*** The Official September 2018 Thread *** let's get started to have some fun

EPCOT today. For the first time, ever, (for us)Test Track was less than the time posted. Sign said 35 minutes. Spaceship Earth, however, double the time posted. FP on Soarin - walked right on.
FP for Illuminations was worth it. Lovely view and we were out of Dodge lickety split. :boat:

Teppan Edo for dinner - excellent! We debated canceling the ADR because of F & W. shhhh - this is our little secret - we don't like the food offered at F & W. It is just like the stuff they had at the Flower and Garden show. Some of it went right into the garbage can after the first bite. The idea is awesome - the fatty pieces of meat not so much.

Ohhh - Practically nobody is doing discounts. I ask every time. TIW, DVC, AP. CMs apologize and tell me to keep asking.

Do you have young kids? We wanted to try teppan edo but we have a picky kid:)

My kids (5 and 2) love Teppan Edo! They like the veggies and chicken and noodles. It's just like hibachi at any local Japanese Steakhouse. That said, I wouldn't pay for it out of pocket (since it IS just like going to our local place), but it's always a go-to when we've had free dining in the past.

We had three children with us last time - under 6. It is fun but the grill is 500 degrees and within easy reach.
Check out allears to see if there is a kid's menu. The kids with us liked chicken and steak

I am getting mixed advice on what to do about driving to Disney on Sunday. I have just as many people saying to find any possible route to get there and others telling me that everywhere will be a disaster. I'm also finding out that this hurricane would not qualify us for any kind of reimbursement. Are we about to lose $6000 too? I'm so flustered.

I haven't made any plans or packed anything because it seems like the forecast keeps getting worse. People say it's not worth the stress but it might be for us. I wanted this trip so badly and we saved all year. I will be so sad if we don't go. Sorry, I just needed to let it all out.

I am getting mixed advice on what to do about driving to Disney on Sunday. I have just as many people saying to find any possible route to get there and others telling me that everywhere will be a disaster. I'm also finding out that this hurricane would not qualify us for any kind of reimbursement. Are we about to lose $6000 too? I'm so flustered.

I haven't made any plans or packed anything because it seems like the forecast keeps getting worse. People say it's not worth the stress but it might be for us. I wanted this trip so badly and we saved all year. I will be so sad if we don't go. Sorry, I just needed to let it all out.
I will make the same offer...
Go west and make your way down. Traffic will be worse, yes, but better to get there later than not at all. Better to have part of your vacation than none. Better to have $6000 pay for part(hopefully most) than lose it.

Not too sure who you're getting advice from, but in the end doing what is best for you and what will make you happy is most important. Some people are just plain negative and others are just concerned. I would make every effort to drive even if it meant leaving early, driving several miles out of the way and contending with possible traffic. No way I would let a prepaid vacation slip through my fingers without a fight.

This is what we are doing. Coming from Ohio. Leaving on Friday instead and going over to 75 and down, Adds 100 miles and traffic but better than cancelling.
When will you be coming through Atlanta? Same offer. If you need a hot meal or a place to stop. We're about 5 min from I75 and 7-7 1/2 hours to da world.

For any of you displaced from the hurricane(s)...our door is open.

Last edited:
Thank you all so much. It's the constant change in forecasting that makes it hard. It looks to be moving west overnight causing a bigger problem around the detour regions. Not knowing a general time this could happen is hard. I thought maybe leaving for the detour area on friday would avoid the worst areas before it even moved west but I don't want to interfere with evacuations in that direction (if any). We could leave as early as Friday but I have no idea and it looks like a moment to moment prediction. People are saying stations will be out of gas and traffic everywhere will be terrible. Meanwhile, I'm not hearing official advisories on what people who need to travel through should do. If I'm going to cancel, I need to do it before Friday to get any kind of reimbursement. You know I got bad Disney fever if I'm still not giving up. LOL.

Thank you all so much. It's the constant change in forecasting that makes it hard. It looks to be moving west overnight causing a bigger problem around the detour regions. Not knowing a general time this could happen is hard. I thought maybe leaving for the detour area on friday would avoid the worst areas before it even moved west but I don't want to interfere with evacuations in that direction (if any). We could leave as early as Friday but I have no idea and it looks like a moment to moment prediction. People are saying stations will be out of gas and traffic everywhere will be terrible. Meanwhile, I'm not hearing official advisories on what people who need to travel through should do. If I'm going to cancel, I need to do it before Friday to get any kind of reimbursement. You know I got bad Disney fever if I'm still not giving up. LOL.
We live just north of Atlanta, and as of right now there is no chance of significant rain until Sunday afternoon. If you were coming this way to go down 75, then you would be good.

We live just north of Atlanta, and as of right now there is no chance of significant rain until Sunday afternoon. If you were coming this way to go down 75, then you would be good.
Thanks. I'm having the hardst time figuring out routes. People are saying to avoid NC at all costs and that traffic is bad in every detour area (including Tennessee) which surprised me. As far as I know, only coastal areas were ordered to evacuate. I don't know how far out these people are going. I understand 95 being crazy and most of the main central NC routes but I'm wondering why 26 would be an issue. Someone had recommended that detour at one point and it sounded good but everyone disagrees.

I'm watching the ATL weather because my Mom is connecting through there on Friday on her way here to keep our kiddos. What is your preferred local news station there for weather? Her flight is supposed to leave 4pm-ish, I think, and I'm hoping it will be before the weather is significant enough there to cause airport delays in ATL. We used to live in Newnan, and I know it doesn't take much to throw Hartsfield on its ear, but my fingers are crossed.

Thanks. I'm having the hardst time figuring out routes. People are saying to avoid NC at all costs and that traffic is bad in every detour area (including Tennessee) which surprised me. As far as I know, only coastal areas were ordered to evacuate. I don't know how far out these people are going. I understand 95 being crazy and most of the main central NC routes but I'm wondering why 26 would be an issue. Someone had recommended that detour at one point and it sounded good but everyone disagrees.

I-26 in South Carolina from Charleston to Columbia has been rerouted all are westbound lanes. I'm going to take I-77 then instead of getting on I-26 i'm taking 176 to I-95. I punched it in my phone this morning and it automatically took me that way so I can still use my gps and not worry with maps. I figure with the storm making landfall late Friday/early Saturday I may have to deal with some rain but I will just take it slow and push on.

They are saying my area won't start getting rain till Sunday depending when you are coming through the charlotte area

I’m canceling a candy sushi for 3:30 today in a couple of minutes so if anyone wants one check for it!

I-26 in South Carolina from Charleston to Columbia has been rerouted all are westbound lanes. I'm going to take I-77 then instead of getting on I-26 i'm taking 176 to I-95. I punched it in my phone this morning and it automatically took me that way so I can still use my gps and not worry with maps. I figure with the storm making landfall late Friday/early Saturday I may have to deal with some rain but I will just take it slow and push on.

They are saying my area won't start getting rain till Sunday depending when you are coming through the charlotte area

Thanks. Is there an app that tells you what roads are open? Are you traveling down from above the Carolinas? Best of luck to you!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter