The Rumor Tracking Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
While I enjoy the train ride to Planetwatch -- it seems like a big "waste" of space. There just needs to be more to do/see at the end of the train ride.

So .. because of that space .. I could see them repurposing that area .. but hopefully Dinoland, USA goes under the knife first. :)

Dinoland was meant to be temporary or at least not what it became due to money. I feel Dinosaur the ride does fit the vision but the surround land does not. They can and should keep the prehistoric aspect IMO.

Zootopia will NEVER fit in my eyes. You cannot convince me otherwise.
But, But, But.... We could have Zootopia Whirl.... Oh yeah, they shipped off the ride vehicles... :duck:

Zootopia & Baymax are IPs reported to be in play! Or at least pre covid they were
As far as Zootopia in DAK I have a gut feeling if the industry has stabilized by April 2023 Zootopia or another IP will be announced to replace Dinoland during the Animal Kingdom 25th anniversary festivities

Dinoland absolutely needs to go. I love Dinosaur, but that area is in BAD shape. I was embarrassed for Disney walking through there in August.

If they kill Dinoland, I hope they replace it with with something that appeals to little kids/doesn’t have height requirements, etc

Most rides at AK have a height requirement. My kids are now starting to reach ride heights, but when they were littler there just wasn’t much for them to do while waiting for everyone else to do Dinosaur, Everest, FOP, Kali, etc. We’d all do the safari, shows and trails together as a large group, but Dinoland really helped us keep the littles busy while others went on the things they couldn’t do. Triceratop Spin, lots of time playing in the Boneyard, playing games, etc. I don’t think Dinoland is perfect by any means, but I do think it fills a need. If it changes, I hope they include a few things specifically for the younger set there.

Last edited:
While I enjoy the train ride to Planetwatch -- it seems like a big "waste" of space. There just needs to be more to do/see at the end of the train ride.

So .. because of that space .. I could see them repurposing that area .. but hopefully Dinoland, USA goes under the knife first. :)

Agreed. They should start doing that animal show again featuring the pigs (It all started with a pig). Or maybe brand new show starring the pigs.

If they kill Dinoland, I hope they replace it with with something that appeals to little kids/doesn’t have height requirements, etc

Most rides at AK have a height requirement. My kids are now starting to reach ride heights, but when they were littler there just wasn’t much for them to do while waiting for everyone else to do Dinosaur, Everest, FOP, Kali, etc. We’d all do the safari, shows and trails together as a large group, but Dinoland really helped us keep the littles busy while others went on the things they couldn’t do. Triceratop Spin, lots of time playing in the Boneyard, playing games, etc. I don’t think Dinoland is perfect by any means, but I do think it fills a need. If it changes, I hope they include a few things specifically for the younger set there.

I think a Paradise falls area where Dinoland is would be perfect for adults and children. You can retheme Dinosaur as a ride trying to save Kevin. And then you can have family based rides where Chester and Hesters is. It would be difficult to do the mountains and cliffs in a confined area that wouldn’t be an eye sore throughout the park, but I definitely think it could be done. Only issue is other than Dug, Alpha, Beta, Gamma, and Kevin, there aren’t many animals in the film. As much as I love Indiana Jones, and would love more than just the stunt show, putting that property in AK is for me what putting Zootopia in the park is to others in here.

I think a Paradise falls area where Dinoland is would be perfect for adults and children. You can retheme Dinosaur as a ride trying to save Kevin. And then you can have family based rides where Chester and Hesters is. It would be difficult to do the mountains and cliffs in a confined area that wouldn’t be an eye sore throughout the park, but I definitely think it could be done. Only issue is other than Dug, Alpha, Beta, Gamma, and Kevin, there aren’t many animals in the film. As much as I love Indiana Jones, and would love more than just the stunt show, putting that property in AK is for me what putting Zootopia in the park is to others in here.

I always thought a South America theme for the area fit well, and then you could have Paradise Falls as part of it. Then you could largely do like Rain Forest areas and the animals that live that (brids, reptiles, etc.) - and most of them won't need access to the savanna like the big animals do so easier to do there as it doesn't have direct access to the savanna

I still like the idea of Dinoland, even as a roadside attraction - it could just use a little sprucing up, especially without Primevil Whirl. I would definitely make some changes to it, but keep the general theme.
Yeah I don’t really want Dinoland to go. Definitely update and change it a bit but prehistoric animals still have a place in the animal kingdom.

I always thought a South America theme for the area fit well, and then you could have Paradise Falls as part of it. Then you could largely do like Rain Forest areas and the animals that live that (brids, reptiles, etc.) - and most of them won't need access to the savanna like the big animals do so easier to do there as it doesn't have direct access to the savanna

They should definitely do a Rain Forest type situation in the park, not necessarily Dinoland spot. You don't even need to tie it into a movie, can still be themed to adults and children, they just need to be creative.
They could build an awesome playground/treehouse type of structure. Have it "rain" on and off throughout day. Have a "glider through the trees" type ride...

Exotic insects exhibit... 😲

I don't recall any, or at least a significant presence of, aquatic animals at AK (sans FoP).

If I broaden the definition that AK should be representative of a world's animal population, then why is this ignored? Obviously, they probably don't want to compete against SW, but then I could say the same thing about Dino vs. JP at Uni.

They should definitely do a Rain Forest type situation in the park, not necessarily Dinoland spot. You don't even need to tie it into a movie, can still be themed to adults and children, they just need to be creative.
They could build an awesome playground/treehouse type of structure. Have it "rain" on and off throughout day. Have a "glider through the trees" type ride...

Exotic insects exhibit... 😲

I pick your idea.

Yeah I don’t really want Dinoland to go. Definitely update and change it a bit but prehistoric animals still have a place in the animal kingdom.

They need to put something in place of Primeval Whirl - maybe something a little better than that was. It has a good sized footprint, so maybe even a small building.

I don't recall any, or at least a significant presence of, aquatic animals at AK (sans FoP).

If I broaden the definition that AK should be representative of a world's animal population, then why is this ignored? Obviously, they probably don't want to compete against SW, but then I could say the same thing about Dino vs. JP at Uni.

Water based animals confined in tanks isn’t a very smart PR move. At least the bigger ones. They do have smaller fish. But there’s also a distinct tackiness that goes with those types of tanks and pools like Seaworld has. It works there because that’s their schtick, but if you place huge tanks in AK, it’s going to stick out like a sore thumb. The sanctuary’s that hold the animals at AK have an organic look to them

They do have the Seas pavilion at Epcot, which predates AK. They probably didn't see the need for a second giant aquarium.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter