The Rumor Tracking Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Something tells me “private events bounce back to pre-COVID” will be a while. Lotta companies looking around this year and asking why they bother spending millions of dollars on some of these trips.

OTOH that may hurt Indianapolis more than Orlando.
A lot of trade shows were beginning to fizzle out already. There was a lot of consolidation. I imagine this will kill a lot of them. Business travel will not return to the same levels ever. Much like how office life is likely changed permanently for many companies. It makes a lot of sense for Disney to simply try to wait out a clearer future. Universal is doing the same with Epic Universe. The park was designed in part with corporate parties in mind.

Last edited:
Something tells me “private events bounce back to pre-COVID” will be a while. Lotta companies looking around this year and asking why they bother spending millions of dollars on some of these trips.

OTOH that may hurt Indianapolis more than Orlando.
On the flip side, as companies become more virtual may be looking for the occasional opportunity to bring employees together in person.

Last edited:
On the flip side as companies become more virtual may be looking for thhe occasional opportunity to bring employees together in person.

I was wondering about that angle ... Maybe more for internal things - if people are more spread out rather than having an offsite near any one office you could gather at WDW or wherever (but obviously way down the road)

I was wondering about that angle ... Maybe more for internal things - if people are more spread out rather than having an offsite near any one office you could gather at WDW or wherever (but obviously way down the road)
You still have things like the Disney Institute and team building events with Disney. Conferences may die down but I am not sure if that will. It may evolve a bit but something I think Disney still wants to do as it brings revenue.

This might be speculation (if so please remove) but the Disney Magic Kingdoms game teased that the update after the upcoming one on Tuesday (think it will be towards late January) will add Ratatouille content. They usually time adding new collections with releases, the last update had Mandolorian content to coincide with the new season of the show. There is a slight chance that they could be adding a Ratatouille update late Jan/early Feb to coincide with Ratatouille opening at Epcot?

This might be speculation (if so please remove) but the Disney Magic Kingdoms game teased that the update after the upcoming one on Tuesday (think it will be towards late January) will add Ratatouille content. They usually time adding new collections with releases, the last update had Mandolorian content to coincide with the new season of the show. There is a slight chance that they could be adding a Ratatouille update late Jan/early Feb to coincide with Ratatouille opening at Epcot?
IDK
But aside from Epcot Ratatouille has been in the pop culture eye as of late due to the tik Tok musical

A lot of time with that game, they have their releases timed and planned well in advance. I think they were planning to release the Rat characters now regardless, especially since it’s a 3rd party game and not 100% Disney. They do try to link up a bit, but I don’t think it’s going to mesh with the opening of the ride.

LiterallyNobody at WDWMagic says that Fantasmic will be returning by February with social distancing.
That may not be happening as Magic Feather posted saying.

concerns about bringing back Fantasmic! that I've seen have to do with cast, not guests.

I am way behind on podcasts but was listening to the Disney Dish with Jim Hill and Len Testa. They were discussing a survey asking guests about new resort amenities. One thing that was really interesting was the questions regarding nighttime entertainment or shows at the resorts. This involved "atriums coming to life" projections, effects, lighting, small shows on water ways, etc. I thought this was a really interesting concept. Imagine a show of sort in AKL or WL with aspects of that lobby coming to life.

I am way behind on podcasts but was listening to the Disney Dish with Jim Hill and Len Testa. They were discussing a survey asking guests about new resort amenities. One thing that was really interesting was the questions regarding nighttime entertainment or shows at the resorts. This involved "atriums coming to life" projections, effects, lighting, small shows on water ways, etc. I thought this was a really interesting concept. Imagine a show of sort in AKL or WL with aspects of that lobby coming to life.

Definitely seems like they are trying to think of things to attract people to stay at the resorts - wonder if this is just termporary or if they are worried going forward long term. Also if things that used to be benfits (EMHs, 60 day FP+, etc.) are not going to be available for a long time then

Definitely seems like they are trying to think of things to attract people to stay at the resorts - wonder if this is just termporary or if they are worried going forward long term. Also if things that used to be benfits (EMHs, 60 day FP+, etc.) are not going to be available for a long time then

Just like how the Dining Plan was born out of 9/11. Maybe resort additions/overlays/entertainment will be born out of the Pandemic? Disney will have to do something to get people coming back especially with the economy and the cost of a night's stay and a day at the parks.

Once the majority of people are vaccinated and travel opens back up (April/May?) I expect to see a ton of packages and deals flying out the door to get people to start coming back.

While these suggestions seem cool, am I the only one to recognize that none of them involve performers, or people in any way? These entertainment options all involve computers and projectors, water curtains on barges - all run from a control booth with one person. If you disagree, then reply with the number of the 32K need to be brought back to put this on?

While these suggestions seem cool, am I the only one to recognize that none of them involve performers, or people in any way? These entertainment options all involve computers and projectors, water curtains on barges - all run from a control booth with one person. If you disagree, then reply with the number of the 32K need to be brought back to put this on?
No, you weren’t the only one to notice. So much of what Disney does these days it’s about eliminating the labor involved in what they offer.

True, although these specific items would be new, so even if not utilziing a ton of employees to execute each night it is still more than is required to execute the current night time entertainment at resorts (of zero). Plus they need to be developed and programmed, etc. and while not traditional performers it is artistic people that do a lot of the creating and if music is involved, etc. Again, these are new things being created so more employment than if they did nothing

But I think people are kidding themselves if they think at 32,000 jobs at Disney that have been ended will be brought back. Question is how many are replace between 0 and 32,000?

None of them - im sure clever MBA’s have worked out all the details. Because the MBA’s are programmed to think Brand vs Product. Like owning a Coach handbag its the association with tge BRAND that counts. I need a picture of Aiden and Mikayla at Disney on my instagram. Ratger than enjoying the visit

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter