The Rumor Tracking Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Scott Gustin also did an interview with Dan Cockerell and its said that the money from the theater is not going specifically towards a Stitch replacement but rather several already announced projects. Dan also said the 50th would be the earliest we would see a new nighttime parade. He expects plans for the theater to be put on a shelf and be used down the road in some capacity.

certainly hope the new night time parade comes by/for the 50th - though on the other hand obviously don't *need* the parade to draw crowds for the 50th ... maybe could use it to kick of the "next 50 years!" when the 50th stuff is over

Scott Gustin also did an interview with Dan Cockerell and its said that the money from the theater is not going specifically towards a Stitch replacement but rather several already announced projects. Dan also said the 50th would be the earliest we would see a new nighttime parade. He expects plans for the theater to be put on a shelf and be used down the road in some capacity.
So Tron is costing more than expected? Do we have any other announced MK projects?

parade! and I wont be suprised if stuff like Stitch and other unannounced projects are coming
But a parade hasn’t been “announced” yet has it? Unless you count this interview that says the earliest we would get a parade would be the 50th. That doesn’t sound promising. Especially when what was originally planned was a theatre AND whatever projects were already announced.

certainly hope the new night time parade comes by/for the 50th - though on the other hand obviously don't *need* the parade to draw crowds for the 50th ... maybe could use it to kick of the "next 50 years!" when the 50th stuff is over
Though it may specifically attract some, I think of the parades as a way to spread out crowds a bit! While people are crowding around waiting for them, we are far away on rides. :)

Yesterday on WDWmagic, Martin is reporting that updates are in the works for Carousel of Progress, Peoplemover and Speedway.

I am assuming (hoping) nothing major to the first two - I mean, not like replacing them or anything, right? Would be nice if they updated the last scene in the CoP

I am assuming (hoping) nothing major to the first two - I mean, not like replacing them or anything, right? Would be nice if they updated the last scene in the CoP
Anyone have a sense of what kind of updates to the speedway? Just the cars and maybe the queue, or the actual track?

Anyone have a sense of what kind of updates to the speedway? Just the cars and maybe the queue, or the actual track?

well, the one end might need a bit of re-routing to accompate Tron

There was also a rumor/speculation the cars / track would get a bit of a Tron-like retheme. I hope that includes changing to electric cars

I believe Martin said Peoplemover will have a few new scenes. CoP should have new last scene and speedway I’m assuming would get a Tron look to fit the aesthetic.

Probably overthinking this, but feel like the current speedway (not particularly futuristic) softens the transition between Tomorrowland and Fantasy land. However, definitely needs a re-do and I could see a Tronish speedway being really great at night...

I don't think we'll see an onboard electric vehicle for the speedway in the current configuration. The heat will be torturous and likely severely limit run time not to mention safety concerns.

Would definitely go with a more futuristic, hopefully electric car. For the track itself would triple-down on landscaping and go for an aesthetic similar to some of the new concept art for the Epcot spine - futurism through nature. This would also transition well to fantasy land.

I would like to see them do an onboard storage/electric vehicle. But, if they go down the battery route, the chemistry selection and cell design is very complex. Heat was our enemy and we used an older nickel based chemistry due to safety and other reasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter