The Oogie Boogie Bash 2022 Thread (ALL DATES SOLD OUT)

For those of you that have been is it possible to get through the parade, Villians grove, the immersive trails (don’t mind skipping the regular trails), radiator springs, guardians, toy story mania and possibly Spider-Man ride in one night?

We only went to the party last year, no park tickets. We rode Guardians, RSR, TSMM, Goofy's, Incredicoaster, and got stuck on Webslingers which made the 40-minute wait about an hour-ish total (wish we would have skipped that). We didn't watch the parade and only made 2 treat trails. We stopped once to eat at Pacific Wharf. So in our experience we definitely didn't have enough time, it went by fast!

For those of you that have been is it possible to get through the parade, Villians grove, the immersive trails (don’t mind skipping the regular trails), radiator springs, guardians, toy story mania and possibly Spider-Man ride in one night?
Last year I didn’t ride all of the rides, only did guardians, but managed to get all the immersive trails, both parades (didn’t see the headless horseman for the 2nd go around), and villains grove in with no issues. I also left before the party ended. That was all during the party. I road TSM during the mix in hour, but then we had an adr at lamplight for an early dinner.

I know this is the ultimate question but I just can't decide what to do. Go to DL the morning of our OBB day or spend all day in DCA??

Considering I have to start making park reservations in two days I need to decide. lol

I would just get the link from this thread. Someone will share the direct one when it's available so you don't have to navigate the website.

Order of operations:
  • Click direct link provided in thread.
  • If before 9am PT/queue opens, then you will be in a waiting room.
  • Queue opens not before 9am PT (yes, this means it could open later than 9am). You will be placed randomly into the queue along with everyone from waiting room.
  • You will have to wait until it's your turn. Yes, this could take hours depending on how many are in line and where you got placed in line.
  • When it is your turn, you will be redirected to the ticket page to choose your dates and number of tickets.
  • Once chosen and added to cart, checkout.
  • Enter payment info.
  • Submit.
  • Screenshot any confirmation just in case.
  • Breathe.
  • Plan what costumes you're going to wear.
  • Breathe again.
Also if you're not a Keyholder with early access or a D23 member trying for the exclusive night, then you'll have a chance to see it play out a couple days early. I'm sure someone will share screenshots. Just follow this thread. People will be sharing the process as it happens here I'm sure.

Thanks so much! Especially the breathe part! :wave2:

So, just to clarify, clicking on the link will automatically place me in the waiting room?

I know this is the ultimate question but I just can't decide what to do. Go to DL the morning of our OBB day or spend all day in DCA??

Considering I have to start making park reservations in two days I need to decide. lol
What are your other planned park days? I'd lean toward a DL start, thinking a lot of folks without OBB tickets (with hoppers) may start at DCA those days.

Thanks so much! Especially the breathe part! :wave2:

So, just to clarify, clicking on the link will automatically place me in the waiting room?

I work professionally in live theatre (costuming). The breathe part is an essential note to remember, lol! It's amazing how much it helps to have someone remind you to take a breath.

And yes. The link that someone will share will be the direct link to the page. It'll auto put you in the wait room (if before queue opens) and from there it will auto put you (randomly) in the queue. If queue is already open, it will put you in the queue.

Someone always shares it 🐼💚. Makes it much easier for everyone.

What are your other planned park days? I'd lean toward a DL start, thinking a lot of folks without OBB tickets (with hoppers) may start at DCA those days.

We have a total of 5 days in the park with hoppers, just planning on alternating parks. I think it's a toss up where people will be.

Last year we did Webslingers first, Guardians 2nd, and we did the immersive treat trails, the parade and villans Grove. Villans Grove had a very long line that really put is behind. We rode some other rides and did some other treat trails too. But imo I would pick a couple big rides and make sure to stick to the Halloween party specifics. We did webslingers and Guardians right at the beginning of the party when the lines were short as they weren't allowing non-party guests to ride rides. We ate a quick service dinner during the mix in before the party started so, we didn't waste regular party time on eating. We did villans Grove at the end of the night. We tried waiting earlier but the lines were too long. We were told if we got in the line toward the end of the party that if we were in line that we would definitely get in. When we got out, the park was closing. Also we looked at Halloween merchandise at the beginning of the party as thats always a hot item and stuff sells out. Hope this helps in your planning.

Does anyone know how DAS works with OBB? Or at least how it has worked recently with other hard ticket nighttime events like Sweetheart's Night, Villain's Night, or the Star War's nights?

I'm assuming at the very least we would be able to use a DAS for the mix-in time before the party starts? But I would also guess that we might not be able to pre-register or do any advance DAS bookings unless we had a separate park reservation for that day?

What about during the party itself? Reading the posts from last year, not all rides had short lines during the event.

Does anyone know how DAS works with OBB? Or at least how it has worked recently with other hard ticket nighttime events like Sweetheart's Night, Villain's Night, or the Star War's nights?

I'm assuming at the very least we would be able to use a DAS for the mix-in time before the party starts? But I would also guess that we might not be able to pre-register or do any advance DAS bookings unless we had a separate park reservation for that day?

What about during the party itself? Reading the posts from last year, not all rides had short lines during the event.
Here is a Disney parks blog answer but it's from 2019:
https://plandisney.disney.go.com/qu...onight-son-das-pass-work-during-party-412804/

More recent:

https://plandisney.disney.go.com/qu...yplanning-oogie-boogie-bash-september-494688/

I have 2 different party experiences from last year with DAS.
OOB - This was prior to the new chat feature. When I arrived at the party, I spoke with a cast member and they added DAS to my account. We were then able to use it for rides but not treat trails or the enchanted forest thing. The Bash was my first entry of the parks for my stay and DAS was connected to my Bash ticket so I had to do the process again for my normal ticket the next day when we started using the regular tickets.
Christmas Party DW - The chat feature was available by this time. DAS worked the same for the party as it did for normal days. This was at DW not DL, but I would expect it to work that way for OOB this year.

So this will be interesting.

I just accepted an offer for a new job. The 30th will be the last day of my current job. Granted I won't have a lot of work to do on my last day but it might make it tougher to sit and watch multiple browsers to get tickets. I'll be sure to plan any farewell lunches and get togethers for earlier in the week. lol

So this will be interesting.

I just accepted an offer for a new job. The 30th will be the last day of my current job. Granted I won't have a lot of work to do on my last day but it might make it tougher to sit and watch multiple browsers to get tickets. I'll be sure to plan any farewell lunches and get togethers for earlier in the week. lol

Congratulations on your new position!

I'll be in my second week of a new job on the 30th, so also uncertain how able I'll be to wait in the virtual queue all morning (or day?) to purchase tickets. Fingers crossed!

Congratulations on your new position!

I'll be in my second week of a new job on the 30th, so also uncertain how able I'll be to wait in the virtual queue all morning (or day?) to purchase tickets. Fingers crossed!
Hopefully the last hurdle we have to go through for our trips!!

in the past have there been any special dining experiences? I know in 2017 there was a Halloween themed tea at the Steakhouse in the Disneyland Hotel. Did that continue? what about in the park meals?

in the past have there been any special dining experiences? I know in 2017 there was a Halloween themed tea at the Steakhouse in the Disneyland Hotel. Did that continue? what about in the park meals?
Last year there was a dinning package for the parade as well as a dessert party.

Here is a blog post talking about them:
https://stuffedsuitcase.com/disneyland-halloween-party-dining-packages/

Disclaimer: this was last year. We haven't heard anything about these for this year.

Personally I don't think we will do one of it comes back. I think DCA has ample parade viewing spots.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter