The Running Thread - 2019

I know! You can count it as a Disney PR. I figured the only other place I'd even seen the girl chipmunk was in Tokyo and stopping for longer than I wanted was going to be better than booking an expensive trip to Japan. :)
Looking back we should have gone "all in" on our long finish time and added even more pic stops leading up to it.

As I knew it would be an automatic PR, I did not care about the lines except that one was so long I was worried my legs would forget how to move.
If I believe the garmin's 'moving time' vs race time, I spent 34 minutes taking photos and stopping to potty. I think I could do better than 34 minutes, but I didn't love all the characters enough to miss a 7DMT FP. I will plan better next time!

ATTQOTD: As @rteetz said, I don’t consider what I do anymore crazy than training/practice for any other sport.

As for other people, if I’m doing something that they think is crazy they’ve been good about not saying anything to me. The comments I get usually involve words like dedicated or disciplined.

ATTQOTD: Yes, I am absolutely crazy.
Comments include:
"You're running on vacation?!" (That one came from my husband literally last week, you think he would be used to this by now.)
"You ran how far??"
"Wait, you just ran *here*?!"
"Isn't it too hot to run??"

But I can't find a good therapist in town, so I guess I'll just keep running.

SIDE NOTE: TODAY IS THE DAY OF OUR BOOZE GODS IN 2019 THAT GRANT US THE PRIVILEGE TO HAVE @rteetz FINALLY BUY US BOOZE!!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY PANDA!!!!!

giphy.gif

I've been told I'm crazy for running a marathon. Though they generally think I'm crazy for being such a big Disney fan anyway. I even had a friend who couldn't believe what I paid for Dopey registration this year. He's a big wine aficionado so I asked him how much he spends on wine every year. We're all crazy in some way. I think once I did my first marathon, people have been more supportive of what I'm doing. I think it was just so unlike me that they were surprised by it. And I was told I was crazy for doing the marathon without doing a 10k or half first.

ATTQOTD: I don't think it is crazy at all. If it is something you love and that makes you feel good do it. My husband thought I was nuts when I started heading out the door at 4 and 5 am for runs before work. I liked doing that, and I am looking forward to getting to do that again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter