• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The Official T-Rex Cafe Thread!

We made a T-Rex reservation for our June vacation back in Jan. I was very happy to get the one I wanted. We always go to Rain Forest this may be our first trip to not stop there.

Just called and couldn't get reservations for 6:30 on the 19th of June. Does anyone know how long the wait is for a walk up??? It sounds like they save most of their tables for walk up business. Has anyone gone to T-rex on a friday night as a walk up what was the wait?? thanks

We just got back this evening from a day trip to WDW. We ate at Portobello Yacht Club. Fairly busy, not to bad. On our way out, around 7:30, the walk up line at T-Rex was a long as the reservations line. Must have been more than a hundred people there. The front of the building was a mob scene.

We just got back this evening from a day trip to WDW. We ate at Portobello Yacht Club. Fairly busy, not to bad. On our way out, around 7:30, the walk up line at T-Rex was a long as the reservations line. Must have been more than a hundred people there. The front of the building was a mob scene.

UGH! Don't tell me that! We have reservations for next Sunday. At least ours is at 5, maybe get ahead of the crowd a little bit?

I was wondering...we have the rainforest/landrys membership card,,,can this be used in t rex cafe? I noticed landrys own it. Has anyone asked?

I have a Rainforest Cafe card and asked about this. The T-Rex Cafe will honor the 10% discount you get with the card but not the priority seating.

UGH! Don't tell me that! We have reservations for next Sunday. At least ours is at 5, maybe get ahead of the crowd a little bit?

Well, as long as you have a reservation, you really shouldn't have a problem, especially that early. The walk up line would certainly take longer, as all of those folks are waiting for the reservation people to be taken care of first.

If you request the ice room, do you miss out on the media shower or the diniosaurs? Is it a little more quiet in there? Thanks

We walked throughout the restaurant and saw everything. The aquarium at the bar as you walk in is fabulous!!!

on 6/20 and the food was very good! I recommend the Triassic Tortellini with Chicken if you are a pasta lover like me:)

We ate at T Rex in March and it was wonderful. The service was very good. We had made reservations in advance and that was helpful. The crowds were unbelievable but it didnt take away from the experience.

We sat in the ice room. After researching I decided this was the room for us. It was amazing. The colors are undescribable. You do get to see the meteor shower and you do get the full effect. Plus the room changes color throughout the whole dining experience. It was so cool. The kids loved it as well as the adults.

I would also recomend the dessert I think that was called volcano. I think that is the name, anyhow it is a big chocolate thing that comes with dry ice. The kids were so wowed by this.

Also if you are travelling with children make sure you allow some time for them to explore outside after you eat. Yes it is a little hassle for the adults to wait however we purchased hard hats with lights on them for our two little ones and a bag of sand and they sifted them in the water. The experience was priceless and the pictures are so sweet from that day.

It was really great and I wouldnt hesitate to go again. Again book a reservation when you want to go to save some headache. Oh and one more trick. If you can get a gift certificate for rain forest cafe they honor it there. I was able to get one through the my points website after earning enough points. Its a Landau gift card which can be used at any of their restaurants. It took a little sting off the total price which was up there. Pricing is similiar to Rainforest Cafe so be prepared for that. But in my opinion was totally worth every penny. ENJOY :dance3:

Our family hasn't been to either so we could use some help. I've noticed comments about food being terrible or mediocre--that's okay with us since we'll be going more for the theming and the kids usually share a meal.

However, I'm concerned about the noise level. Our DD6 and DD8 aren't crazy about really noisy places (although you wouldn't know it by the amount of noise THEY generate;)). So what should we expect at either place? Is the noise level anything like a football game? We regularly attend college football games with them and they complain (a little) but deal with the noise level just fine there. They have no problems with Wishes.

Also, is one less noisy than the other?

be prepared if you are with young children,,,there is a Build A Bear (dino) shop in the restaurant! we did not eat there but my kiddos freaked to go to BAB-dino....they loved it.

as far as noise...it was pretty noisy!!

Our family hasn't been to either so we could use some help. I've noticed comments about food being terrible or mediocre--that's okay with us since we'll be going more for the theming and the kids usually share a meal.

However, I'm concerned about the noise level. Our DD6 and DD8 aren't crazy about really noisy places (although you wouldn't know it by the amount of noise THEY generate;)). So what should we expect at either place? Is the noise level anything like a football game? We regularly attend college football games with them and they complain (a little) but deal with the noise level just fine there. They have no problems with Wishes.

I haven't been to T-Rex yet (will rectify that either in December or more likely Aug '10) but I have been to Rainforest multiple times. I would judge it to be extremely loud. i.e. it is very hard to carry on a conversation.

We were there for lunch around 11 o'clock and the restaurant was packed w/in a very few minutes.The food was very good. Everyone in our party loved their choices. The noise level was not bad. We were able to talk in a normal tone of voice. Every once in a while, a dinosaur screeches but it is only for a few seconds. The T Rex was one of the highlights of our trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter