• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The return of annual passes

I sure hope so. We caved and bought park hoppers back in May for our upcoming December trip, but we have 4 trips planned between Decmeber 2021 and December 2022 so we NEED to upgrade those tix to AP's!

I have four 10-day park hoppers valid from 8/14 - 8/27. I’m thinking based on the wording of this “rumor”, I will not be able to upgrade my tickets to an Annual Pass. 😡

So the prices for DLR seemed reasonable. Think it will be the same case for WDW?

That was my thought - and hope. And while there are twice as many parks and generally more to do at WDW, the ticket prices are usually on par with DL...leading me to think - and hope - that the pricing tiers may be similar, though perhaps with fewer blackouts on weekends since that's not as big of a problem in Florida as in California.

I have four 10-day park hoppers valid from 8/14 - 8/27. I’m thinking based on the wording of this “rumor”, I will not be able to upgrade my tickets to an Annual Pass. 😡
You might be in luck. I read about this change a couple months ago and people were hoping that meant that APs were coming back on August 16th. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/faq/passholders/park-magic-band-pick-up/
Complimentary MagicBand Update
As more Walt Disney World Passholders continue to discover Disney MagicMobile service, we will no longer be offering complimentary MagicBands with annual pass purchases and renewals made August 16, 2021 and beyond.

I have the money sitting in the bank waiting for the day they drop. We haven't bought tickets for our February trip yet and I am getting nervous about park reservations.

I was able to do my DVC Gold AP renewals today (60 days out). I think that's probably a good sign that the WDW AP's are not going to change too much. Otherwise, how will they deal with people who already have ap's. It's not like at DL where they were able to start with a completely new program.

I was able to do my DVC Gold AP renewals today (60 days out). I think that's probably a good sign that the WDW AP's are not going to change too much. Otherwise, how will they deal with people who already have ap's. It's not like at DL where they were able to start with a completely new program.
About how much were they? Trying to get an idea of general pricing since it’s been a few years since we have had APs.

They will grandfather them. When you renew that's when the changes take affect. I personally think the only real changes will be in how many reservations each tier gets.

Does anyone think they will offer different levels for out of state? We have AP’s and usually make 3 trips a year but never over summer or Christmas so a Silver pass at a better price would be awesome for us. I’m not going to renew until we hear something just in case!

I have the money sitting in the bank waiting for the day they drop. We haven't bought tickets for our February trip yet and I am getting nervous about park reservations.
I am in the exact same position. Holding out hope that 8/16 is the magic day

I'm very curious to see what form it'll take. Whether close to the old style or more like Disneyland, etc. We've been considering a short notice trip the first week of September if some good deals appear on Hotwire that match the cheap flights we've found. But I'm not doing it without annual passes, considering we're planning on doing an early December and a trip in the spring as well. My wife just tried to get a renewal for her pass that expired last spring, but it was a no go.

FWIW, I'm awaiting APs in order to book December and January proposed trips. Doubtful that I'll make reservations (at Disney) without the A/P. Have never tried UO but may have to start doing that and all the other choices in Orlando instead.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter