epcot
9/6: Epcot & HS
9/7: Epcot & AK & DS
9/8: Epcot & HS (Tragical Express 7:30/8:00p)

I should probably post my tentative plans, even though I keep making changes.

Mon 9/3 - Arrival day
Tues 9/4 - MK with EMM
Weds 9/5 - EPCOT
Thurs 9/6 - AK
Fri 9/7 - HS or MK?
Sat 9/8 - HS or MK?
Sun 9/9 - Possibly EMM again & MNSSHP
Mon 9/10 - Departure day

Not likely doing parks arrival or departure day. No park hoppers.

So here's where I'm stuck... I got FP for Slinky both 9/7 and 9/8, but we won't do HS two days in a row and will switch one of those to MK. I'd rather do MK 9/7 as there's morning EMH and I'd kind of like to avoid dealing with MK on a Saturday, BUT we have an evening FP for Slinky on 9/7 and I want to do Toy Story Land at night. The 9/8 Slinky FP is midday (will be so hot).

Mon 9/3 - Arrival day
Tues 9/4 - MK with EMM
Weds 9/5 - EPCOT
Thurs 9/6 - AK
Fri 9/7 - HS or MK?
Sat 9/8 - HS or MK?
Mon 9/10 - Departure day

So here's where I'm stuck... I got FP for Slinky both 9/7 and 9/8, but we won't do HS two days in a row and will switch one of those to MK. I'd rather do MK 9/7 as there's morning EMH and I'd kind of like to avoid dealing with MK on a Saturday, BUT we have an evening FP for Slinky on 9/7 and I want to do Toy Story Land at night. The 9/8 Slinky FP is midday (will be so hot).

Personally, I would do TSL at night between those 2 choices.

We'll be at EMM on 9/4, also. I'm curious to see just how many DISers will be there. I've seen several people posting about that date!

Personally, I would do TSL at night between those 2 choices.

We'll be at EMM on 9/4, also. I'm curious to see just how many DISers will be there. I've seen several people posting about that date!
Fun! We haven't done EMM yet, so I'm excited to try it out. Just a little worried about spoiling the kids with the re-rides. :)

I wonder how much the September AP events at TSL will affect morning crowds. I originally was aiming to do HS on Sunday (a non-AP day), but it just didn't work out with FP.

Mon 9/3 - Arrival day
Tues 9/4 - MK with EMM
Weds 9/5 - EPCOT
Thurs 9/6 - AK
Fri 9/7 - HS or MK?
Sat 9/8 - HS or MK?
Mon 9/10 - Departure day

You can also keep checking SDD FP for 9/8 to see if an evening time opens up. I've been able to modify my TSL FPs a few times already. People change plans all the time.

I have a question about DME. I arrive after 11pm on Sept. 1st. I put in a request for DME and haven't heard anything so assume they still run the buses that late at night? I know they won't move the luggage which is fine since I'll just have a carry on.

I have a question about DME. I arrive after 11pm on Sept. 1st. I put in a request for DME and haven't heard anything so assume they still run the buses that late at night? I know they won't move the luggage which is fine since I'll just have a carry on.

Yes they run all night.

Right now, these are our plans and I won't be changing park days because of our ADR's and I got the FP I want. However, I changed our evening SDD FP to an early afternoon and now I'm wondering if I should have just left it.

8/31-MK for a few hours. We will be arriving at our resort about 5am so will only be in MK until brunch at Chef Mickey's then go back to resort.
9/1-HS
9/2-AK
9/3-MNSSHP
9/4-Rest/pool/DS
9/5-EP
9/6-MK
9/7-AK
9/8-HS
9/9-MK
9/10-EP
9/11-EMM, MK
9/12-EP , we will drive home after dinner!

Right now, these are our plans and I won't be changing park days because of our ADR's and I got the FP I want. However, I changed our evening SDD FP to an early afternoon and now I'm wondering if I should have just left it.

8/31-MK for a few hours. We will be arriving at our resort about 5am so will only be in MK until brunch at Chef Mickey's then go back to resort.
9/1-HS
9/2-AK
9/3-MNSSHP
9/4-Rest/pool/DS
9/5-EP
9/6-MK
9/7-AK
9/8-HS
9/9-MK
9/10-EP
9/11-EMM, MK
9/12-EP , we will drive home after dinner!
A nice long trip!

My husband and I took a weekend trip without the kids in early July. For that, the only FP I could get for Slinky was around noon and I was just about dying in the heat at that time of day, especially in TSL where there is no relief from the sun. That, coupled with the fact that we left HS early that day and haven't seen the land at night yet, is why I'd rather have the evening FP this time. Slinky is still plenty of fun during the day, it'd just be more comfortable (and looks cool) when the sun goes down.

A nice long trip!

My husband and I took a weekend trip without the kids in early July. For that, the only FP I could get for Slinky was around noon and I was just about dying in the heat at that time of day, especially in TSL where there is no relief from the sun. That, coupled with the fact that we left HS early that day and haven't seen the land at night yet, is why I'd rather have the evening FP this time. Slinky is still plenty of fun during the day, it'd just be more comfortable (and looks cool) when the sun goes down.

I forgot about the queue not being air conditioned. It will be us and our 3 kids. 7,4,2. 2 year old can't ride so I'm not sure how that's going to work out with the heat.

I forgot about the queue not being air conditioned. It will be us and our 3 kids. 7,4,2. 2 year old can't ride so I'm not sure how that's going to work out with the heat.
If the wait's not too bad the non-riders could do Toy Story Mania while the others ride Slinky, and vice versa. At least that queue has air conditioning (there is a big outdoor queue area, but the line was never long enough for it to be used). The Alien Saucers queue was rough in the sun! And we didn't meet the Toy Story characters, but they're all out in the sun too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter