The Running Thread - 2019

But I'd still go back to the Nimbus if they can get their toe box back.

I've heard they fixed that issue with the Cumulus 21's, so maybe Nimbus is next? I haven't tried them yet though...

ATTQOTD:

I would like to try a run streak sometime when I'm not training for something, but realistically, I really like my rest days. :-)

I'm not sure what info you're looking for on the sock liner. I was just pulling some sock liners last night for my PT to modify for me today and as best I could tell, the Ghost 10 and Glycerin 15 were using the same sock liner.

I wasn't familiar with the term 'sock liner'. I've always called them insoles. The Glycerin page mentioned sock liners and the Ghost page didn't so I wondered what it was.

Thanks everyone for the input! Part of the issue is my current Ghosts are at the end of their miles, and all the running stores are 40 miles away

ATTQOTD: I am currently on day 41 of my current Run Streak that I started on May 1st. This is my 4th or 5th time doing a Run Streak, which entails running at least one mile a day (sorry that some people on this thread think that doesn't count, but okay.) I have also done a Margarita Streak twice, because Margaritas.

And now coach has brought them together in a fun way making a training plan run streak for margaritas training plan! You keep running and I'll keep buying! :drinking1:drinking1:drinking1:drinking1:drinking1

QOTD-Have you ever participated in a Run Streak or running related streak? Perhaps it's running each day, or running a half marathon each month, or running the same event every year, or being perfectly Goofy, or something else.
Tell us about your "streak", how you started it, and how long you've been doing it.
ATTQOTD: Since I am not currently training for a specific race I decided to try streaking to shake things up a bit.
I'm doing at least 1 mile everyday....inspired by @jennamfeo .
While I agree the mile threshold is a bit short, on the days that I am "only" running a mile I use it as an opportunity to up my heart rate and run a mile much faster than i would if I was running higher mileage.
Any run is a good run in my opinion, and running fast (or faster) for a mile is just plane fun.

My body could never take a streak...of any mileage. On a related note, the craziest "streaker" that I saw was a guy I passed during Boston 2011. He had a sign on his back saying that he had a streak that had gone on for several years--only interrupted by the day or two in the hospital after he had his heart attack! (I mean, come on people!)

Like jenna, I am also currently on a run streak.

I am on day...46 (once I run today).

Mainly I do my training plan and throw in 1- or 2-milers on the 'off' days run at a very lazy pace. I actually kind of prefer it over a total rest day, because I feel it is a good shakedown for my legs and loosens me up.

This is my first time doing one and I am enjoying it. I am faster than ever before, but I am also heavier than ever before (ok, it's like 5 pounds over my normal weight) since I can't seem to get my eating under control (it's summer, I need ice cream!). I can't really blame that entirely on the run streak though.

Welcome back @LSUlakes ....hope you guys had a great time.

I'm in the middle of trying something "new" to me and it's running related- A Run Streak. The goal is to run at least a mile each and every day from Memorial Day to 4th of July. So I'll jump in with today's Question of the Day with.

QOTD-Have you ever participated in a Run Streak or running related streak? Perhaps it's running each day, or running a half marathon each month, or running the same event every year, or being perfectly Goofy, or something else.
Tell us about your "streak", how you started it, and how long you've been doing it.

I've considered a running streak....but I've decided I'm too OCD to commit to it. I usually have trouble making myself take a day off, so I think it would be a bad idea. I'm not running every day, but between tennis and running, I am usually doing one or the other or both every day. I try to make myself take one day off per week from both of those, but it often doesn't happen.

Usually the motivation for a running streak is to keep you active, and I don't feel like I need that.

I haven't considered a "streak" other than in the form of "run x miles" per day, and that intrigues me.

Brazen, the folks who do a bunch of local races in the SFBA, provide coolers of It's-It ice cream sandwiches in the post-race snack area. They're a local brand with ice cream (various flavors available - vanilla, strawberry, mint, cappuccino, etc.) between oatmeal cookies, then dipped in chocolate.

I actually haven't hit any of their summer races before, but I'm signed up for Summer Breeze in early August...

@Kazrak — Summer Breeze in early August in the Bay Area is going to be my very first half marathon! (I live on the Peninsula and wanted to do something nearby and flat.)

Participating in my first ever run streak right now! Running every day of June. So far so good too.

I am now entering my first Full Marathon training cycle. After a bit of rest, I will be starting at week 3 of a 16 weeks plan. While I expect June and July to be simple in terms of schedule, I am greatly questioning how I will be able to run the proper volume during the two weeks of my California vacation.

Any suggestions for the following?
Sunday Aug 4 (110 min): Registered to Double 8k at Crissy Field in San Francisco so, ok!
Tuesday Aug 6 (80 min): Staying in Downtown San Francisco. Is it safe to run alone? Route?
Thursday Aug 8 (75 min): Will be in Yosemite. I might consider hiking/running when flat an ok substitute.
Saturday Aug 10 (40 min): Big driving day. Might squeeze a small run while exploring Monterey.
Sunday Aug 11 (over 2 hours): Driving from Monterey to Cambria and wanting to enjoy... No idea how to fit a run in.
Tuesday Aug 13 (75 min): Staying in Venice Beach. Is it safe to run alone? Route?
Thursday Aug 15 (90 min): Disneyland. Route ideas? I doubt that one will happen.
Saturday Aug 17 (30 min): Disneyland. Route ideas? I doubt that one will happen.
Sunday Aug 18 (over 2 hours): Flying home, I will catchup that long run during the week.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter