The Oogie Boogie Bash 2022 Thread (ALL DATES SOLD OUT)

That's good to hear! I'll keep my fingers crossed and keep my eyes peeled for a report from someone staying on site :)
I’ve seen a couple reports on social media that at least a few hotel guests were able to get same day tickets yesterday but no details about how early or how many etc.

We had to change plans last minute last year from WDW to DLR. We had tickets to MNSSHP at WDW but by the time we changed our plans, OBB was long sold out. I called Disney several times and the DLH where we were staying, and no one would give me a definite answer as to the possibility of some same-day tickets being sold to onsite guests. When I checked in, I asked the front desk CM and she confirmed that they had very limited availability, but that I needed to be at the front desk at 0500 on the day of the party to try to purchase them. They had enough for the first 7-8 families (all resorts share the tickets). So don't completly lose hope because my experience with the CMs was that none would commit to "yes" until we actually arrived. I hope you can get some tickets!
Was that this year? If so, which hotel did you need to be at the front desk?

Was that this year? If so, which hotel did you need to be at the front desk?
It was October 2021 (last year). We stayed at the DLH and went to that front desk. The tickets were shared by all 3 onsite hotels, so each hotel front desk was getting tickets for their own guests at the same time. So we really didn’t know how many would be available to start with and how many each hotel would get. DLH CMs took your tickets and your credit card and scanned them before 0500 so that they were ready to go right down the list at the stroke of 0500. The faster they are, the better, since the other hotels are pulling from the same small pool of tickets at the same time.

I’m wondering if character lines were long and ride lines short since a lot of people on the first night are vloggers. It’ll be interesting to see if it stays the same for future parties or if it spreads out a little more.

I’m wondering if character lines were long and ride lines short since a lot of people on the first night are vloggers. It’ll be interesting to see if it stays the same for future parties or if it spreads out a little more.

I think so. A lot of the vloggers were trying to cover new content so they left out a lot of other things, like the foods, menus, and rides. I'm hoping over the next few parties, we'll get more info about how it's going overall.

My family isn't huge into candy or meeting characters... am I right in thinking that we ought to probably skip the treat trails and hit the rides/villains grove?
It's definitely a must do, but I'm not sure if it's something to do multiple times. Also the treat trails get light at the end of the night. You can hit several late.

I think so. A lot of the vloggers were trying to cover new content so they left out a lot of other things, like the foods, menus, and rides. I'm hoping over the next few parties, we'll get more info about how it's going overall.
We were there. Ride lines were indeed short. Bruno had a long line. Didn’t make it to all the treat trails to see how long some of the other character lines were. Loved the parade!

Hi! I'm trying to make a map of all of the treat trails and character meet and greets based off of the park OBB map and some things I've seen online.
The numbered squares + lettered circle locations are based off of the icons that I saw on the park provided map, but the park map does NOT label each one, so then I tried to identify each one, but I think I am missing some. Let me know what else I should add to this map!
(but don't criticize my map making skills in a PPT lol or how i used the map in the app and turned it upside down 🙈)

Attachments

• Slide1.jpeg
    Slide1.jpeg
    161.1 KB · Views: 74
Going to keep reading reviews but right now our plan is to enter at 3pm and have dinner at Flo's and then to go take pictures in our costumes while it's still light out.

When Disney says we get photopass during the party does that include the mix in time?

I then think we are going to try to catch the first show of mickeys trick or treat because it won't be dark yet.

Then we will focus on treat trails until parade time. Then maybe head to villains grove.

After that I'm not sure. I'm not sure how long into the evening my kiddos will last. My daughter really wants to see Bruno. So I gotta figure that one out. But my husband has already said he will take the kiddos back so I can stay for the whole party. I want to see the Sanderson sisters.. what time do they leave for good?

Going to keep reading reviews but right now our plan is to enter at 3pm and have dinner at Flo's and then to go take pictures in our costumes while it's still light out.

When Disney says we get photopass during the party does that include the mix in time?

I then think we are going to try to catch the first show of mickeys trick or treat because it won't be dark yet.

Then we will focus on treat trails until parade time. Then maybe head to villains grove.

After that I'm not sure. I'm not sure how long into the evening my kiddos will last. My daughter really wants to see Bruno. So I gotta figure that one out. But my husband has already said he will take the kiddos back so I can stay for the whole party. I want to see the Sanderson sisters.. what time do they leave for good?
Regarding your Bruno question, I know it'll be late but the vloggers Ordinary Adventures went to see him during the second parade and said it was just about a walk up, though I know every night may be different.

Go take pictures in our costumes while it's still light out.
This is brilliant!!! We are cosplaying as Eda, King and Golden Gaurd from Owl House. I want lots of photos.

After you go, I would be interested to know which photo pass spots you ended up at pre-party and any advice you have.

My family isn't huge into candy or meeting characters... am I right in thinking that we ought to probably skip the treat trails and hit the rides/villains grove?
Hit headliner rides during the first parade unless you want to watch the parade twice. You might want to the treat trails when the lines aren't long later in the night. The villains are very spot on. It's very entertaining and you don't have to take the candy. As soon as my bag is full, I just go through the lines to see the villains.

Do you think pics from before 3pm will still link? Like if I'm in DLR in the morning? Don't really want to buy genie+ for that day but want pictures from the morning :)

there's a code (QR maybe?) on your wristband that they scan for photopass at the party so I don't think it would work for DLR earlier in the day.

Edit - unless it's the same as what's attached to your tickets/account? I'm not sure.

Do you think pics from before 3pm will still link? Like if I'm in DLR in the morning? Don't really want to buy genie+ for that day but want pictures from the morning :)
Hmm I’m not sure. You could use the chat feature on the app to ask. If you do end up buying genie+ for the photos that day you might as well know at the beginning of the day that’s what you have to do so you’re taking full advantage of it

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter