The Rumor Tracking Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any word about the Rey casting call rumors? I know in a recent thing she was a part of a show in DHS. Any word on if she might become a meet and greet character? I love Rey and would love to meet her in the parks. Thanks in advance!
No I believe the casting call was just for the special event at DHS. I don't think she will become meetable.

He said by the mid 2020s.
Sooooo, 7-9 years! Wow. With that lead time, theis certainly should be an amazing ride! Heck, Ryan, you may even get to work on it if you happen to get in as an Imagineer after college...heck, after your Masters for that matter. @lockedoutlogic come on, please play along with me on this one. 9 year lead time for a RIDE?!?!

Sooooo, 7-9 years! Wow. With that lead time, theis certainly should be an amazing ride! Heck, Ryan, you may even get to work on it if you happen to get in as an Imagineer after college...heck, after your Masters for that matter. @lockedoutlogic come on, please play along with me on this one. 9 year lead time for a RIDE?!?!

...he can probably do a 20 in the Air Force, get a cushy job with Boeing or Lockheed, retire...and then work for disney and still be in the initial planning phase :)

9 years at the rates we pay is simply unacceptable.

...he can probably do a 20 in the Air Force, get a cushy job with Boeing or Lockheed, retire...and then work for disney and still be in the initial planning phase :)

9 years at the rates we pay is simply unacceptable.
If they are serious about doing something for 50, then get it done, but please don't have "plans" for a single ride 9 years out. And to have some people think it's great is simply unacceptable. For the work that needs to get done in MK to just freshen/update rides/lands, they need to get crackin'.

As sad as this is, this goes back to the Eisner days when they raised prices just because they could. At some point people need to say, "No mas!" Sadly, I've already sunk my money in APs and some vouchers a few years ago, so I'm partially protected (meals are costly as hell) but I've stopped buying stuff there at least.

If they are serious about doing something for 50, then get it done, but please don't have "plans" for a single ride 9 years out. And to have some people think it's great is simply unacceptable. For the work that needs to get done in MK to just freshen/update rides/lands, they need to get crackin'.

As sad as this is, this goes back to the Eisner days when they raised prices just because they could. At some point people need to say, "No mas!" Sadly, I've already sunk my money in APs and some vouchers a few years ago, so I'm partially protected (meals are costly as hell) but I've stopped buying stuff there at least.

I was in that regime...and this is FAR Worse now for eroding quality...even in the late mad Eisner days.

This is exploiting the quality of the experience to boost stock price for a retiring suit. That is all. There's nobody to stop it anymore. Sometimes simple facts will do.

Last edited:
As sad as this is, this goes back to the Eisner days when they raised prices just because they could.
Eisner came in and one of the first thing he did was raise prices, not because he could but because Disney parks were found to be under priced. Now price increases are a bit different than that.

Eisner came in and one of the first thing he did was raise prices, not because he could but because Disney parks were found to be under priced. Now price increases are a bit different than that.
You say underpriced, I read that same book (thanks again for the name) and got that it was to boost revenues and stock prices (though that last part was not explicitly stated) because before he got there Disney was hurting financially. They realized that parks and animation were their bread and butter and so went ahead and made decisions to make as much money off of those as possible.

I will agree that this is all short-term for the benefit for Bobby I and that the quality is eroding but I won't take back the part where they are doing this because they can...and we let them.

You say underpriced, I read that same book (thanks again for the name) and got that it was to boost revenues and stock prices (though that last part was not explicitly stated) because before he got there Disney was hurting financially. They realized that parks and animation were their bread and butter and so went ahead and made decisions to make as much money off of those as possible.

I will agree that this is all short-term for the benefit for Bobby I and that the quality is eroding but I won't take back the part where they are doing this because they can...and we let them.

That is my take...and disney analysis is a "bit"'of a hobby of mine for a few decades or so...

This might seem like a silly or dumb question, but can we expect really any new rides or eaterys in the parks (non DS) outside toy story land and Star Wars land before 2020?? It just feels like it could be easy to get short changed before the 50th

This might seem like a silly or dumb question, but can we expect really any new rides or eaterys in the parks (non DS) outside toy story land and Star Wars land before 2020?? It just feels like it could be easy to get short changed before the 50th

Absolutely not a silly question...

One of the most reasonable ones I've seen around here in forever.

The answer...is a resounding no, it's likely you won't receive anything else new.

Nobody is paying attention to the deliberate foot dragging they take with construction. That is entirley about diluting numbers on the ledger for wall
Street.

And...the next "big thing" is reworking the transportation/road system from 1970 around the magic kingdom. It's happening...and while necessary, doesn't mean they're in the mood to
Spend.

We shall see...it's now halfway through 2017...and yet there's all this finger crossing about them somehow moving mountains before 2021...

...based on what, exaclty? Where's the faith in that?

just to keep this up do date....

Spirit update:
Star wars Boutique hotel is in works, but no time soon.
HM eatery is coming, no details yet on if it is QS of FS or where in WDW MK it will sit.
No to FM in WDW MK. Not going to happen.

They recently announced a new "in room" package you can get that is star wars related. It takes you on a mission from you room, to Hollywood Studios, and back to then open a special box once you have the key. Maybe a precursor to the star wars hotel, or could be all the rumor will turn out to be.

Absolutely not a silly question...

One of the most reasonable ones I've seen around here in forever.

The answer...is a resounding no, it's likely you won't receive anything else new.

Nobody is paying attention to the deliberate foot dragging they take with construction. That is entirley about diluting numbers on the ledger for wall
Street.

And...the next "big thing" is reworking the transportation/road system from 1970 around the magic kingdom. It's happening...and while necessary, doesn't mean they're in the mood to
Spend.

We shall see...it's now halfway through 2017...and yet there's all this finger crossing about them somehow moving mountains before 2021...

...based on what, exaclty? Where's the faith in that?
Does seem to be a whole lot "proposed" in a short amount of time.

I need to go back and dig through, but I believe for 2020 we only have a few major items expected - that being SWE, TSL and I think Mickey ride in DHS. I also believe they were expecting Rat ride in Epcot by 2020ish.

Well you have the GMR which is supposed to change and then open in 2019. That's really the only one. I sure we will see some restaurant refurbs in that time but likely not anything new.

I think they will continue tinkering...but I wouldn't expect any significant attractions.

And that's my main rub...they've abandoned the tried and true disney/Eisner method of just putting something together, building it over 18-24 months, and opening it.

It's all about 5 years of hype, painful lack of commitment to accomplishment, and misdirection over the impact.

I always think of splash and tower...just built it, and opened it. And one day you walked in to the park and had a new classic that made you want to book the next trip.

I think they will continue tinkering...but I wouldn't expect any significant attractions.

And that's my main rub...they've abandoned the tried and true disney/Eisner method of just putting something together, building it over 18-24 months, and opening it.

It's all about 5 years of hype, painful lack of commitment to accomplishment, and misdirection over the impact.

I always think of splash and tower...just built it, and opened it. And one day you walked in to the park and had a new classic that made you want to book the next trip.
Yes but you didn't have the internet craze when those were built either. Social media wasn't a thing nor was the disboards. I think that's played a big role in how Disney operates.

Yes but you didn't have the internet craze when those were built either. Social media wasn't a thing nor was the disboards. I think that's played a big role in how Disney operates.

No...I concede that...it is a different world of hype.

But a calendar is still a calendar. Times is constant.

Look, here's where we are: the avatar thing is gonna be GREAT.

Why? Because the place is overcrowded, underequipped, and the peeps are desperate for anything new.

So I'm gonna see tons of praise for rousing success...I have no doubt.

But...maybe in a year or so...after the dust settles...are we gonna look at that - admittedly a reach for "popular" IP - and think: "7 years for that? What could have been done across property for a billion in that amount of time?"

No...I concede that...it is a different world of hype.

But a calendar is still a calendar. Times is constant.

Look, here's where we are: the avatar thing is gonna be GREAT.

Why? Because the place is overcrowded, underequipped, and the peeps are desperate for anything new.

So I'm gonna see tons of praise for rousing success...I have no doubt.

But...maybe in a year or so...after the dust settles...are we gonna look at that - admittedly a reach for "popular" IP - and think: "7 years for that? What could have been done across property for a billion in that amount of time?"

Well and to a point I agree. I am really excited about Pandora. It looks like it is going to be great. But I am also just seeing how quickly they are working on Toy Story land and Star Wars land. The trun around between groundbreaking and opening day. It's quick and that is for a whole land. There is no reason those should be the only new things to pop up in a 5 year period. I mean also FEA sure and MAYBE a GMR overhaul? and like Pizzarizzo was made from Pizza Planet. Something about that is strange to me. Especially when they are taking needed time on refurb, why not put some man power in new attractions etc. Why do things like isolate Moana to One Man's Dream? Why leave Tony's the way it is? Why NOT add a Fire mountain?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter