*** The Official September 2018 Thread *** let's get started to have some fun

So frustrated with FP+ availability! Since we're doing split stay, the 2nd half of my trip has been booked on the rolling 60 days and we haven't been able to get 7DMT, Slinky, or FOP on those days. We booked 30 days out in June and got FOP and 7DMT easily. Either September is gonna be crazy crowded this year or all the planners/researchers like me are going in September! I wouldn't trade my off property stay (no ride is worth $2,500+ price difference IMO), but it is frustrating to see no availability at all.

I’ve had some luck getting those hard to obtain FP+ by looking about a week before our visits. I also read that day of, at around 10 AM a new grouping of FP are released. You can also rope drop those crazy lines! Good luck.

Today would have been my oldest sons 26th birthday. I got on the computer was looking at my Disney facebook groups and then I realized the date and it felt like someone dropped a building on me. I lost my mother back in March as well and planning this Disney trip is the only thing that got me through and Im so grateful for it..

My heart goes out to you, I’m glad Disney is keeping your heart a little lighter.:hug:

So frustrated with FP+ availability! Since we're doing split stay, the 2nd half of my trip has been booked on the rolling 60 days and we haven't been able to get 7DMT, Slinky, or FOP on those days. We booked 30 days out in June and got FOP and 7DMT easily. Either September is gonna be crazy crowded this year or all the planners/researchers like me are going in September! I wouldn't trade my off property stay (no ride is worth $2,500+ price difference IMO), but it is frustrating to see no availability at all.

I think there is some truth to your second idea. At least the last two Sept trips have seemed not super busy, but none of my "tricks" worked as well because so many people were using them. Curious to see how it goes this year.

Today would have been my oldest sons 26th birthday. I got on the computer was looking at my Disney facebook groups and then I realized the date and it felt like someone dropped a building on me. I lost my mother back in March as well and planning this Disney trip is the only thing that got me through and Im so grateful for it..
I'm very sorry for your loss, but glad your Disney trip planning is helping :hug:

Um, so it just somehow dawned on me that for the first part of our stay (when we have the DDP), we each get 2 snacks per day. I didn't realize this and thought we each got 1 snack per day. I'm going to really have to start working on that snack list!!

Um, so it just somehow dawned on me that for the first part of our stay (when we have the DDP), we each get 2 snacks per day. I didn't realize this and thought we each got 1 snack per day. I'm going to really have to start working on that snack list!!

Haha! I realized that for our trip also! We will have 8 snacks a day and with 12 nights, that is a lot of snacking!!! Thankful we’re going during Food & Wine!

I booked my family's FP+ today (or rather technically yesterday my time) at the 60 day mark and I didn't really have any issue. The only one that I didn't see having any sort of availability when I was looking was SDD but no one in my family is really that interested in that so I wasn't aiming for it, we're taking a 2-year-old and would rather do TSM. Although one did pop up briefly when I was modifying another FP+ for a FP+ time of 6:20pm. But there seemed to be plenty of options available when I logged on this morning, at 7:30am and even now as I look just out of curiosity it doesn't look that bad. On our MK day, Saturday, Sept. 22, which is 60+1, the Disney website is only showing me that Space Mountain and Buzz Lightyear don't have any FP+ left, everything else does. Even AK, which is 60+2 has a few for the 2 Avatar rides, which I didn't try to get since my family isn't interested in those either.

But I'm kind of surprised at the availability, even now, almost 18 hours later after I was first on booking. I know that it'll more than likely change as we get closer, since there are people who have to do their FP+ per day or at the 30 day mark, but I guess I was just expecting the worst since this was the first time we've ever made FP+ for anything before.

Haha! I realized that for our trip also! We will have 8 snacks a day and with 12 nights, that is a lot of snacking!!! Thankful we’re going during Food & Wine!

After the last time we went 2 years ago and our experience with F&W, we're definitely going to be using our credits towards it. Actually, that's where all of our credits went that last time when it was only 1 snack. The rest of the food we wanted to try we just charged it to our room.

With 2 this year we're going to have 12 per day for a 4 night stay. I think we might be set this year lol.

I am so sorry. I lost my stepmom on Sat, I've already lost my mom and dad and everyone else back home too. I am using Disney to inject some joy in my life. I hope you have a great trip!

Food booths!!!

Today was our FastPass day and the Disney servers were a dumpster fire. With this trip being such a short stay it was slim pickings for our trip, but since we're going more for food and wine than anything it'll be alright.

Today was our FastPass day and the Disney servers were a dumpster fire. With this trip being such a short stay it was slim pickings for our trip, but since we're going more for food and wine than anything it'll be alright.

I agree. I did ours today as well and it ended up taking me well over an hour to do three days. I got everything we wanted including a FOP at 60+6 so I can’t really complain. It was a stressful hour tho.

Wow, that sounds like it will be an interesting challenge! I wish you the best in that. We'll be at the Boardwalk Villas, but I may book us an extra day at another resort just to stay a little longer haha

SO there were glitches - not everyone accepted my invites (like the husbands LOL) so I had to shoot off some quick FB messages to get them to accept then hubs Uncle and Aunt had duplicate accounts and multi things booked so one of their daughters had to fix that for them when the TA opened at 9 .. so while I was ready and pushing buttons at 7am it was almost 9:30 by the time I booked for the 8 adults in my party and you know what WE GOT EVERYTHING WE WANTED !!!!!! so surprised.. at AK we got Flight of passage at 1pm, in HS we got Toy Story Mania at 9:30 - all the toddlers are too short or scared for Aliens or Slinky Dog (but I am going to rope drop because I want to ride those) We didn't do 7DMT because we plan to ride that during the Halloween party at MK so we got PP, Pirates, Jungle cruise one day and then Splash, Dumbo and Buzz for day two and in Epcot we picked Frozen, The Seas with Nemo and Spaceship Earth (not really needed I know but had to choose something family friendly) I am happy with our choices and think my first timers will have a blast with their littles!!!

It was the same on my FP day last week. I don't understand why they cannot GET IT TOGETHER. I hope your trip is great!

After the last time we went 2 years ago and our experience with F&W, we're definitely going to be using our credits towards it. Actually, that's where all of our credits went that last time when it was only 1 snack. The rest of the food we wanted to try we just charged it to our room.

With 2 this year we're going to have 12 per day for a 4 night stay. I think we might be set this year lol.

That's awesome! In your experience, should we use snack credits for F&W instead of doing a quick service lunch? Or should we do both?

Staying at the Villas at Grand Floridian Sept. 3-10. Just confirmed. Obviously behind on all the planning, so we'll just be going with the flow on this trip. We have young kids, so I foresee many MK rope drops and plenty of time at the pool.

I think there is some truth to your second idea. At least the last two Sept trips have seemed not super busy, but none of my "tricks" worked as well because so many people were using them. Curious to see how it goes this year.

I wonder if the Passholder event is adding to the shortage + the new offsite hotels with FP privileges and the CLs that will certainly be picking up those attractions.

In the 30's as of today! Just 39 days left. So ready to get there :cool1:

STOP IT! The 40s are taking forever. It's summer. Normally it whips by - thinking back to school for both myself and my children (hello, 9,000 permission slips/forms, shopping lists, new clothes).

I don't dare look at the tropical weather forecast. Too soon and too scary.

Sent the new DSIL a copy of Birnbaum. Not the best planning book (that's my job anyway) but a great overview without giving too much away. He got it today - days before Amazon said it would be there. Hoping he enjoys it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter