The Running Thread - 2019

Wow! Got a few days behind and missed A LOT.

I'm honestly not sure if it's a good thing or a bad thing how often I get on here to catch up and read something that I apparently should have already known (regarding news headlines, etc). I'll read something on here, look up at my husband and ask about it. Then I get the eye roll and the "uh duh, that was last week's news" type response :confused3.

I'll just jump in about the exciting news from @run.minnie.miles:

Congratulations! I made it through the first trimester running with my second pregnancy before a non related pregnancy issue (that tends to be greatly aggravated when pregnant) arose and I had to stop. So I'm of no real help with that.

CONGRATS!! I have zero advice on the running part for you, but once the baby comes and you get back to running, buy a Bob stroller! They are awesome. If you live in a highly populated area you could easily find a used one on some so

I will add that I wish we had done this. There were so many times after my second that I wanted to go run but couldn't unless I took him with me. But we never did invest in a jogging stroller.

also leave my kids home with their dad. It's my regain my sanity alone time. Ha!

But I also second this. Those times I could go were wonderful and just what I needed to keep my sanity at times.

Side note & life update: I'm on week 2 of no running. I'm fairly certain I have "runner's knee" and now I've aggravated it even more by managing to hit a post (twice) right on my knee cap. I've still been doing other workouts that focus on upper body so that I'm still doing something. I have a week long conference next week and plan to take advantage of the fitness center and hopefully the bike. Then the next week is Disney (resort time only) so I'll be in the pool ;).
DS and I still plan to do at least one of the resort fun runs but since he's more of a walker than a runner, I'm not worried.

I love Disney candles. My current favorite place to order from is Wishes Candle Co. They do sales all the time and have a trading pin in the candle that you find when you burn it. They are scrappers but my daughter likes to put them on her backpack and it's just an extra fun little surprise. My favorite scents so far are The Grand, Have a Nice Flight and The Great Wilderness.

All those in the path of Barry, stay safe!

View attachment 416713

I know my spelling is bad, so its possible that I typed something incorrect lol.

I can type in cajun accent. How bout dem candles you can get from dat online store sha!?!?! Them there smell like dat Mickey Mouse place we like. lol
Maybe next week FFQOTD could be for everyone to tell us the most cajun thing they have ever heard another person say IRL. For those that did DATW after the marathon, you should have plenty of good stuff from about the time we passed Japan...
I made a jambalaya at work for staff meal with our homemade Tasso, shared on Instagram and was called a honorary coon*** by a Cajun dude I know. Thats the most Cajun thing I have heard.

I love Disney candles. My current favorite place to order from is Wishes Candle Co. They do sales all the time and have a trading pin in the candle that you find when you burn it. They are scrappers but my daughter likes to put them on her backpack and it's just an extra fun little surprise. My favorite scents so far are The Grand, Have a Nice Flight and The Great Wilderness.
SOLD!
If I can't get beach club as an air freshener, I might as well get a scrapper pin!

I don’t have any Disney candles yet, but it’s probably just a matter of time. I can see myself getting Pirates and now I’m intrigued by the Beach Club.

If any of you in Louisiana get flooded out, you’re always welcome at my place in Dallas.

Quick report and lots of photos from Jupiter Peak Steeplechase. My main goal was to make the 6-mile/2000’ cut off at 2 hours. Which I did easily.

Secondary was to finish in 15 minutes a mile, which I did in 14:03 minutes a mile, depending on what you looking at.

Start. It’s the most walking, erm, “power hiking” i’ve seen from a start line, yours truly included.
Just after the cut off. Looking out over the basin.
First views of the big climb. Except vert isn’t real.
Vert isn’t real. It’s just an optical illusion that I had to use my hands for this and that there was a shear drop on one side of the trail.

Wouldn’t be a trail run without a few stream crossings, mud, and some (very) brief snow.
Got my medal.
Thiccbois finally resting at the finish.

Attachments

• 66F8A879-7CB8-49F1-AB88-E36F09F8025E.jpeg
    66F8A879-7CB8-49F1-AB88-E36F09F8025E.jpeg
    79.4 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
@Professor_Cookie , great job! I hike a lot, and that elevation gain would make me take that hike seriously at a more sedate pace, let alone trying to get under a 15:00 pace! Wow! I hope you got some good views out of it, too.
Well, the downhill makes up a little for the uphills. I was settled in fast hiking uphill in a couple of spots right behind people that were running. I really wanted to tell them that they were wasting energy but I kept my mouth shut. I did get a lot of awesome views. This summer is really the first time I’ve gotten up into a lot of this stuff not snow covered. It’s been great.

A running friend ran Shamrock and ran with Meb's pace group. He had shared some pictures that were pretty neat on FB. I didn't want to repost without his permission, but Shamrock is now using one of the pictures of them for their marketing. My buddies bib name is "Not Meb".

NotMeb.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter