The Rumor Tracking Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
While these suggestions seem cool, am I the only one to recognize that none of them involve performers, or people in any way? These entertainment options all involve computers and projectors, water curtains on barges - all run from a control booth with one person. If you disagree, then reply with the number of the 32K need to be brought back to put this on?

The other day I randomly put on the old MK stage show ‘Twas the Night Before Christmas on YouTube for my daughter and I couldn’t believe the number of actors in the performance. In addition there was a pit orchestra! Could you imagine.

Its weird to think there are so few live performers, even before layoffs. Makes me sad for my kids who won’t get to experience awesome stage shows like the Disney cartoon stage show (featuring Tail Spin, Darkwing Duck, etc) I remember seeing at MK.

While these suggestions seem cool, am I the only one to recognize that none of them involve performers, or people in any way? These entertainment options all involve computers and projectors, water curtains on barges - all run from a control booth with one person. If you disagree, then reply with the number of the 32K need to be brought back to put this on?

True, but I doubt these new automated offerings will "jeopardize" the jobs of the 32K.

So in the long run, these additions may very well stay for all to enjoy-long after the 32K are back.

Out of chaos comes opportunity.

That would be cool but also outrage everyone here probably. Lol

C0j.gif

That rumor is sort of old at this point but I guess we have to wait and see. I’m very skeptical of that one.
So it's an old rumor then. Today was the first time I had heard it. I'm hoping it isn't true. I'm not sure how much work they have to do yet but I was really hoping it would be done enough for the railroad to be open when we go on our trip.

I didn’t hear October specifically initially just that it would take a hiatus for a few months
Also heard toy story restaurant was on indefinite hiatus possibly on the chopping block
Well the building is up so hard to cut it. Though yes it’s on hold.

I didn’t hear October specifically initially just that it would take a hiatus for a few months
Also heard toy story restaurant was on indefinite hiatus possibly on the chopping block
No way the toy story restaurant doesn’t get built at some point in the next couple years. They may tinker, they always do when a project is suspended, but they need the dining capacity.

Any truth to the rumor I just heard that work on Tron will stop at the end of the year and not pick back up again until next October?
Maybe it stops, I’d actually understand that, but as vaccines go into arms next year, I have a hunch WDW will go from slow to busy to crazy to absolutely nuts in a matter of maybe 10 weeks, and suddenly every construction project that is shovel ready (or in this case mostly built) will start moving forward rapidly.

Maybe it stops, I’d actually understand that, but as vaccines go into arms next year, I have a hunch WDW will go from slow to busy to crazy to absolutely nuts in a matter of maybe 10 weeks, and suddenly every construction project that is shovel ready (or in this case mostly built) will start moving forward rapidly.
I’m betting on Roaring Twenties post-vaccine

Len Testa from the Unofficial Guide/Touring Plans hinted that the buy 4 day tickets and get 2 days free may be an "introductory offer" and more ticket deals are likely during 2021 with demand being soft thus far on Monday's Disney Dish.

Im gonna go out on a limb and say that we will see 4 park magic tickets return.

Len Testa from the Unofficial Guide/Touring Plans hinted that the buy 4 day tickets and get 2 days free may be an "introductory offer" and more ticket deals are likely during 2021 with demand being soft thus far on Monday's Disney Dish.

Im gonna go out on a limb and say that we will see 4 park magic tickets return.
Makes sense with resort bookings still low. They need to entice people to stay on property and ticket discounts are the way to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter