*** The Official September 2018 Thread *** let's get started to have some fun

If we can clear up some snags, we will be going on 9/17 to 9/22.:flower1:
Is anyone bringing a baby along? Anyone with experience bringing a 10 month old? I don't know if she can go on rides, etc. I can't believe it's August. I definitely wished my summer away. Oops.

No baby this time, but last year we brought our daughter at 12 months. We had fun doing all of the rides she could do. She was able to do anything without a height restriction (but we skipped POTC and Haunted Mansion because of our kiddos cautious personality). Her favorites were probably IASW, PP and Dumbo. I second the recommendation of using the baby care centers. We used them for diaper changes, a quick break, and nursing. My weird recommendation is doing the Pirate's Adventure in Adventureland during stroller naps. It is fun and doable with a stroller. There are a few loud sounds if you have a light sleeper. Have fun!

No baby this time, but last year we brought our daughter at 12 months. We had fun doing all of the rides she could do. She was able to do anything without a height restriction (but we skipped POTC and Haunted Mansion because of our kiddos cautious personality). Her favorites were probably IASW, PP and Dumbo. I second the recommendation of using the baby care centers. We used them for diaper changes, a quick break, and nursing. My weird recommendation is doing the Pirate's Adventure in Adventureland during stroller naps. It is fun and doable with a stroller. There are a few loud sounds if you have a light sleeper. Have fun!

This might be a silly question but do the baby centers have facilities for everyone else too? I'll have a 5 year old too. I'm a little stressed about the hustle and bustle of bathrooms with a spazzy child :)

This might be a silly question but do the baby centers have facilities for everyone else too? I'll have a 5 year old too. I'm a little stressed about the hustle and bustle of bathrooms with a spazzy child :)

My kids are 7, 4 and 2 and we have gone every year since my oldest was 3. We have always used the baby centers for the siblings to go to the bathroom and cool off and get out of the heat. The only baby care center that is even remotely busy is MK but we've never had more than 3-5 other families in there with us and the other parks, we were by ourself.

Last minute trip!! (we went in June and have a planned trip in November). I normally have everything planned out and have all our FP's and dining done but we just decided this month to go. ADR's were pretty easy to get, but no luck yet on FP's for a couple of rides. We've never done a last minute trip like this before so I'm kinda stressing, lol. Hubby says it will be fine and it will be nice to go without a schedule. I think he's nuts! Wish me luck. Going 9/01-9/06

Doing the 30 day dance today!! :dogdance:(Well, more like the 30 day sway, but that's beside the point.)
I am starting to feel the anxiety that I won't get everything done before our trip. I still have to make our hats for MNSSHP, finishing making a couple of bows for my swap your bow band, and order a couple of shirts. The big thing is that we still need to do our magicband covers. It's one of the few pre-trip activities DH really enjoys but I can't seem to nail down a few minutes for us to do it.

I'm having a colonoscopy tomorrow so hopefully will be able to get some things done since I'll be trapped at home until the procedure.

In Orlando from Sept 13th to 20th, at Disney for the 16th to the 20th (not sure which counts)! Offsite for the first part, possibly also the second part. Have reservations at Pop, but thinking about canceling those to save the money.

Doing the 30 day dance today!! :dogdance:(Well, more like the 30 day sway, but that's beside the point.)
I am starting to feel the anxiety that I won't get everything done before our trip. I still have to make our hats for MNSSHP, finishing making a couple of bows for my swap your bow band, and order a couple of shirts. The big thing is that we still need to do our magicband covers. It's one of the few pre-trip activities DH really enjoys but I can't seem to nail down a few minutes for us to do it.

I'm having a colonoscopy tomorrow so hopefully will be able to get some things done since I'll be trapped at home until the procedure.

Magic Band covers????

In Orlando from Sept 13th to 20th, at Disney for the 16th to the 20th (not sure which counts)! Offsite for the first part, possibly also the second part. Have reservations at Pop, but thinking about canceling those to save the money.

I'm all about staying off property. No EMH is worth like $2,000! We're staying in a 3BR 3BA townhouse for 8 nights for a TOTAL of $750! We stayed in the same unit in January as a last-minute grab and LOVED it so much that I booked it for September before we checked out. We don't stay in the room enough to justify the difference in staying on property and my parents have a pool at home in Georgia 5 minutes from our house, so that isn't a big factor.

@FrankieWinthrop I adore your profile pic! So you'll get this, today is our Hershel day!!!
article_5cb2daf6-ed8d-11e3-8555-001a4bcf6878.html

Thanks! I made it for our "Disney Dawgs" stroller sign for the parks. My husband is a fan of the new bulldog logo, but this one is still my favorite. It really brings out conversation in the parks.
We're a few days ahead of you - we check in on 9/14. Crazy how many Northeast Georgia folks there are in this thread!

At game
TD
OT
To beat the dreadful Patriots. Hated them since i could spell NFL.
Loved Dallas always

Several years ago, I was able to have a football signed in person by Herschel Walker for my husband, who has been a Cowboys fan his entire life. Grew up an Army brat watching them on the Armed Forces Channel all over the world. We have so much Dallas stuff, it's crazy. Gave him a paver at the stadium for our 10th anniversary. I haven't been a fan my whole life, but I knew who you were talking about when you referenced #34!

How do they work? Replace Disney supplied band - keep puck? Or go over existing band like a sticker?
The first link (shopdisney.com) are whole bands, including puck. The rest are just stickers-- although if you do buy one, you'll want to make sure you get the appropriate version for the MagicBand 2; the mightyskins and magicyourband links are both for the original MagicBand design, which has different dimensions and no separate puck.

Last minute trip!! (we went in June and have a planned trip in November). I normally have everything planned out and have all our FP's and dining done but we just decided this month to go. ADR's were pretty easy to get, but no luck yet on FP's for a couple of rides. We've never done a last minute trip like this before so I'm kinda stressing, lol. Hubby says it will be fine and it will be nice to go without a schedule. I think he's nuts! Wish me luck. Going 9/01-9/06

I'll be there at the same time and also went that same week last year with my dad. We actually didn't use many fp's since the crowd levels were so low. I think you guys will be fine!

Our Magic Bands were supposed to arrive yesterday according to tracking.
Unfortunately they’ve been stuck in Ybor City, FL since the 9th with no further scans.
My shipping confirmation from Disney says delivery from the 13-15. So I’m waiting one more day to contact Disney.
Normally I wouldn’t be too upset and would use our old bands except for the fact that these are the first 2.0 bands we’d get AND this is a surprise trip and we were using the bands as a reveal!
I really hope they make it here and if not that Disney can reorder them!

Our Magic Bands were supposed to arrive yesterday according to tracking.
Unfortunately they’ve been stuck in Ybor City, FL since the 9th with no further scans.
My shipping confirmation from Disney says delivery from the 13-15. So I’m waiting one more day to contact Disney.
Normally I wouldn’t be too upset and would use our old bands except for the fact that these are the first 2.0 bands we’d get AND this is a surprise trip and we were using the bands as a reveal!
I really hope they make it here and if not that Disney can reorder them!

Oh no! I hope they arrive soon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter