• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The Oogie Boogie Bash 2022 Thread (ALL DATES SOLD OUT)

YAAAAAAAAAY. I was a little off on my assumed price for our party night but not by too much.

I don't see why they wouldn't have the Halloween WOC but.. who knows with Disney.

I've never bought event tickets before. Does the virtual queue open at 9am, or does it open earlier?

Assuming Disney is still sticking with Queue-It:

There's usually a waiting room before the queue opens. Then everyone in the waiting room is placed randomly into the line. So time into the waiting room does not guarantee placement in the actual virtual line.

There's always someone every year who gets very upset (mostly on Facebook honestly where they will not be told they misunderstood how something works) because they thought they were earlier in the line due to "opening the page hours before the queue opened". There's literally no benefit to joining earlier than minutes before it opens.

I've even had queues I opened after the queue opened that came up sooner than ones I opened during the waiting room time :confused3 . Like a good half hour/hour after the queue opened.

I’m planning our first trip to DL October 4-9. Would you recommend OBB on Tuesday the 4th or Thursday the 6th? We are east coasters, so I was thinking the 6th to give us a couple days to acclimate to the time change. Or are Thursdays normally a lot more crowded? Thanks for any advice!

Hi all! I’m a WDW vet but DLR newbie. I hope to buy Bash tickets for Oct 16. Will I have a problem do you think? I’ve never struggled with tickets selling out for MNSSHP. But people on this thread are talking about virtual queues. Do the tickets sell out that fast? I’m planning on buying the day they release.

Hi all! I’m a WDW vet but DLR newbie. I hope to buy Bash tickets for Oct 16. Will I have a problem do you think? I’ve never struggled with tickets selling out for MNSSHP. But people on this thread are talking about virtual queues. Do the tickets sell out that fast? I’m planning on buying the day they release.
Last year they had the virtual queues and people waited for hours which in most cases wasn't necessary imo. Now for Halloween night you might want to wait in the virtual queue.

Edited to add also some sold out right away but then Disney released more tickets for sold out dates at a later time.

Edited to add that the cheaper parties sell out faster also.

Last edited:
YAAAAAAAAAY. I was a little off on my assumed price for our party night but not by too much.

I don't see why they wouldn't have the Halloween WOC but.. who knows with Disney.
Agreed. There's no reason not to have it. Especially with the price increase.

I'm attending the D23 convention and I see they have a special night on the 10th. Do they do anything special for the D23 crowd? Or is everything the same on that night too?

Glad to see this is out. We were talking about this last evening and my bet was that they would go on sale around the time of the last Grad Night party on June 30th lol

I'm attending the D23 convention and I see they have a special night on the 10th. Do they do anything special for the D23 crowd? Or is everything the same on that night too?
This is the first time they're doing something like this - I don't think we have that answer yet.

D23 posted its own page for the D23 night - looks pretty straightforward:
https://d23.com/d23-event/d23-exclusive-member-night-oogie-boogie-bash-a-disney-halloween-party/

I was initially excited to do something limited like this, but $179 seems like a lot for what's being offered. (Can anybody sell me on this?)

I'm really glad we recently changed our September dates -- we originally planned to go from 9/9-9/12 on the assumption that there would be a party night 9/11 (we're not going to D23, our dates just happened to overlap) but switched to the 16th-19th to better accommodate the rest of our traveling party. If we'd stuck with the original dates, there wouldn't have been a party any of our scheduled nights. So now we'll hopefully be all set for 9/18.

Woo hoo! I was tipped off when I got the e-mail from D23 today. The only thing that remains to be seen is if we can pay for OBB tickets with gift cards. Last year you could not. If we can, I'll grab a ticket to the special D23 party. If not, I'll skip it this year. I'm trying to keep this trip budget, and spending my discounted gift cards counts as budget!

It's probably just special that it's a Saturday and only open to D23 members but we will have to wait and see on that one.

Does anyone know the answer to this: we have magic keys that we plan to activate during our October trip. They are loaded to our DL account already. Will we be able to buy OBB tickets with the MK holders?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter