*The Official VILLAS AT DISNEY'S GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA Owners & Lovers Group*

Looks to me like GF is getting closer to being fully reopened.

Is Garden View Tea Room the only restaurant that will still be closed with no plans to reopen announced yet?

I know we are still missing the GF Orchestra too.

I assumed it was an electrical capacity thing...

now if they are putting them in, I find myself even more confused. Either way, glad they are doing this.
Wasn't this the theory behind the missing microwaves as well? If they've now installed the microwaves (and a warning sign, not to run them together with the coffee maker) and are now adding mini fridges, I'm confused as well. The problem with fridges (and beverage coolers, but to a lesser degree) is the power they need for a moment each time the pumps start). Maybe they decided to run additional cables?

We were just told that Big Pine Key is currently in the process of swapping out the beverage coolers for real refrigerators again. Should be all done within a couple of weeks. We still have the beverage cooler with the glass door and it is a joke.
Curious where you heard this from?

Curious where you heard this from?
Front desk. We mentioned how unhappy we were with the coolers and the CM told us that it won’t be an issue in the future because they are getting rid of them.

The way I understood her it was implied that this was only about the Resort Studios not other rooms at GF that were not DVC.

Last edited:

Wasn't this the theory behind the missing microwaves as well? If they've now installed the microwaves (and a warning sign, not to run them together with the coffee maker) and are now adding mini fridges, I'm confused as well. The problem with fridges (and beverage coolers, but to a lesser degree) is the power they need for a moment each time the pumps start). Maybe they decided to run additional cables?
Did the GF hotel rooms not have fridges before the renovation? I thought all Disney hotel rooms used to have fridges since the mid 00“s?

1900 Park Fare Exterior Gets a Fresh New Look Ahead of Re-Opening Day

The previously white doors are now a gorgeous shade of blue. Combined with the beautiful ornate woodwork, the dusty blue hue emphasizes the restaurant’s charming vintage vibe.

Meanwhile, the restaurant sign has also received a fresh coat of paint…

1900 Park Fare Sign Grand Floridian Fresh Paint

New Paint 1900 Park Fare

Blue Door 1900 Park Fare

Can’t wait for this to reopen. Then just get afternoon tea going again and the resort will be back.

Oh and don’t destroy the lobby. Very worried about that.

I think this is a cute story. My husband thinks I’m nuts. Last night we parked behind a car with the DVC member magnet (the one we received with water bottle for the $30k VGF purchase this past summer).

I chased the member down and introduced myself as a fellow member. We chatted for a few minutes (she also purchased VGF this summer) about different resorts, purchase decisions taking restrictions into consideration, etc.

I think this is a cute story. My husband thinks I’m nuts. Last night we parked behind a car with the DVC member magnet (the one we received with water bottle for the $30k VGF purchase this past summer).

I chased the member down and introduced myself as a fellow member. We chatted for a few minutes (she also purchased VGF this summer) about different resorts, purchase decisions taking restrictions into consideration, etc.
I was at the local gym and saw that another member had the DVC license plate frame and I started talking DVC with her. I’m always excited to talk Disney with other fans.

Details Released for 2024 Easter Displays and Grand Cottage at Walt Disney World

The details and opening dates have been announced for the 2024 Easter displays and the Grand Cottage at Walt Disney World Resort Hotels.

These spectacular displays are hand-painted and designed by the talented pastry chefs who put months of dedication and talent into bringing these creations to life. Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa, Disney’s Contemporary Resort, Disney’s Yacht Club Resort, and Disney’s Beach Club Resortare all joining in on the egg-travaganza with offerings for you to enjoy.

The Grand Cottage at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa for Easter

A first look at some of the bites coming to the Grand Cottage at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa on March 3. Be sure to keep an eye out on the Disney Parks Blogand Disney Eats for our full Foodie Guide with even more Easter goodies coming soon.

Easter egg displays at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa

Let’s kick things off with a trip over to the Seven Seas Lagoon, where the pastry team at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa has been hard at work creating Easter egg displays for you. This can’t-miss tradition is a staple of the Easter season at the resort and showcases the artistry and talent of these cast members. Each has a unique theme and story that the culinary cast member brings to life with their own creative touch. I’ve put together some of my favorite eggs from years past so you can get an idea of what you can experience this year! But there are plenty of new ones coming inspired by cherished characters, stories, and treats, like Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway, Disney Animation’s “Beauty and the Beast,” and Disney snacks. With so many new creations, it’s worth a revisit if you’ve seen them before.

Easter treats from the Grand Cottage at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa

But that’s not all for the resort. The team has also been whipping up some delicious items for you to indulge in this spring. The Grand Cottage is back for the third year to bring to you a plethora of festive (and adorable) treats you won’t want to miss from March 3 through April 1.

• Bunny Pop Flower Pot: Chocolate flower pot filled with jelly beans and three chocolate bunny pops (New)
  • Fruity Cereal Mickey Pop: Mickey-shaped fruity cereal crisped treat
  • The Easter Treat Box: Dark chocolate filled bunny, carrot blondie pop, marshmallow pop, carrot cake chocolate bark, confetti pop, and meringue nests
  • Easter Marshmallow Pop: Three large marshmallows dipped in a yellow chocolate coating topped with Easter quins
  • Bunny Burrow Dirt Cup: Layers of chocolate cake, chocolate buttercream, and cookies ‘n cream pieces with springtime décor (Plant-based)
  • The Grand Egg: White chocolate egg filled with jelly beans sprayed in spring colors
The Bunny Burrow Dirt Cup and Fruity Cereal Pop will both also be available over at Gasparilla Island Grill from March 3 through April 1.

You have 4 choices; dedicated lake (17) dedicated standard (30) lock off lake (17) lock off standard (30) https://dvcnews.com/wdw-resorts/grand-floridian/vgf-resort-information . I agree w/ your thinking that the dedicated 2 br. standard view waitlist has the best shot of filling, but I’d definitely be stalking as well, because a 1 night opening could randomly open up in any category.
Had the waitlist setup and was checking multiple times a day. What would you know, checked last night and a standard 2 bedroom was available. The waitlist didn't hit! I was able to book it though :)

Had the waitlist setup and was checking multiple times a day. What would you know, checked last night and a standard 2 bedroom was available. The waitlist didn't hit! I was able to book it though :)
Same here. We had two waitlists setup for a deluxe studio in July and September. The July one came through but I caught the September one and changed it.

The 2Brs are awesome. We had a standard last year with a great view of the monorail and main building.

1900 Park Fare to Feature Tiana’s Gumbo and More New Menu Items

When 1900 Park Fare reopens at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa in April, it will have a mix of new and returning menu items. Disney previewed some of those items, including the new Tiana’s Gumbo and So Many Wishes beverage.

1900 Park Fare Updated Menu

A close-up photo of Tiana's Gumbo and Rice, one of the items that will be on the new menu for 1900 Park Fare.

One of the new dishes is Tiana’s Gumbo and Rice. Tiana will also debut her new outfit when she meets guests at the restaurant, which will later be seen on Tiana’s Bayou Adventure when it opens this summer at Magic Kingdom.

A photo of four glasses of the So Many Wishes drink, coming soon to 1900 Park Fare.

The So Many Wishes drink is also joining the menu. It’s unknown whether it will be alcoholic or non-alcoholic.

A close-up of vanilla cupcakes with white icing and golden star sprinkles.

Disney also previewed desserts, like these cupcakes with star sprinkles.

Breakfast will also be available including Mickey waffles and Eggs Benedict.

The full menus are not available at this time.

Reservations will open on March 5, and the restaurant will open on April 10.

We have our first stay at the VGF coming up over Easter in a Standard View 2 BR (not lock off). I'm familiar with the GF, but not with the DVC building. I'm looking on touring plans to make a room request, and I think I want to request one of the rooms that face the beach and walkway from the main building on an upper floor - because this looks like it gives you a bit of a lake view and some fireworks while being a SV room - the rooms would be 1525 and 1425. (I know this is just a request - but why not ask!) Does that seem like a good request? What do others generally request?

my actual questions are:

1. do any of the VGF rooms on the upper floors have the solid balconies or dormer balconies? My second request would typically be just upper floor, but I hate those types of balconies so that would change my requests.

2.Are there any rooms (often top floor ones at other resorts) that don't have the pull-down beds and have the pull out couches instead?

3. Are there any other good secrets or rooms to either request or avoid in this category? Like rooms that should be lagoon but are standard, extra large rooms, odd configurations that are better, vaulted ceiling rooms (that don't have solid balconies), rooms with fireworks views that are SV (I think I found one of those, maybe), etc... If you know what I mean.

it's been a while since I've stayed at a resort with no real knowledge of the ins and outs of what rooms to either want or hope to avoid lol. Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter