The pumpkin, fall/winter squash and sweet potato recipe thread

It's a bit far from me.....:rolleyes1 Anyone have a recipe?

It's a bit far from me.....:rolleyes1 Anyone have a recipe?

I googled it even just to find the brand name of the it and couldn't find anything :( I did find somebody else saying that it was delicious! LOL It's actually a "Pumpkin Marscapone Bread Pudding"..... dear good lawdy it's good!

I think I will go to Costco this weekend and buy some more if they have it. I'll post pics.

Just want to report...picked up some Pumpkin Pie yogurt by Stonyfield Farms...will report back...

UPDATE ON CINNAMON CHIPS:

I found them today!! :yay:

I usually try to look in the baking isle of a store every once in awhile, especially during the holidays or in a town that I don't normally shop in, and today ... JACKPOT!!! I found the elusive cinnamon chip at [COLOR="blue"]Albertson's! [/COLOR]WOOT!

I guess Hershey's is making them now.. I don't think they were by Hershey before or else the bag "look" changed as I don't recognize these but I'm hoping the taste is the same. Good luck shoppers!

cinnamonchips.jpg

Here's a couple more places to buy them online:

Hershey's on Amazon - this link requires you to buy in bulk
http://www.amazon.com/Hersheys-Cinnamon-Chips-12-ct/dp/B001684SIU

The Prepared Pantry
- "gourmet mini cinnamon chips" - Not Hershey's -can buy a single package for $3.09
http://www.preparedpantry.com/gourmet-cinnamon-chips.aspx

My favorite way to incorporate these is in a lovely pumpkin cookie but you can use them in a NUMBER of ways..all especially good with holiday favorites.

ENJOY!

Here's my Aunt M's exact recipe for pumpkin crunch (hers is simply called pumpkin crunch, not pumpkin crunch cake).

pumpkinpics013.jpg

Pumpkin Crunch

1 can solid-pack pumpkin (29 oz)
1 can evaporated milk (13 oz)
1 cup sugar
3 eggs, slightly beaten
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1 box yellow pudding cake mix
1 cup walnuts, chopped
1 cup butter, melted

Frosting:
1 package cream cheese (8 oz)
1/2 cup powdered sugar, sifted
3/4 cup cool whip

-Mix the pumpkin, milk, sugar, eggs, and cinnamon together. Pour into a 9X13 inch pan lined with wax paper. Pour 1 box of cake mix (dry) over pumpkin mixture and pat nuts on the cake mix. Spoon melted butter evenly over the nuts.

-Bake at 350 degrees for 50-60 minutes. When done, invert onto tray and peel off the waxed paper. When slightly cooled, spread frosting on top.

-To make the frosting, beat together cream cheese and powdered sugar. Fold in cool whip. Spread over the cake evenly. Refrigerate.

OMG I just finished making this and it came our right!!!!!! WOW..... I really like how it tastes. again I DIDN'T SCREW UP!!!!!!! I did add another cool wip to it and I like it that way. TYYYYYYYYYY:thumbsup2

OMG I just finished making this and it came our right!!!!!! WOW..... I really like how it tastes. again I DIDN'T SCREW UP!!!!!!! I did add another cool wip to it and I like it that way. TYYYYYYYYYY:thumbsup2

Congrats! With the shortage of pumpkins this season you're lucky to have your cake and eat it too :thumbsup2

OK People.. I know this is OT but I'm desperate. I only have 12 hrs to find this recipe! I'll delete the post so as not to muck up the sanctity of the squash theme but...

"sparkling" jello and cream something????

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can anybody point me in the direction of a recipe that I can't remember??

You make a fruit jello (I think we made it with raspberries) and let it set PARTIALLY.. then you float some raspberries in it?? Then there's a layer of cream something I THINK! Then another layer of jello? I think there's crushed pineapple involved and I don't think there were marshmallows.

This is a tough challenge... anybody up to it??

Oh yea, I know they don't make "sparkling" jello anymore but I can still make it that way with Club soda... I think the recipe originally called for it though.

HELP!

And... HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

OK People.. I know this is OT but I'm desperate. I only have 12 hrs to find this recipe! I'll delete the post so as not to muck up the sanctity of the squash theme but...

"sparkling" jello and cream something????

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can anybody point me in the direction of a recipe that I can't remember??

You make a fruit jello (I think we made it with raspberries) and let it set PARTIALLY.. then you float some raspberries in it?? Then there's a layer of cream something I THINK! Then another layer of jello? I think there's crushed pineapple involved and I don't think there were marshmallows.

This is a tough challenge... anybody up to it??

Oh yea, I know they don't make "sparkling" jello anymore but I can still make it that way with Club soda... I think the recipe originally called for it though.

HELP!

And... HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

Was this a mold, or a pie? How was it served? Any other info you can share will help pinpoint a recipe.:surfweb:

Was this a mold, or a pie? How was it served? Any other info you can share will help pinpoint a recipe.:surfweb:

You are too kind. Unfortunately, I just cannot remember. I feel like there was a layer of sour cream or something in it but it wasn't covered in a layer of white on top.. maybe in the middle. But then again maybe not. What I found was just a way to float berries in sparkling jello by mixing them in when the jello is just semi-set- which I definitely remember was something we did. I ended up just mixing up the whip cream/sour cream and putting it on top. It was tasty enough, I guess. :)

thanks for your help and attention to the matter :goodvibes

Didn't they used to make a Jello called Jello 1-2-3 that set up in layers?

It's back! :lmao:

Here is a new recipe.

Quick Pumpkin Pudding

1 pkg. (5-1/10 oz) Vanilla instant pudding and pie filling mix
1 can (12 fl. Oz) Nestle Carnation Evaporated Lowfat 2% Milk
1 can (15 oz) Libby's 100% Pure Pumpkin
1 teaspoon Pumpkin pie spice
Fat Free whipped topping (optional)

Beat pudding mix and evaporated milk according to package directions in large bowl; refrigerate for 5 minutes. Add pumpkin and pumpkin pie spice; mix well. Spoon into dessert dishes. Refrigerate for 10 minutes or until ready to serve. Top with whipping topping, if desired.

It's back! :lmao:

Here is a new recipe.

Quick Pumpkin Pudding

1 pkg. (5-1/10 oz) Vanilla instant pudding and pie filling mix
1 can (12 fl. Oz) Nestle Carnation Evaporated Lowfat 2% Milk
1 can (15 oz) Libby's 100% Pure Pumpkin
1 teaspoon Pumpkin pie spice
Fat Free whipped topping (optional)

Beat pudding mix and evaporated milk according to package directions in large bowl; refrigerate for 5 minutes. Add pumpkin and pumpkin pie spice; mix well. Spoon into dessert dishes. Refrigerate for 10 minutes or until ready to serve. Top with whipping topping, if desired.

That sounds really yummy :D

I have to go through my recipes to find one to post, but in the meantime I thought I would bump this back to the top! The kids will be back in school Monday, :woohoo:and swear I smell fall in the air.:scared1:

I have to go through my recipes to find one to post, but in the meantime I thought I would bump this back to the top! The kids will be back in school Monday, :woohoo:and swear I smell fall in the air.:scared1:

I actually smell fall in my HAIR thanks to Pumpkin Spice body shampoo by Bath and Body Works (or some such place!) :rotfl2:

I haven't tried this yet, but I will soon. As soon as I clear enough room in my freezer.:lmao:

Pumpkin Pie-sicles
2-1/2 lbs. butternut squash
1/2 cup pure maple syrup
2/3 cup light cream
1/2 to 3/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice

Cut butternut squash into quarters and scoop out seeds.
Bake, boil or microwave squash until soft. Cool. Scoop flesh out into a medium size bowl.
Add syrup, cream and spice to bowl. Mash with a potato masher.
Spoon into popsicle molds, or 3oz disposable cups. Add sticks and freeze for 6 hours or more. Enjoy

Butternut Squash Soup

1 Butternut Squash, chopped
1 Onion, chopped
1 Apple, chopped

Saute with sage leaves in one to two tablespoons of butter, season with cinnamon, cardamom, nutmeg, ginger, and cloves to taste.

Add one cup of vegetable broth until mostly evaporated, then add another cup until evaporated. Squash should be pretty soft by then, if not, add more broth and repeat. Remove sage leaves. Puree, add more broth to desired consistancy.

I made this the other night for dinner and it turned out really well.

Have any of you ever tried adding cardamom to pumpkin and other squash recipes. It adds such an interesting and unique flavor that complements most dishes very well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter