The REAL Longest Thread In Dis History Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everyone.. just a quick update. my aunt has started to open her eyes and stuff but she is still on the ventilator and she still has a fever.. the doctor thinks also she might have had a minor stroke because her right hand is not responding. I think its because they have her restraints too tight.. because I have never heard of someone having a stoke where only their right hand stops working... but I could be wrong.. she is coming around a little more each day... my mom said she tried to take her clothes off becuase it was hot. but the restraints stopped her. they are still controlling her blood pressure and breathing but as soon as she can control it she has to go back into surgery so they can fully repair the hernia... thats about all I know right now..

I got a new phone! Josh and I decided that we were going to get on a plan with his cousin and sister and sisters boyfriend.. so now I have T Mobile. I have unlimited texts!!! that super exciting!! I love to text... and my phone is sexy!!! I got the razor thats pink and has cherry blossoms on it... its so hot! :rotfl: I have to get going to work now.. I will be back later!

Have a good day all! :wave:

Hey Fhs Chick.

Glad to hear that your aunt is slowly coming around. I hope she didn't have a stroke and it is just the restraints.

Why is she being restrained?

I have pink razor, too, but not the one with Cherry Blossoms, though...That would have been cool.....

I love to text, too!! Me and My mom's favorite way of communication since she lives in Lousisana....

We married on March 14th...no particular theme for our wedding...honeymoon in St. Lucia Sandals resort (which I mentioned earlier but bears repeating since this was an incredible place).

Even though different month, still both the 14th...that is cool!!!

Sandals looks awesome!!!

I would love to go there in the future!!! Is that an adults only place?

Hey Fhs Chick.

Glad to hear that your aunt is slowly coming around. I hope she didn't have a stroke and it is just the restraints.

Why is she being restrained?

I have pink razor, too, but not the one with Cherry Blossoms, though...That would have been cool.....

I love to text, too!! Me and My mom's favorite way of communication since she lives in Lousisana....

I hope she didnt have a stroke too.. she is being restrained because they say typically in ICU when you come around after the sedation wears off or you wake up realizing there is tape on your face or tubes in your face you go to try and rip them out... that way when they come around they cant start pulling at the tubes and stuff..

my mom and grandma are making me go see her again today.. I dont know if I am really excited.. you know...

good news is I got a new shirt yesterday! its black and written like a tattoo it says suisun ink on it... its hott! it matches my new phone! lol

Even though different month, still both the 14th...that is cool!!!

Sandals looks awesome!!!

I would love to go there in the future!!! Is that an adults only place?

Sandals is adults only but their sister resort Beaches is for families. We've been to one of the beaches (a Jamaica one that allows only older kids). It was great too but not as nice as Sandals. The other Beaches ones allow kids of all ages.

I guess there is just something so romantic about going to an adult only club (w/o having to worry about XXX type of stuff!) :goodvibes

I hope she didnt have a stroke too.. she is being restrained because they say typically in ICU when you come around after the sedation wears off or you wake up realizing there is tape on your face or tubes in your face you go to try and rip them out... that way when they come around they cant start pulling at the tubes and stuff..

my mom and grandma are making me go see her again today.. I dont know if I am really excited.. you know...

good news is I got a new shirt yesterday! its black and written like a tattoo it says suisun ink on it... its hott! it matches my new phone! lol

Oh, okay. Restraints would make sense then....

New shirt sounds cool.

is hot your new word? LOL :rotfl:

Reminds me of Paris Hilton

Sandals is adults only but their sister resort Beaches is for families. We've been to one of the beaches (a Jamaica one that allows only older kids). It was great too but not as nice as Sandals. The other Beaches ones allow kids of all ages.

I guess there is just something so romantic about going to an adult only club (w/o having to worry about XXX type of stuff!) :goodvibes

Sandals does sound nice.....very romantic, indeed..

But that will have to wait until DS is way older.......wouldn't want to go on vacation without him at this age.

I will have to check Beaches out. I imagine it is pretty expensive, though. Maybe something to check out for the future....

Where has everyone been? Parla?? Larak??

It has been so dead here these past couple of days.....

NEED OPINIONS:

I am getting really fed up with the temp agency and wanted to talk to one of the reps there. But I figured if they got on the phone, I might not get out everything I wanted to say.

So, I decided to wait until after hrs and left a voice mail on my main rep.

I will try and give you a basic idea of what I said,

"Hi. This is. ***** *******. I wanted to remind you again that I am available for full time positions on a temporary basis, just nothing permament.

I also feel like I am being discriminated against because of a medical condition that my son has, which is asthma. When I started with you, it was in the winter months, when people tend to get colds, like my son does. However, with his asthma, he is affected more and is sicker longer.

Now that we are coming into the warmer months, he tends to get sick a lot less often and would like to be reconsidered for more positions, including the front desk positions.

I really need to work and it will have been a month with not working come Tuesday.

I would appreciate a call in the morning. Thank You...."

I am wanting to know......Did this sound rude to you? I am angry, but don't want to come across that way and have them not call me back.

Thanks ladies!!!

I think I had explained my situation on here before at my temp agency...

Just to recap...

I have missed a bout 3 or 4 days because my son was sick in a 3 month period.

So, they no longer what to give me front desk position or real important jobs. They want me to just do project work, which there is not a lot of and it is not fair.

When I started it was January, rihgt in the middle of cold and flu weather.

DS always gets sick end of Dec through like March...not straight, just a lot.

Then normally from about may til Dec, with nothing, or nothing major, anyway....

So, I have not had a job in almost a month and I don't believe that they don't have anything for me and are just blowing me off.....

So, that is my story

To be honest (ok??)

If I heard that message it would make me NOT want to do business with you. That is not the type of message to leave on an answering machine. As soon as somebody mentions the word "discrimination", red flags go up all over the place. If you really feel like you need to say these things, then you should arrange a meeting with one of the managers of the temp agency to talk to her/him about your experience and ask for advice from them on how you guys can work together for the benefit of both you and the agency. (I really think this should be done in person (not on the phone, either) so you and he/she can have a candid talk.)

They are in a tough position b/c their work is temporary and most probably need to be done quickly or on a timeline. So when they assign a person and that person has to cancel for WHATEVER reason, it makes the agency look bad and a company will not want to work with them.

Unfortunately for you, a temp agency is not really looking to make things best for you; they are looking out for themselves.

So a better way may be to have a one-on-one with a manager in the temp agency to explain your situation...maybe they can assign you to jobs that aren't time-crucial or that have multiple people assigned so that if you have to cancel, it doesn't affect them that much. However, I suspect these jobs will be few and far between.

You really need to talk to the temp mgr soon, too, before all the kids come home from college. I worked at a temp agency a few summers during college and it was great for me so you may soon be competing with even more people in a few months.

Anyway, I offer these words in a loving manner. I know you are in a tough situation b/c you need work but your family comes first. Just try to stay positive and show the temp agencies that you really do want to work and you will work your booty off when on the job so that the companies will praise you and specifically request you to come back.

I hope this helps you.

NEED OPINIONS:

I am getting really fed up with the temp agency and wanted to talk to one of the reps there. But I figured if they got on the phone, I might not get out everything I wanted to say.

So, I decided to wait until after hrs and left a voice mail on my main rep.

I will try and give you a basic idea of what I said,

"Hi. This is. ***** *******. I wanted to remind you again that I am available for full time positions on a temporary basis, just nothing permament.

I also feel like I am being discriminated against because of a medical condition that my son has, which is asthma. When I started with you, it was in the winter months, when people tend to get colds, like my son does. However, with his asthma, he is affected more and is sicker longer.

Now that we are coming into the warmer months, he tends to get sick a lot less often and would like to be reconsidered for more positions, including the front desk positions.

I really need to work and it will have been a month with not working come Tuesday.

I would appreciate a call in the morning. Thank You...."

I am wanting to know......Did this sound rude to you? I am angry, but don't want to come across that way and have them not call me back.

Thanks ladies!!!

To be honest (ok??)

If I heard that message it would make me NOT want to do business with you. That is not the type of message to leave on an answering machine. As soon as somebody mentions the word "discrimination", red flags go up all over the place. If you really feel like you need to say these things, then you should arrange a meeting with one of the managers of the temp agency to talk to her/him about your experience and ask for advice from them on how you guys can work together for the benefit of both you and the agency. (I really think this should be done in person (not on the phone, either) so you and he/she can have a candid talk.)

They are in a tough position b/c their work is temporary and most probably need to be done quickly or on a timeline. So when they assign a person and that person has to cancel for WHATEVER reason, it makes the agency look bad and a company will not want to work with them.

Unfortunately for you, a temp agency is not really looking to make things best for you; they are looking out for themselves.

So a better way may be to have a one-on-one with a manager in the temp agency to explain your situation...maybe they can assign you to jobs that aren't time-crucial or that have multiple people assigned so that if you have to cancel, it doesn't affect them that much. However, I suspect these jobs will be few and far between.

You really need to talk to the temp mgr soon, too, before all the kids come home from college. I worked at a temp agency a few summers during college and it was great for me so you may soon be competing with even more people in a few months.

Anyway, I offer these words in a loving manner. I know you are in a tough situation b/c you need work but your family comes first. Just try to stay positive and show the temp agencies that you really do want to work and you will work your booty off when on the job so that the companies will praise you and specifically request you to come back.

I hope this helps you.

I am not offended by your response at all.

I have tried to talk to them twice now, and they are just sugary sweet and fake nice. I can see right through them.

The problem I have with the in person talk is that I am a person who gets easily flustered.

When I get upset or angry or hurt, which I am all, I cry and there is no way I would get anything

if I had this talk in person, I wouldn't get half the things that I felt out on the table.

I do feel like I am being discriminated against and being blown off.

If they no longer want to do business with me, I would rather have them be honest with me and quit stringing me along.....

Oh, one more thing.

I worked for this temp agency in 2000 and was employee of the month a few times and was a great employee.

I guess that means nothing to them now.....:confused3

Care to share?? :rotfl:

sure I will mail them to you! :thumbsup2

I saw my aunt again today.. she was responsive and stuff and I told her you all are thinking of her and stuff and she kinda smiled. as much as you can with a ventalator taped to your mouth ya know?

I wore my Suisun Ink shirt to work and ended up having to show my store manager my tattoos... it was kind of embarassing! :rotfl:

sure I will mail them to you! :thumbsup2

I saw my aunt again today.. she was responsive and stuff and I told her you all are thinking of her and stuff and she kinda smiled. as much as you can with a ventalator taped to your mouth ya know?

I wore my Suisun Ink shirt to work and ended up having to show my store manager my tattoos... it was kind of embarassing! :rotfl:

That is great that she is responsive....so nice to hear...:)

So, what kind of tatoos do you have?

That is great that she is responsive....so nice to hear...:)

So, what kind of tatoos do you have?

I have a Loin on my leg and a shooting star under it and a koi fish on my back.. like on my shoulder blade

I have tried to talk to them twice now, and they are just sugary sweet and fake nice. I can see right through them.

If they no longer want to do business with me, I would rather have them be honest with me and quit stringing me along.....

Hmm, maybe another tactic would be to call them very regularly (every 2-4 days?) and maybe even visit them like every 1-2 weeks (?) and ask them what work they have available for you?

Maybe they just need to see that you are available and wanting to work.

I think I read earlier that you are also trying to work with another temp agency. I would definitely branch out.

Something else completely different -- maybe if the temp agency is all "face" and no substance, then maybe they have :headache: other people, too and they aren't getting as much work either? Would definitely be time to reconsider other temp agencies.

Also, have you looked into jobs like a teacher's asst, library helper, lunch aide, church secretary, church pre-school, janitorial services, information desk at local mall, local parks and rec positions, school crossing guard, etc... I'm not sure if they would be more hours than you want to work but they may be jobs that are a little more flexible than a 9-5 office job.

Anyway, just some thoughts to try to help a little...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter