• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

*** The Official September 2018 Thread *** let's get started to have some fun

I considered the FEA Dessert Party but some reported that you got seated with other guests at the table, so I knew my daughter wouldn’t like it. She is still traumatized from Club Villain when the couple we were seated with argued in German the whole night lol
We had the same experience at Club Villian. My daughter and I were seated with an elderly couple that had no idea what they were attending. They were not happy and it made for miserable experience for us. We have the Ultimate Fall into Magic package next week and will have a F&W dinner at World Showplace at Epcot. I'm already worried about who we will be seated with at that dinner.

We had the same experience at Club Villian. My daughter and I were seated with an elderly couple that had no idea what they were attending. They were not happy and it made for miserable experience for us. We have the Ultimate Fall into Magic package next week and will have a F&W dinner at World Showplace at Epcot. I'm already worried about who we will be seated with at that dinner.

lol what did they expect at something called Club Villain? That was a pretty pricey event...you would think they would have done some research!

And I would be worried about the F&W event too. Bad tablemates can really put a damper on the whole thing! I hope you get seated with people who are nice and fun!

lol what did they expect at something called Club Villain? That was a pretty pricey event...you would think they would have done some research!

And I would be worried about the F&W event too. Bad tablemates can really put a damper on the whole thing! I hope you get seated with people who are nice and fun!
Thanks!! I'm not sure what those people were thinking! I think maybe they thought the menu looked good, which it was! But they were not enjoying the entertainment and didn't even know the characters...ugh!

The good thing about the F&W dining event is it is only a small part of the package, so I won't feel like I have wasted a ton of money if we get bad tablemates. I'm really hoping for some Dissers as tablemates. We have a thread for the Dissers who have bought the package.

If you eat around the F&W booths, you may not want an ADR. One thing you could do is go to Tutto Gusto wine cellar and order some apps and site for a while

I think that's why we didn't originally have an ADR, but after talking about it, we both really like sitting down in the a/c and resting. Even if we don't eat a lot, we do enjoy taking the break so we can see fireworks or tour at night.
I will likely book a late dinner at Epcot since we're staying at Beach Club and can just walk over.

I just found this thread...didn't know it existed and I see it's up to page 96, so obviously I am LATE to the party.
We'll be going the 23rd-29th and staying at the Swan.
I have one DISmeet scheduled (sorta) already, so interested if there could be others. Whoever put this together, great job since you have everyone listed on page 1. I will have to try to tag and/or PM those folks there the same time as well as post our plans.

So many pages, so little time...(27 DAYS!!!) :woohoo:

Glad you got it worked out! It's crazy at all the availability for dining and rides this close. Makes me very optimistic for low crowds!

+1! I check multiple times per day to swap into FoP and SDD FPs and have yet to see any availability (AK and MGM are our first two days, unfortunately, so FPs for the two headliners were long gone at T-60 for us.)

No worries if we don’t get them, we were both raised in RD marathon families. That said, it is stuff like this that make me yearn for the “good old days” of collecting the paper FPs in the morning and using them all in the evening. While the new FP+ system is neat, I think those of us crazies on here who tended to plan everything to the n-th degree got the shorter end of the stick compared to those who do more of a “wing it” strategy.

Okay, as I said, late to the party. Why do all the parties seem to pass me by? :rotfl2:

I'm tagging all the folks I see that are going to be there the same time as us. If I missed anyone (again, I have 96 pages to catch up on), please forgive me.

@Leoj12, @kaze1sd, @ArielSparrow, @dachsie, @Kminderman1, @HappyStamper, @KNovacovschi, @disneylove16, @Sparkly, @Staceycs, @Dadof2inOH, @Lexx1214, @RolloTomasi, @Figaro972, @Loraleelovesdisney, @Domestic_Disney_Dreams, @Meghan4, @FutureMrs.Incredible, @macraven, @tinabina919, @SgtTibbs, @Chelsey Boren, we will be at the Swan checking in 23rd and leaving 29th.

Here's the general itinerary:
24th - AK
25th - resort/MNSSHP
26th - MK
27th - Resort and yehaa Bob in evening
28th - EPCOT
29th - Brunch at Wave or possible DISmeet at DTD (sorry it will forever be downtown Disney for me)
This may happen earlier in the week, so may not have to change our plans for brunch.

ADRs:
23 - Garden Grove Dinner
24 - Tiffins lunch (ROL package) <--- If you've never been to Tiffins, I can't recommend it highly enough.
24 - Yak & Yeti Dinner
25 - Ale & Compass lunch (might cancel...not sure)
25 - Narcoossee's Dinner (and then on to MNSSHP --- our first time. :woohoo:
26 - The Plaza lunch
27 - Beachs & Cream lunch (maybe just an ice cream lunch ;))
27 - Yehaa Bob (likely dinner at POR)
28 - Rose & Crown lunch
28 - Via Napoli dinner
29 - The wave breakfast (will be changed if DISmeet at DTD happens)

PM me if any of the parks or ADRs or resort areas (I saw at least one BW which is close to the Swan) and we can try to meet up. I've been on the boards since 2008, but really only active the last couple of years. It was only last year I found out that DISmeets were a thing. I'm also part of the DISdads club and we're having an annual (large #s) meetup in January (week before marathon weekend).

+1! I check multiple times per day to swap into FoP and SDD FPs and have yet to see any availability (AK and MGM are our first two days, unfortunately, so FPs for the two headliners were long gone at T-60 for us.)

No worries if we don’t get them, we were both raised in RD marathon families. That said, it is stuff like this that make me yearn for the “good old days” of collecting the paper FPs in the morning and using them all in the evening. While the new FP+ system is neat, I think those of us crazies on here who tended to plan everything to the n-th degree got the shorter end of the stick compared to those who do more of a “wing it” strategy.
I personally don't like the new FP system for a couple reasons...
I'm an IT person and their system for handling them, well, since I'm new to this thread, stinks. (not the word I was thinking)
It leaves FPs hanging....if someone gets FPs for one park and then changes their mind, the FPS someone else could have gotten are gone and then they have to try to scramble to get ANYTHING at the new park. The old system gave everyone who was actually at the park the same chances and didn't require us all to stay up until 12am (now get up at 7am if you're not already).
Totally screws over anyone who has a circumstance where they can't plan that far in advance or where something changes and they can do a last minute (or less than 60 days in advance) trip.

For me personally, when I tried to do our FPs at the 60 day point, I was on right at 7am (well 6:55 am actually) and the system kept crashing. I'd select the FP and then trying to actually book it, it would spin and spin and spin and ultimately fail. I called in at 7:10 after it failed several times. By the time I finally got someone on the line, almost everything for the week was gone. I played by their FP rules and got screwed.

To be blunt (I don't like beating around the bush), after the DISdads meet in January, it's very likely I'll be renting my DVC points or staying at HHI or VB. While I love Disney in so many senses, this latest experience has left me with the idea of looking for somewhere else to extrapolate huge sums of cash from my bank account. ;)

Okay, as I said, late to the party. Why do all the parties seem to pass me by? :rotfl2:

I'm tagging all the folks I see that are going to be there the same time as us. If I missed anyone (again, I have 96 pages to catch up on), please forgive me.

@Leoj12, @kaze1sd, @ArielSparrow, @dachsie, @Kminderman1, @HappyStamper, @KNovacovschi, @disneylove16, @Sparkly, @Staceycs, @Dadof2inOH, @Lexx1214, @RolloTomasi, @Figaro972, @Loraleelovesdisney, @Domestic_Disney_Dreams, @Meghan4, @FutureMrs.Incredible, @macraven, @tinabina919, @SgtTibbs, @Chelsey Boren, we will be at the Swan checking in 23rd and leaving 29th.

Here's the general itinerary:
24th - AK
25th - resort/MNSSHP
26th - MK
27th - Resort and yehaa Bob in evening
28th - EPCOT
29th - Brunch at Wave or possible DISmeet at DTD (sorry it will forever be downtown Disney for me)
This may happen earlier in the week, so may not have to change our plans for brunch.

ADRs:
23 - Garden Grove Dinner
24 - Tiffins lunch (ROL package) <--- If you've never been to Tiffins, I can't recommend it highly enough.
24 - Yak & Yeti Dinner
25 - Ale & Compass lunch (might cancel...not sure)
25 - Narcoossee's Dinner (and then on to MNSSHP --- our first time. :woohoo:
26 - The Plaza lunch
27 - Beachs & Cream lunch (maybe just an ice cream lunch ;))
27 - Yehaa Bob (likely dinner at POR)
28 - Rose & Crown lunch
28 - Via Napoli dinner
29 - The wave breakfast (will be changed if DISmeet at DTD happens)

PM me if any of the parks or ADRs or resort areas (I saw at least one BW which is close to the Swan) and we can try to meet up. I've been on the boards since 2008, but really only active the last couple of years. It was only last year I found out that DISmeets were a thing. I'm also part of the DISdads club and we're having an annual (large #s) meetup in January (week before marathon weekend).
Well, none of our days match up except the MNSSHP and the 29th. There are a lot of Dis folks from the Solo and adult board meeting at 6pm by Haunted Mansion for the party. And I have an 8:15 Wave ADR on the 29th. LOL I could play it by ear and possibly go to Yehaw Bob on the 27th but that is my AK day so not sure. Also have an 8am KTMK tour the following morning so may make an early night of it

We are 18 days out, but a 5 year old's birthday party is between now and then! I think I'll be in full Disney mode once we make it through her party next Sunday. As of now, I've planned outfits in a notebook, but haven't started stock-piling things to pack.

We only have 2 ADRs (oh! and BOG lunch for all of us, so 3) and those are for my parents and my kids. We are kind of over the character meal thing because it takes SO long and I really think you get better character interaction and definitely better pictures when they're in their photo spots. They're doing Crystal Palace on our MK day and Cape May on their "off" day while DH and I go to Keys to the Kingdom. We aren't foodies at all. We'd rather grab Electric Umbrella or a baguette from France and keep doing rides/shows instead of sitting to eat "fancy."

I personally don't like the new FP system for a couple reasons...
I'm an IT person and their system for handling them, well, since I'm new to this thread, stinks. (not the word I was thinking)
It leaves FPs hanging....if someone gets FPs for one park and then changes their mind, the FPS someone else could have gotten are gone and then they have to try to scramble to get ANYTHING at the new park. The old system gave everyone who was actually at the park the same chances and didn't require us all to stay up until 12am (now get up at 7am if you're not already).
Totally screws over anyone who has a circumstance where they can't plan that far in advance or where something changes and they can do a last minute (or less than 60 days in advance) trip.

For me personally, when I tried to do our FPs at the 60 day point, I was on right at 7am (well 6:55 am actually) and the system kept crashing. I'd select the FP and then trying to actually book it, it would spin and spin and spin and ultimately fail. I called in at 7:10 after it failed several times. By the time I finally got someone on the line, almost everything for the week was gone. I played by their FP rules and got screwed.

To be blunt (I don't like beating around the bush), after the DISdads meet in January, it's very likely I'll be renting my DVC points or staying at HHI or VB. While I love Disney in so many senses, this latest experience has left me with the idea of looking for somewhere else to extrapolate huge sums of cash from my bank account. ;)

While I don't want to de-rail this thread, I think there are probably more of us that share similar sentiments than not (at least, here on the Dis.) DW and I were up at 6am CDT at T-60 and naturally ran into similar issues of the spinning and then erroring out. We got all of the FPs we wanted later in the week, but for the first two days at AK and MGM, SOL for FoP and SDD. Under the old system, we would have been there at RD, gotten FPs, jumped in Standby, and had the chance to ride twice in a day.

This will be my 15th time to one of Disney's resorts, so I'm not hung up on not being able to stack FPs and ride everything multiple times at most parks. That said, what does sadden me is that when DW and I have kids in the near future, gone are the days where detailed planning resulted in a nice stack of FPs that could be used to ride everything multiple times (something my mother was particularly great at thanks to resources like Tour Guide Mike.) FP+ has simply reduced the amount of rides one can get in during a stay.

Oh well, we'd probably knock Disney for lack of innovation if they never changed stuff like this, so really a darned if you do, darned if you don't situation!

September 18-22 at YC and 22-23 at POFQ. We can't wait!!

We only have one ADR planned as of now. Breakfast at 1900 Park Fare. We may add in Garden Grove and Via Napoli. I have never been to VN and want to try it out.
We plan to eat quite a bit at F & W as much as we can.

The old system penalized those of us who struggle to get up early. I may not love FP+ but it is more fair. Early risers had both the opportunity to ride everything before the crowds and to snatch up the FPs.

The old system penalized those of us who struggle to get up early. I may not love FP+ but it is more fair. Early risers had both the opportunity to ride everything before the crowds and to snatch up the FPs.

In the old system, at least from my POV, if you wanted to sleep in, that was your choice, but you would sacrifice crowds and limited FP availability. I would have loved to sleep until 9, but we always got to the gates an hour before in order to ride more attractions. Now, when your vacation starts and its length determine your ability to get FPs for the super-headliners, which hardly seems as fair as the old system.

I guess fairness is always in the eyes of the beholder, isn't it?:grouphug:

In the old system, at least from my POV, if you wanted to sleep in, that was your choice, but you would sacrifice crowds and limited FP availability. I would have loved to sleep until 9, but we always got to the gates an hour before in order to ride more attractions. Now, when your vacation starts and its length determine your ability to get FPs for the super-headliners, which hardly seems as fair as the old system.

I guess fairness is always in the eyes of the beholder, isn't it?:grouphug:
Right and those of us that might not stay on property only get to make FP 30 days out, day by day. At least the old system everyone was on equal footing!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter