The Rumor Tracking Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's easy to cross the fine line from skeptic to contrary. Draw your own conclusions and set your own expectations. If you find you're moving the goalposts to validate your feelings, good or bad, then maybe rethink things a little bit.

Just to make sure you can spot "the goal posts"...

1. Lack of reinvestment
2. Too much price increase

...the kick is up...

1. Lack of reinvestment

...the kick is up...

and I can't really speak to that. I started visiting the parks again in 2015 and hadnt been since 2002? 2003? somewhere in there. But I am starting to understand better. My dad told me the other night that some people want to boycott disney because of Iger's involvement in the Trump advisory thingy. I was like 1. you should probably have people who have actual business background on that panel. Trying to get rid of people to help trump is counterproductive because then we are still.. anyway politics whatever. But also being anti unions and all this stuff that doesnt belong on this thread.
But then I was like, Dad, DISNEY FANS aren't that big into Iger, and he is pretty much on his way out anyway. If we haven't boycotted him yet, it's not going to happen now because we care more about Disney then some CEO that is only there a handful of years.

Anyway my point is...Disney is already getting better at this and Iger isn't even gone yet. So, optimistically, there's a great big beautiful tomorrow right? :hippie:

seems strange they would take good park expanding space and use it for a resort
Definitely a strange choice if they go ahead for that location. Unless they combine the rumored Fire Mountain style coaster with a resort using the same mountain. That'd be something different.

1. Lack of reinvestment

...the kick is up...

People spent tons of money and went multiple times per year anyway. But the reinvestment comes forth. In my mind, I have a sense of what they should do at minimum. If they make it through more than that on this list before the 50th then that's even better. But at the end of the day, very few are going to agree on what those things are. It's too bad none of us get paid the big bucks to decide that.

Latest updates.....

Rumors flying thanks to the Rock - that Jungle cruise will get an update or refurb - no details yet.
Martin at WDWMagic.com has confirmed that MK will get an E to an E+- timings I need to confirm.
Martin also stated the following will get some work and refreshes for the 50th - CoP, Rockets, People mover and Speedway - said one could be a rebuild and replace.

Tiki room to close per Spirit at WDWMagic.com - one rumor has Stitch moving there but he blew that out of the water.

They should just serve Dole Whip in the lineup of the Tiki Room and that'll get people in there.

Update on Epcot......
Per Martin at WDWMagic.com - Epcot priorities are likely to change...

Rat is moving forward quicker as are some other WS work - FW is being delayed more.

Festival fodder. They can make festivals all year long and pull in the money so long as WS doesn't fall apart, but FW can be patched and limped into negligence because they aren't as important. Depressing.

Festival fodder. They can make festivals all year long and pull in the money so long as WS doesn't fall apart, but FW can be patched and limped into negligence because they aren't as important. Depressing.

Very disappointing. I don't care if they put a princess in every pavilion but dang can't FW get some love?

Very disappointing. I don't care if they put a princess in every pavilion but dang can't FW get some love?
Patience, Rome was not rebuilt in a day. I do think the enhancements will be done, I think they want to stress the WS work first, as it may be easier to do.

More and more I hear, the key with UoE is the ride they want to put there, and the fact the structure was not set for that type of ride.

More and more I hear, the key with UoE is the ride they want to put there, and the fact the structure was not set for that type of ride.

I've seen that mentioned around here too. There are other areas that need something even more than UoE, like Innoventions. I'm definitely in favor of getting attractions done right but I guess they're just going with the "snowball" method.

Maybe they realize what a mess FW is and want it to be some grand unveiling?
anyone?
bueller?

Maybe they realize what a mess FW is and want it to be some grand unveiling?
anyone?
bueller?

More than that I think it could be they realize it can't be / shouldn't be something done piecemeal - so pushing it of until they can do it all/most at once .... so get WS updated with some new stuff that can be done faster and then tackle the bigger project rather than have both under construction at the same time

More than that I think it could be they realize it can't be / shouldn't be something done piecemeal - so pushing it of until they can do it all/most at once .... so get WS updated with some new stuff that can be done faster and then tackle the bigger project rather than have both under construction at the same time
that makes sense. they cant be doing everything at FW at once if WS doesnt get some updates or Epcot will become a ghost town pretty quickly, or worse, the festivals will shoehorn everyone into one part of the park...WITHOUT rides to put them on and activities to spread them out

My guess is it is a combination of both.
1) I think there is some type of plan to revamp FW, and make it fit.
2) There is a dire need to get more attractions in place, so SWE and such are not totally swamped.

Thus the move of focus onto what can be done quickly - so Rat vs. BatB and WS vs. FW.

We already have confirmation of Mission Space getting an update, that might signal some of the minor work getting done in FW in some more quick timings as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter