• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The Running Thread - 2018

You should still run it at an easy pace! I'm doing W&D too, but just taking both races at easy pace. They're just tune-up runs for me.

That’s what I was going to do but some different things have come up and it doesn’t work for me. I actually held my hotel reservation until this week trying to decide about going.

I’m hoping they do the rush registration again next year bc I love that race. Was my first marathon. :)

ATTQOTD: Since Friday (and TGIF everybody, btw) launches the weekend: 4 miles this evening, 12 miles Saturday, 6 miles Sunday. It can't possibly go any worse than last weekend. o_O

ATTQOTD: Last week was a bust due to vacation, this week I did 4x 6 miles each day at lunch. So today is a recovery day, tomorrow doing 10ish, then tapering for my HM next saturday.

To bring it back to pizza...anyone try a pickle pizza?? They seem to be all the rage here lately. All of the local restaurants are trying to stake their claim on the best pickle pizza. I haven't had one yet, but they actually look really tasty and would probably make an excellent post race meal (with beer of course)!

To bring it back to pizza...anyone try a pickle pizza?? They seem to be all the rage here lately. All of the local restaurants are trying to stake their claim on the best pickle pizza. I haven't had one yet, but they actually look really tasty and would probably make an excellent post race meal (with beer of course)!

Wait, what? Is that like fried pickles on the pizza or just normal pickle slices? If it were fried pickles and came with a side of ranch I would be the first in line to try it!

0AB7599A-8526-4145-9AAA-C03E643CCA51.jpeg

My husband did after a marathon a few weeks ago and loved it. They had a craft beer fest with food trucks at the finish line and one had the pickle pizza. Not for me though!

(ETA a pic)

Pickles on pizza? Hmmm....I like pickles and I like pizza. I'd give it a shot, but it has to have pepperoni too. And no weird drizzly sauces. Just give me standard sauce and cheese.

Wow....we must live in entirely different MI dimensions, cause I have never seen that. That said, I'd give it a go. Pickle soup is awesome, why not pickle pizza.

The popular ones seem to have pickles, garlic, ranch, cheese, and sometimes bacon.

The problem I see is that pickles are generally served cold and pizza is served hot. Let me add I am a big fan of cold pizza, but it was still hot at one point.

We call them "pizza bones" ...

We do too and that's what I almost typed, but I wasn't sure how common the term was.

While we're still on pizza, my favorite new topping is caramelized onions.

I haven't tried it, but I'm guessing they go with pepperoni, pickles, OR pineapple!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter